1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Requested Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Alex_K, Sep 23, 2010.

1. I_qua_I

I_qua_I Prince

Can we have a mod that disables ALL unit animations please? I know they have a combat animation switch but I really miss the quick moves option.

2. jolietjake

jolietjake Chieftain

Fall From Heaven man is the top mod request on my list. Second, I would like to see something like Rise of mankind and something that explores outer space. I was a big fan of the Planetfall mod on Civ 4 also. I have still not deleted Civ 4 because I still like to play these mods...

3. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

2 things id like to see as an option in the game. first id like to see small stacks possible, no bigger than 4 or 5 units. second id like to see the gunpowder units make ranged attacks like archery units.

neither may be possible but i can dream :)

4. Crabman54

Crabman54 Chieftain

I don't remember which mod it was but one of them had a "Sniper" unit that you could build or upgrade from Crossbowmen. It was a ranged rifle unit. Pretty cool but I can't find it now.

5. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

that would be cool. im hoping the CtP mod will get something like that going if it really does try to make civ more like CtP.

6. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

It's been a few months already and yet I've still don't see any great mods out there that can be similarly compared as a total conversion mod like Fall from Heaven 2 for Civ 4. I've once posted this about it, but do not still see it happening, I don't know if firaxis will be releasing anything that allow us to customized the whole game.

7. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

You know why?

We have no ability, as yet, to add new mechanics; All we can do is shuffle around existing features. Modders coming from Civ4 feel quite limited in that area, and will continue to feel so until we get DLL access.

Which absolutely WILL happen. Be patient; FfH was the product of YEARS of development.

Until then, try Procryon's mod; Closest to a total conversion that I am aware of.

8. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

it will take time before they can really make a major difference in the game. i recently went back and played civ IV BTS just as it came out of the box, along with offical patches, no mods no modder patches nothing. i had forgotten how backward the game had looked before everyone here got into working on it. it made me realize that civ V is way better than Civ IV was before the modders got involved. so i have alot of hope that they will give us the tools to totally turn this newest version around like we did that last one.

9. k_mac

k_mac Chieftain

I would like to see some features from the old civs. I liked the terraforming in Civ 3. I also liked how capturing a capital city of a large civ split it inot two factions in Civ2.

10. Charybdis

Charybdis Scion Doomgiver

Pokemon Mod

Resources allow you to build basic level pokemon
    As pokemon reach levels they can upgrade to different pokemon
    Research unlocks these higher ones, buildings to increase training rate
    Construct items to attach to pokemon to increase their abilities (similar to how FFH2 had equipment if anyone remembers those)
    Create variety of resources to simulate different types. eg. Cows/Sheep/Fish = food resources = limited amount of pokemon/army. Iron/Horse/Uranian etc become Electrical/Seed/Earth/Fire or suitable names to create specific pokemon. Build a pikachu? One food one electrical etc etc.

Wage wars, catch 'em all ;)

11. MayNilad Man

MayNilad Man King

Settling great people mod

Could we have a mod that allows us to settle great people into cities? There just some times where I don't want to have to give up an improvement just so I can use my GP to improve city yields

12. Bivoj

Bivoj Chieftain

Adding age of reason (horse&musket) warfare - some units between madieval and industrial ages.

13. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

I've reinstalled Civ 5, but still don't find it very thrilling. Is there an American Civil War mod out there though? Civilization 5 is like made for a Civil war mod. The rifleman unit only needs to be colour changed to become either Confederate or Union and there are loads of other suitable units as well.

Any tips? If there isn't, the US Civil War is my suggestion for any modder to take up, since the game is leaned towards a wargame and some of the vanilla units are really suitable. It will probably get very popular too.

14. ronjon

ronjon Warlord

15. ronjon

ronjon Warlord

16. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

......You DO realize you are not posting in a mod thread, correct?

17. ronjon

ronjon Warlord

nope, wrong damn thread

18. shinyhalo

shinyhalo Chieftain

I want anti-aircraft guns to have unlimited counter-attacks instead of just one.
    Please tell me what file I have to mod. I can't find it.
    Thanks

19. michaeltrnka

michaeltrnka intergalactic hitchhiker

Has anyone considered changing the way “raze city” works.

It often seems that the AI builds useless cities in the middle of no-where. Occasionally I have to take these cities because they are between me and what ever I really want to attack. So I “puppet” it and now I have this useless puppet city in the middle of my empire that I hate. There is a huge penalty to happiness for razing and no upside (maybe a small decrease in population).

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a small bonus for razing cities. Maybe call it “raze and pillage” and give any troops garrisoned in the city instant heal. It would be like the troops were looting the city and conscripting the town’s people into their ranks.

20. PlyPlay665

PlyPlay665 First King of Persia

I would like to have an Option to "Liberate" A capital city at any time. Like, if you take over a Capital City, and you want it at first, but after a little while, maybe you decide to go for a Diplo Victory or something, and want to Liberate it later. Maybe replace the Raze City button since you can't raze Capitals anyway? And then also give AI's the option and give them a small chance for doing it themselves, saying the city isn't in the middle of it's own Empire or they're not going for a Victory win? Or if they are having happiness difficulties? Cause when you think about it, that's what happens in r/l, if a Revolution takes place.