resource placement

Karl der Grosse

Chieftain
Is there any way to copy resources from one map to another if they have identical terrain features? Seems like a real pain in the neck to have to go square by square between two maps and place resources manually with the editor.

Or is there a way to get a listing for the coordinates of each resource? Then it'd be simple to just go place resources on the various coordinates.

forget this, double posting. could a moderator delete this post?

If you got an earth map there, then I can easily place resources for you.
BTW, welcome to CFC!

Originally posted by Amesjustin
Just import the entire map, resources and all from one biq/bix/bic file to another via the editor.

What about all the resources and civ starting positions that already exist on the importing map? I don't want to lose any of that.

Uh, and yeah, I'm vanilla Civ III v1.29f patched with DYP. I'm trying to mod Marla's map for DYP.

I'm using DYP huge earth v1.0F map as a template for the new DYP resources, but incense seems quite scanty. Its not that rare of a commodity. So I made a clean Marla map with only incense as a resource (with custom distribution), and want to import that into my custom Marla map.

Obviously there's a terrain mismatch between DYP 180x180 & Marla's 256x256, so I can just blatently import DYP into Marla. So to some degree I'm stuck going through and hand placing resources anyways. The rational behind that is that I'm assuming that resources for DYP's huge earth are placed in some realistic fashion. Hence the reason for going through all that trouble, and not just reallocate resources. Because Marla's original resource placement was realistic to a large extent, and I don't want to mess that up.

Unless somebody has a brainstorm.

You can only import the resources from Map A into Map B if you completely replace map A with map B.

In other words importing resources from map A to map B while retaining map B's terrain and existing resources is impossible.

Doing it by hand would be your only option. Since you already have a base set of resources, it shouldn't be TOO bad - try setting all of the resources by hand. That is no fun at all.

Top Bottom