1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Requested Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Alex_K, Sep 23, 2010.

1. specialk2121

specialk2121 Chieftain

I would like a Rebellion Mod
    Kindof like RevolutionDMC for Civ 4

2. michaeltrnka

michaeltrnka intergalactic hitchhiker

Has anyone considered trying to make an adaptive difficultly mod. I’m imaging something like Mario Kart where the guy in last place gets the best items. When you get the splash screen that ranks nations based on population or technologies or happiness ect… you could give a boost to the lowest ranking nations. E.g. X points of culture to the lowest ranking nation. There may have to be some adjustments as to how much science, culture, ect… is required for various things.

It would be even better if it only worked for nations you have met. I’m picturing a scenario where Europe, Asia and Africa would out pace the Americas based on aping each others discoveries. So when they sailed across the Atlantic they would almost definitely find a more primitive people.

I know that research agreements are supposed to do some of this but they are too expensive and don’t really help low tech civs catch-up. I realize that something like this may take some serious rebalancing but more ambitious projects have been undertaken by this moding community.

3. Hymen Shame

Hymen Shame Chieftain

I would love to see CCMAT II updated for the latest patch. I miss it something awful...:confused::(

4. CYZ

CYZ Toileteer

I would like to see more unique units/buildings/improvements. Right now it's 2 per civ. Instead of more new civs I'd like to see 1 extra unit/building/improvement per civ, or even 2 in the future.

Extra unique abilities (ie leaders) would be great as well.

5. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

I want barbarians having cities like regular civs...

What about cities starting at level 0, a camp of one hexe only ?
    This camp should have 2/2/2

6. gschelz

gschelz Chieftain

I would like to see a mod, if there is not one, that allows the customization of victory conditions particularly Domination. I like to finish the games I play, especially the ones that I am winning, but hate chasing around the (large/huge) world for the last remaining capital.
    Some games (GalCv?) allow the player to set the percentage resources/pop/land/etc that they would consider as a victory. For example, once I have over 50% of pop and/or industrial output I would consider it a victory. I have rarely ever seen a computer player, especially in CivV come back from behind.
    Thanks (and please - no messages that I should pursue science/cultural victories instead!).

7. ComradeKristov

ComradeKristov Warlord

I would love to see a mod that adds +1 range to gunpowder units at 50% strength. This would help create a more stagnant front ala WWI until the advent of tanks. Also it would help me by keeping promotions from crossbowmen to musketmen. I have yet to figure out how mods work. I know how to do XML but the other stuff is just confusing to me.

8. CYZ

CYZ Toileteer

I would like to see a mod for a new policy system as described here

Am willing to put in any work a non-modder would be able to put in.

9. Ankhe

Ankhe Chieftain

A battle-oriented Star Wars mod, where randomly generated smallish map would resemble planets. For example, Tatooine, would have tilesets for different parts of town or desert; players would build station posts (cities, from mechanic's point of view) to recruit troops.

10. Drachenfire

Drachenfire Chieftain

Terraformed Mars

Basically, I am interested in playing on a terraformed Mars. According to Robert Zubein, Mars might be terraformed within 1000 years, so a theoretical start date for the scenario could be in the year 3112. My idea is that with climate change here on Earth increases at an alarming rate, the United Nations decides to endorse terraforming operations on Mars, largely backed by America, China, Russia, Europe, maybe also India and some pan-Arab state, or some other combination that seems reasonable to get a good cross section of Earth's cultures. Maybe the scenario could start in 2111, and the nations/bases on Mars could somehow terraform the planet through the corse of 1k years? I dont know if this is possible.

Here is a map of a terraformed Mars by Fractal Terrains. It may serve as a basic starting point for a terraformed map. The region to the extream south ... that "landmass", is about the size of Africa.
    http://www.ridgenet.net/~jslayton/mars/A000000.html

The idea would be that these nations would establish bases on Mars and form the first “cities” from which players could start from. The idea would be that the nations on Earth suffer some apocalypse and the colonists on Mars are stranded… albeit on a fully terraformed planet, or a plenet somewhat terraformed. The apocalypse might entail some kind of virus which causes occasional plagues (maybe zombie-ish?) which might wreak havoc on occasion. With the apocalypse, each player would be able to have the knowledge of the whole geography of the planet as it has been recorded from space, but dated. But for the most part, each nation starts off at a single base, and the vast planet is available for expansion.

Now, on a terraformed Mars, it is theorized that the total available land mass that would be above water would be the size and area of Africa.

Also interesting, is perhaps some of the technology had retrograded somewhat, so that some things have to be relearned? Or perhaps simply have everyone start off with modern tech. But other aspects may need to be tweaked too, such as new monuments and nation achievements specific for Mars. New cultural achievements for Euro-Martians, for instance, and American-Martians, act.

Mars already has a well documented geography, and one could see the northern flatlands becomeing the Chryse Ocean. I wish there would be some way to link the potential name of a city of whatever culture established on a "tile" with the geography of the planet, so that if someone established a city of the ridge edge of the Sharanov Creater, the city might be known as "Sharanov", whereas if someone established a city on Olympus Mons, it may be known as 'Olympus Mons'.... if this makes sense.

Ruins could represent old domed colonies.

New wonders might include

Space Elevator
    Space Station

If the scenario is such that the technology went backwards a bit, prehaps to mid-20th century, then space race may be available too.

11. LetMyPeopleGo

LetMyPeopleGo Prince

I hope this is the right place for my request, I would like somone to help me do a little mod with some changes I like, I did this myself directly on the game files but each time I commect to steam the files are restored back to normal, here is my request:

Code:
    In the file - [B]GlobalDefines.xml[/B]

<Row Name="BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE">
    			<Value>30</Value>
    		</Row>

To:

<Row Name="BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE">
    			<Value>1000</Value>
    		</Row>

<!--Experience & Promotion Defines-->
    		<Row Name="EXPERIENCE_PER_LEVEL">
    			<Value>10</Value>

To:

<!--Experience & Promotion Defines-->
    		<Row Name="EXPERIENCE_PER_LEVEL">
    			<Value>7</Value>

<Row Name="MIN_CITY_RANGE">
    			<Value>3</Value>
    		</Row>

To:

<Row Name="MIN_CITY_RANGE">
    			<Value>4</Value>
    		</Row>

In the file - [B]CIV5Technologies.xml[/B] 

<Row>
    			<Type>TECH_PHILOSOPHY</Type>
    			<Cost>105</Cost>
    			<Description>TXT_KEY_TECH_PHILOSOPHY_TITLE</Description>
    			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_TECH_PHILOSOPHY_DESC</Civilopedia>
    			<Help>TXT_KEY_TECH_PHILOSOPHY_HELP</Help>
    			<Era>ERA_CLASSICAL</Era>
    			<ResearchAgreementTradingAllowed>true</ResearchAgreementTradingAllowed>
    			<Trade>true</Trade>
    			<GridX>3</GridX>
    			<GridY>2</GridY>
    			<Quote>TXT_KEY_TECH_PHILOSOPHY_QUOTE</Quote>
    			<PortraitIndex>16</PortraitIndex>
    			<IconAtlas>TECH_ATLAS_1</IconAtlas>
    			<AudioIntro>AS2D_TECH_PHILOSOPHY</AudioIntro>
    			<AudioIntroHeader>AS2D_HEADING_TECH_PHILOSOPHY</AudioIntroHeader>
    		</Row>

Change row 7

<ResearchAgreementTradingAllowed>true</ResearchAgreementTradingAllowed>

To:

<ResearchAgreementTradingAllowed>false</ResearchAgreementTradingAllowed>

In the file - FeatureGenerator.lua 

function FeatureGenerator:AddIceAtPlot(plot, iX, iY, lat)
    	if(plot:CanHaveFeature(self.featureIce)) then
    		if Map.IsWrapX() and (iY == 0 or iY == self.iGridH - 1) then
    			plot:SetFeatureType(self.featureIce, -1)

else
    			local rand = Map.Rand(100, "Add Ice Lua")/100.0;

if(rand < 8 * (lat - 0.875)) then
    				plot:SetFeatureType(self.featureIce, -1);
    			elseif(rand < 4 * (lat - 0.75)) then
    				plot:SetFeatureType(self.featureIce, -1);
    			end
    		end
    	end
    end

Change row 2 

if(plot:CanHaveFeature(self.featureIce)) then

To:

if(plot:CanHaveFeature(self.featureIce) and plot:IsAdjacentToLand() == false) then

Many thanks in advance for anyone willing to construct that little mod for me.

Thanks

12. shinyhalo

shinyhalo Chieftain

It would be nice if you could "take over" a resource/luxury by keeping a military unit on it for ten turns in a row and have the hex it's on also switch to your border color.
    This way, you could do sort of a partial invasion without having to take a whole city.

13. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

I would like to see Terrain improvements that can be constructed by Military Units like Trenches, Miliatary Hospitals. That allow you to dig in and get a defensive bonus or extra healing on enemies or nuetral land.

I would also like to see airstrips allowed to be built in enemy/ nuetral territory so when attacking another continent, or sometimes simply moving your fighters from one continent to the next, it can be done with fighters and bombers.

I would like to see Fighters and Bombers able to embark, after all how did they get moved from continent to continent early on in WWI and WWII?

I would like to see a SeaBee unit or promotion, that allows units to act both as civilian workers and combat units so that you can build things like Airstrips and Defense works in enemy territory without getting picked off by enemy horesmen.

I would like to see Artillery destroy, or have a chance to destroy terrain improvments, or cities buildings as it fires repeatedly at units. Same for bombers.

I would like to see hexes that host battles have a chance to have terrain improvements destroyed. It's another way to balance out the conquest victory. Yes you may have built a big miliatary but once you conquer the enemy you have to rebuild.

I would love to see the scouting ability of aeroplanes brought back. Seems rediculous to me that I can repeatedly fly over enemy territory and not have the fog of war hexes revealed.

14. ChaChaLoco

ChaChaLoco Chieftain

Well effectively I would like a mod that does the following things (and only the following things)

1. Increases tech research time and reduces build time (so you dont have great tech but bad infastructure)
    2. Fixes how many years passes per turn (so you don't hit the industrial age in the 1950's)
    3. Changes the following faction bonuses.
    A. Germany - Teutonic Efficiency - +1 Production from Factories, Workshops, Forges and anything along those lines.

Anyway if someone could do the above things for me (or tell me how to do them myself) I'd be very grateful :D

Siam and Ottomans should be changed too but I'm stumped on what to change them too as I don't know a lot about them.

15. molnibalage

molnibalage Chieftain

What abot spying? AS i see the three biggest MOD that I have tried - NiGHTS, Echoes and Total MOD - gives much different game if you use city state + diplomcay MOD + Petroleum mod + some additional / optional MODs. (Tradable resources, improved tiles,)

What is missing? Spying, stealing tech, sabotage, ect. My guess that it is hard to make as was in BtS. What about CiV 1/2 style, with diplomats / spy units?

Is there a spy MOD? Maybe I have'n found yet.

16. Mars83

Mars83 Warlord

not going dig up 20 pages but if this was suggested atleast i know...

how about a mod to increase the hex limit from 3 to a higher number.

Joey

17. molnibalage

molnibalage Chieftain

For cities? It has been done as I can remember. There is a MOD that allow to use hex up to 4 distance.

18. Mars83

Mars83 Warlord

for cities... because the way the Captial has i have more unemployed citizens and all spaces filled; along with all slots filled in specialized buildings.

Joey

19. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

You mean WORKABLE radius?

AFAIK, that is not a simple mod, nor would it be possible at all at this point.

Of course, that's based on what needed to be changed to accomplish the same thing in Civ4; There may be global defines for it in Civ5. Highly doubtful though.

20. Mars83

Mars83 Warlord

yes the workable titles i ment. oh well.

Joey