Requesting following features

I would prefer if you asked him an way the TXT_KEYs are defined in my text file do you need that too?
What? :confused: All I need to know is what the Adjective names of the Civs concerned are. Like English, Pictic (?), Gallic (?) and so on. Otherwise you'll have to edit my modules and change these yourself.

This is what I have so far. The Pictic code is mostly in another module (.py file) and there is also a CivPlayer module at work here, hence the good looking code. :D
Spoiler :
PHP:
### Unique Civ abilities for Jamie's Rome Mod, by Baldyr

from CivPlayer import *
from Picts import *

### constants

# mod settings

iCarthageMoves = 1
eGreeceCivic = getIndex("Civic", "Universal Suffrage")

# eNums

eSailing = getIndex("Tech", "Sailing")
eSea = getIndex("Domain", "Sea")

# CivPlayer instances

pCarthage = Civ("Carthage")
pGreece = Civ("Greece")

### main functions

def carthage(eTech, ePlayer):
        "Power of the Sea - +1 movement for all naval units"
        if ePlayer == pCarthage.get(playerID) and eTech == eSailing:
                pCarthage.get(CyTeam).changeExtraMoves(eSea, iCarthageExtraMoves)

def greece(ePlayer, eCivic):
        "Power of Democracy - Enables Universal Sufferage from the start"
        return ePlayer == pGreece.get(playerID) and eCivic == eGreeceCivic

def england():
        "Power of Rebellion - Conquored English cities suffer increased unhappiness and a 30% chance of revolt"

def picts(pCity=None, bRaze=False):
        "Power of the Highlands - Hills +1 food"
        if pCity:
                if bRaze:
                        checkHighlandsCity(pCity)
                else:
                        newHighlandsCity(pCity)
                        checkHighlandsCity(pCity)
        else:
                processHighlandsCities()

def gaul():
        "Power of the Dun - Cities built on hills get +10% defence"
Note how I'm stashing the setting constants at the top of the module for easy access. Also note that I'm using what I'm supposing are the adjectives for the Carthaginians and the Greek. You need to verify!

I'm posting this because I want you to be able to follow my progress. So if I understand this correctly we're only missing England and Gaul, right? And the Picts need some additional tools to work the way you wanted.

right ok...

The Spoiler I posted says that the KEY_CIV_PICT_TWO_ADJECTIVE = Pictish

You should be able to get it from there

I added CyPlayer.changeCityDefenseModifier(int iChange) (was already used internally, just exposed it to Python).
Ouch, I guess this isn't what the doctor ordered after all. :p What we need instead is a CyCity.changeDefenseModifier() because the ability reads:
Power of the Dun - Cities built on hills get +10% defence
So it would be situational what cities get the bonus (on the cityBuilt callup).

I believe that it is The_J who has been supplying you with Python, right? Because it would be helpful to know whether or not he has used any scriptData in his work. For reference I'm gonna use scriptData for CyCity and possibly CyPlayer instances. (I edited out the need for using CyGame - the most likely culprit for a conflict with different mod components using the same objects.) If this means nothing to you I could just as The_J myself.

I haven't really added much here, and i don't normally use scriptData, so unless the SpawnACiv modcomp is integrated here (no, right?), there should be no scriptData be present.

Btw Carth and Greece are Standard

The rest are
Gallic
Brython (I think) (btw the Britons are the Brython not english just so you know)
Germanic
Pictish

And yes Gaul and Brittania and the last 2 left

Oops... I didn't notice that.

I'll add it to the city as well, but you'll need to update it whenever a city switches hands.

Oops... I didn't notice that.
No, it was my mistake. :blush:

I'll add it to the city as well, but you'll need to update it whenever a city switches hands.
Yeah, so there probably also needs to be a CyCity.getDefenceModifier() or the like.

And yes Gaul and Brittania and the last 2 left
Ok, I'm awaiting what Asaf will come up with for both of these - and for the Picts. In the meanwhile I'm getting the rest of this thing in order.

I looked at your Dynamic Byzantium Senario and I was wondering wether The J could use this as a base for the civil war? Of course it's up to him what he does but it could end up helping our situation... :D I have my moments... :rolleyes:

right ok...

The Spoiler I posted says that the KEY_CIV_PICT_TWO_ADJECTIVE = Pictish

You should be able to get it from there
Damned, it turns out it wasn't the Adjective names I need, its the short forms. Like "TXT_KEY_CIV_PICTS_TWO_SHORT_DESC". Do you know what file those can be found in? (So that I can look up the BtS defaults while you look for the ones you've edited.)

Sorry about the whole name mess - I'm trying out something different and got confused. :crazyeye:

I looked at your Dynamic Byzantium Senario and I was wondering wether The J could use this as a base for the civil war? Of course it's up to him what he does but it could end up helping our situation... :D I have my moments... :rolleyes:
No, it wouldn't work. At all. I used PyScenario, a scenario scripting application I wrote, for the mod scenario. It currently only runs on the RFC Epic/Marathon mod-mod. Sorry.

in the spoiler :D

The Spoiler contains the long, short and adjectives like I said: Everything you need :lol:

@Post 111: But sometimes my moments fail...

Oooooo sorry... You should find them in the Vanilla + Warlords XML/Text Directory... Dunno which text file though...

Ok, found it. :D It was the last post on the previous page, so I missed it completely. :rolleyes:

...and I now realize why my CivPlayer module wasn't such a good idea after all. Because any mod that uses it will only work with the language setting that it was made with. :rolleyes:

Are you ok with a English only scenario, then? :p

hmmm.... no other alternative? I mean you did my version of the greek one with player values e.g. 1

but if not then people gonna have to live with it! :lol:

I was thinking about the British ability and it dawned on me that I already wrote the Rebels Python modcomp. Its detailed in my Python modding tutorial (also in my sig). Is this something that you wanna incorporate in your scenario in general - and especially with cities previously owned by the Britons in mind?

Wait will this mean NO other languages at all? Not even unit and building translations?!

or just english civ names?

im not sure about the rebels modcomp... Authough it does kinda go with the power of rebellion...
but probs not for everyone if it was...

What is your idea on the Brython power as a whole (like what asaf said and what you can do and what effect the Rebels would have), just sum it up...

If we were to use the Rebels I would want them to be Brython!

What is your idea on the Brython power as a whole (like what asaf said and what you can do and what effect the Rebels would have), just sum it up...

If we were to use the Rebels I would want them to be Brython!
What the modcomp does is it (sometimes) spawns barbarian units around cities that are in disorder. Nothing more, nothing less. My idea was that former British cities would have a greater chance of spawning rebels.

But the effect can of course be limited to only cities what were founded by the English - and the units spawned could be British as well. Would the units spawn even if the Brythons are dead as a Civ? Because wouldn't that be equal to a rebirth? (Or should they just be barbarians otherwise?)

Anything, basically, is possible in this context. But you could add the Rebels modcomp to your mod now and see what it does for yourself. I'm sure you will be able to come up with tweaks and improvements if you do. :king:

Top Bottom