1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Retreat!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Argetnyx, Apr 26, 2009.

?

What unit do you fear the most?

1. Infantry

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. Legionary

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. Cavalry

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Tank

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  5. Modern Armor

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
  6. Cossack

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  7. Panzer

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  8. War Elephant

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  9. Three-Man Chariot

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Knight

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Argetnyx

Argetnyx Emperor

Oh, yeah? Do you know how much good the Fallschirmjagers in the Battle of France, and the British and American paratroops during D-Day did? The Fallschirmjagers, Wehrmacht paratroopers, captured 'impregnable' fortresses highly important to the French and Belgian defensive plans, allowing the Wehrmacht to bypass them with minimal losses. The British and American paratroopers during D-Day landed behind the German lines and disrupted communications and supply columns.

2. thetrooper

thetrooper Schweinhund

I know... But how many never touched the ground alive? That's my point.

3. Argetnyx

Argetnyx Emperor

As far as I can see, there were no losses in the air when the Fallschirmjägers attacked the Belgian fort Eben-Emael.

The 6th Airborne Division (British) only sustained losses on the ground, not in the air during the Normandy landings.

The 101st Airborne Division (American) only sustained losses on the ground.

The 82nd Airborne Division (American) sustained 5,245 troopers killed, wounded, or missing after 33 days of fighting, but all losses occured on the ground.