request for scaling down tile Improvements

KnelRivendare

Warlord
hello, i was messing around with R.E.D. modpack today and scaled down all my units to like 4times smaller and adding extra units per formation so for example i have 12 tanks per formation and they are almost real size and i was wondering if this is maybe also possible for tile improvements.

i really like placing things like citadel's on tactical stroke points but they are so fricking huge its so ugly i searched and searched but cant find a way and my modbuddy isnt working atm so im asking if any experienced modder already found a way doin this or is interested finding it out

thanks in advance for any help with this

civ5artdefines_landmarks.xml lets you rescale improvements the same way you do with units.

No, unlike units, you cannot replace civ5artdefines_landmarks.xml. You can put it in your mod with VFS=true, but you won't see any of your changes reflected in the database. Instead, you need to update the ArtDefine_Landmarks table in the database directly using SQL. I believe this statement would do the trick:

UPDATE ArtDefine_Landmarks SET Scale = Scale * 0.5 WHERE ImprovementType IN ('ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_ACADEMY', ...<list all art defs you want here>);

Note that camps won't work. Or rather, you will shrink the resource with the improvement (I think). The graphic for these seems to be embedded within the resource art (so you have "deer" art with 4 states: "naked deer", "deer with camp under construction", "deer with camp" and "deer with pillaged camp"; then you have this whole series repeated for deer on hill). May be other problems that I can't predict, but give it a try.

Note that the same approach would be a better (more modular) approach for units too.

Top Bottom