[Request]How to fight inflation?

Did one of the SVN updates alter or change how inflation is calculated? I just updated to the most recent one. Was probably like 100 versions back. My income went from around 12k to barely 2k with my inflation being around 13k. Note, I did do alot of hurry production. I wonder if that's now a bigger deal.

Did one of the SVN updates alter or change how inflation is calculated? I just updated to the most recent one. Was probably like 100 versions back. My income went from around 12k to barely 2k with my inflation being around 13k. Note, I did do alot of hurry production. I wonder if that's now a bigger deal.
In a way, inflation was not changed a bit, but there have been some changes to the expenses per turn percent adjustment variable that act as a gamespeed modifer.
The variable affects all expenses like, city maintenance, civic upkeep, unit upkeep, and inflation penalty.

in Rev 9263: the value for the modifier was:
85% on normal gamespeed (100 gold expense per turn is adjusted to 85 gold expense per turn)
115% on eternity gamespeed (100 gold expense per turn is adjusted to 115 gold expense per turn)

It changed a couple of times, up and down, until what it is now. In the latest rev it is:
140% on normal gamespeed (100 gold expense per turn is adjusted to 140 gold expense per turn)
180% on eternity gamespeed (100 gold expense per turn is adjusted to 180 gold expense per turn)

In my opinion it should just be 100% on all gamespeeds, but that is irrelevant to this conversation.

Last edited:
In my opinion it should just be 100% on all gamespeeds, but that is irrelevant to this conversation.

EDIT: All GS iHurryPercent and iUnitHurryPercent values Reset to Default values. No scaling for GS increased turns.

Games with already high values may see no changes in the Inflation build up. New games by GS levels Except Normal will see changes to the speed of build up.

Last edited:
iUnitHurryPercent values reverted. Tag does not do what I thought it did. Toffer pointed out the error to me.

Hurry Inflation Decay rate changed from 2% to 10%.

Top Bottom