[Reskins] Bismarck Battleship

Then I can imagine you wouldn't come far talking in the past tense. :lol:
Actually I had quite the success with the Frauleins... they thought my broken German was cute...

Maybe you should try it sometime Geo... instead of mocking those for trying a foreign language, you may find it scores more points with the local ladies then you realize.

Maybe you should try it sometime Geo... instead of mocking those for trying a foreign language, you may find it scores more points with the local ladies then you realize.

:lol::lol::lol:
I'm between an hour and 3 hour drive from four landborders. Do you really think I haven't a clue how to say things in several languages? ;)

Well for someone totally fluent in every language you master, you sure are quick to mock others for not having your total mastery of foreign languages oh great one.

Maybe that's why the girls liked me more then some of their fellow Europeans... I wasn't so pompous about being the Grammar Police. Then again, Grammar Police in any language is usually someone to avoid, as they are always quite annoying. All I know is that my German pulled me ahead of my fellow countrymen in Germany, and I did quite well with the local ladies, thank you very much.

Oh my, you must be really piqued since you keep on posting about the issue. ;)
Besides, I haven't said a thing about my fluency in those border languages I mentioned and you already assume I have total mastery in them? :lol:

Actually nowadays it is considered to be quite rude to can someone "Fräulein" (Miss) in germany. The young women prefer to be adressed as "Frau" (Mrs). Well, local customs can be strange and difficult to understand for visitors...

Of topic question - who can speak German of all you guys?

Do you need help with a translation? If you need help, you can send me a PM if you like. I think my german is good enough. ;)

Actually nowadays it is considered to be quite rude to can someone "Fräulein" (Miss) in germany. The young women prefer to be adressed as "Frau" (Mrs). Well, local customs can be strange and difficult to understand for visitors...
You have to remember, I'm a bit older then you guys... I was last in Germany in the 80s when I was in my 20s. I lived in Grosslitchen, which (at the time) didn't have any Americans living there, so I did my best to speak the local language, and I had a very good German friend who I hung out with... Back then it was WEST GERMANY... different times guys... different times...

I still find it funny how many Grammar Police are still employed though... you'd think folks would realize that proper etiquette ruled-out Grammar Police a long time ago (where they ever cool?).

<sigh> You can't just accept a new information, do you? If I'd like to play Grammar Police, it would sound much different. I just wanted to remind that customs do change. A word which was considered quite cute 30 years ago might change its meaning complety within this time. And I just thought it would be quite interesting to know this. But if you feel better if you call me... whatever... it can't be helped. Have fun.

Top Bottom