1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Requested Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Alex_K, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Taure

Taure Chieftain

1. I loved the idea behind the Economy mod, but I think it got a bit overly ambitious/bloated towards the end - it drifted away from being a specific game fix and became a more general attempt to fix a load of unrelated stuff. And it doesn't work on the patched version, anyway.

To that end, I'd love a very simple mod that just reduced research speed by maybe ~30%. And maybe it would reduce the number of years per turn a small amount to make the years match up to the tech still. Ideally, it would be a game option in the game set-up screen with some sort of slider so you could vary research speed from game to game. Does anyone know of such a mod? Or if not, is it the kind of change that can be done just by going into a game file and editing a value?

2. I'd also love a mod that created a new game option that would allow you to cut the tech tree short of an era e.g. you can't get to the industrial era. I love my wooden ships and knights, but the game moves on so fast.

If its not possible to add menu options in the game set-up screen, then I guess you could just have a different mod for each era.

3. On the more ambitious side, giving each civilisation a unique tech tree would be awesome. It could involve civilization specific techs, different costs for the same techs between civilisations, different order of tech progression and different pre-requisites. It might also be interesting to make each individual technology to take longer to research, but give incremental benefits as you reach certain progression e.g. while reseraching iron working at 25% the resource is revealed, at 50% you can start mining it, at 75% you can start building some units with it, but you don't get the best units until 100%.

2. thadian

thadian Kami of Awakened Dreamers

i would like to see "civ pack" mods that incorporate civs like spain or inca to have an easy disable feature for that (or any) specific civ. If i actually bought a DLC, i would be at a loss of what to do to not have 2 spains or 2 incas for instance.

3. MAGBaxter

MAGBaxter Warlord

Do any of these get answered ?

I was thinking of a MOD that simply changes the Dates.

something that lets you experience evey part of history.

Lets say the year is 2000BC and its the Ancient Era, with this MOD active the year will remain 2000BC until you enter the Classical Era and then the year changes to 0AD, then once you complete the classical Era, you enter the Medieval Era and the year changes to 1066AD, then once thats done you enter the renaissance Era and the year is 1500AD, then its 1911 then its 2011.

I really hope someone will make this for me as i hate being in the Medieval Era and the year is 1850AD

(I havn't actually played a full game yet and i have had this game since january... mainly because i have only just finished a Earth map that i enjoy because i cant play on any other map because im an idiot).

This is for Civ 5

4. Sipovich

Sipovich Chieftain

I would like to see a Fall From Heaven mod, or mod, based on Heroes of might and magic. It would be great.
    Also, i'm thinking about mod, returning cottage-village-town (i forget the correct chain) system

5. Mars83

Mars83 Warlord

i know the Have Fun mod was created but can anyone update it to the recent patch?

Joey

6. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

I would like a mod that converts the city culture boundary system to a national one like Civ IV and where you can take over city states or other players by cultural "inundation" like in Civ IV.

7. TopGearFanatic

TopGearFanatic Duke of St. Louis

I would like to be able to use Huscarls and motte-and-bailies in normal games; any way to do this?

8. HardRocker

HardRocker Student.

I would reeeaaallly enjoy a Revolution Mod combined with 50+ Civ DLL combined with a mod like CIV Gold :D

9. MarshalAlex

MarshalAlex Chieftain

Hi guys!
    Can someone create a new Civ Yugoslavia? :)

10. glider1

glider1 Deity

Who knows, anything is possible. Jdog5000 really likes Civ5.
    Cheers

11. RafaDiablo

RafaDiablo Chieftain

Hey everyone, i really wanted a mod that changed the denmark UA to something like this:
    Denmark-Viking fury:
    Embarked units receive 1+ movement and pay just 1 movement point to move from sea to land.Military units receive double movement within river tiles

12. Lloyd_Ortega

Lloyd_Ortega Chieftain

I would like to see a mod which add to the Great Artist the ability to grant a free SP.

Or maybe remove Cultural Bomb and replace it with that free SP button.

13. void_genesis

void_genesis Prince

One of the best parts of civ for me is the suspense in pushing out a wonder and hoping no-one else steals it first.

I would love to see this idea extended to the tech trees in some way to make it less about using the same preconceived formula every game and more of a process of surprise and adaptation.

The main ideas would be:
    1- The tech tree is in some way a bit different every game. The easiest way to do this would be to scramble the order and connections between techs and their prerequisites in each game set up, but keep the eras intact. Also probably keep the peaceful/aggressive split between the main branches. Some techs/units/buildings/wonders could be missing altogether. This would complement with adding in extra diversity of techs/units/buildings as well since many are available as isolated mods. Unique units/buildings would be unlocked for that civ always when entering the respective era.

2- Techs are to some degree like wonders, so only the first eg 50% of civs to research the tech get to use it immediately. Perhaps this can be balanced with all earlier techs becoming available to a civ once they pass into the next era. This brings up difficult choices This would mean two closely matched civs might find themselves stuck in a mounted vs ranged war with only last era melee and siege units to support. It also means you can try bee-lining to the next era, but risk hitting dead ends in the unknown tech tree.

3- Option for random available technologies pop throughout the game, more in keeping with real life where accidents/serendipity are important for technical progress.

Ideas? Responses? Moddable?

14. Shumpitostick

Shumpitostick Chieftain

The mods I want are a mod that will let you manage your cities border expansion( I am tired of cities that expand to mountains and other unusable terrain) and a mod that disables war and barbarians, making a game focused only on expansion

15. echosfolly

echosfolly Chieftain

will there be a BAT mod in the future?

16. Mars83

Mars83 Warlord

not sure if this suggested but how about the wonder on World Trade Centers.
    have it transformed into the freedom towers when reach the Future Era.

Joey

17. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I probably should've see if this was asked for already

But religions/corporations (which I know was made but is no longer "working")

and Apostolic Palace along with U.N Voting Options would've been so fun!

18. Scrooge

Scrooge Baa Humbug

A Civ4 BtS RevolutionsDCM Mod PLEASE.

Fixed Legions mod with 3UPT (or x UPT selectable) please. Small archipelago/continent maps are not fun with 1UPT at all. < OK fixed that one myself.
    Bring back Civ2 Spies/Diplomats! Bring back Religions/Ideology!

Random events and dynamic maps - yay!

19. dano72

dano72 Chieftain

I looked around and while I saw mods that sounded similar, I didn't see anything like this one....please point it out to me if its already been done. Yes, its Lovecraftian, but I think it would be pretty cool...

What I'm thinking is this - game starts out normally with all default races, except for one strange, new race of humans (Thralls of Cthulu) that always starts on a coastal location. They are somewhat strange looking, build strange, unique buildings and trade in odd commodities. They worship strange beings from the sea (see where I'm going?), but are willing to do some trading and low-level alliances with other humans. Can actually be friendly but are very evil. Using theology, they are building enough points (temples, policy, etc) to summon ancient forces/beings to take over world/return to land. If you don't stop them (all the while dealing with the other races who seem oblivious or even protective of these people), their plan works.......at some point in game (can be at any time, you never know when), a new non-human race appears based on the Order of Dagon from the Lovecraft/Cthulu mythos (like the aliens from the earlier Civ games), and begins to invade land, starting at the coasts. The thralls become instantly hostile to all races and assist their newly-risen masters. All sea travel and trade becomes impossible, as the Children of Dagon wage their war upon the earth. Sea levels rise in some parts of the world, destroying civs unlucky enough to be below sea level.

If the thralls are stopped before the summoning, they disappear for a number of turns, only to appear somewhere else randomly on the Earth to begin again. You are never truly rid of the menace, but it can be kept in check indefinitely if everyone is vigilant. If the invasion begins, it can be beaten back, but at a high cost. New defenses such as the elder sign, assistance from the Great Race of Yith and/or the Elder Gods, and mankind's technological/magical means can slow or stop the invasions. If not stopped, the thralls and Cthulu mythos beings ravage the earths surface, all human races are destroyed and R'lyeh rises forever.

I could go on with more, but this is the general idea. Thoughts? Has it been done?

Thanks,

~ D

20. Scrooge

Scrooge Baa Humbug

Not sure if that's the right place to post - but as an idea sharing and relating to my post just above for anyone interested:

OK, so I've read up a bit on Legions Mod and re-modded it from 999UPT to to 3UPTs, also taken down all archers' bombard range from 2 to 1 tile making them a lot more vulnerable (as you can now protect these with stronger melee units) - play testing on large map and the game is just beautiful! LOVE IT!