1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Reus: a 2D Indie God Game!

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by AbbeyAdriaan, May 7, 2013.

1. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

Got it via their website today, been trying this out. It's way more fun than I think it has any right to be given how strangely simplistic the design is. I'm befuddled. Truly. I'm still starting out, and got a Geologist in a swamp village. Ugh. It was painful, I kept having to mess with different plants, animals, minerals, aspects, mountains, etc. Just to get that extra 2 wealth required. I loved it.

Looking forward to discovering what this game has to offer.

2. Thrawn

Thrawn Emperor

I like looking at this game just as much as I do playing it. It looks very nice. :)

3. coanda

coanda Emperor

So I loaded up my old save-game from my prior high score to see if I could do better a second time around, and discovered that apparently save-games are prone to deleting improvements on mountain tiles next to the ocean. But not all of them; just some. Not sure what else is in play there.

4. Till

Till Adventurer

I've been playing this for the last couple of days, and i'm very impressed. The game has a surprising amount of depth. One thing that bugs me, however, is the targeting of the healing spell. Sometimes i just can't hit a wounded giant, no matter whether i click on him directly, or the ground beneath it...

5. coanda

coanda Emperor

My understanding is that the healing spell is a wave that travels from the ocean giant, in the direction you click, until it reaches some other giant. At that point, whichever giant it reaches first is the one healed and boosted. I, too, was confused by this for a while.

6. Till

Till Adventurer

Oh, thanks for the tip!

7. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

I kindda wanna play this game... One thing is stopping me: timed gameplay.

8. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

There is a freeplay mode.

9. GAGA Extrem

GAGA Extrem Emperor

That and you can continue in freeplay mode after the timer has run out.

10. Honkoid

Honkoid Honk of the hill

And you can pause anytime and still issue commands.

11. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

But the only way to progress is timed right.

12. coanda

coanda Emperor

There may (or may not) be some changes coming to freeplay regarding unlocks. On the official forums, they've got a running poll over a potential change that would let you also unlock stuff in freeplay, but only for that particular freeplay game (you can play timed, and permanently unlock stuff, or play freeplay and temporarily unlock it).

13. Gazzz

Gazzz Chieftain

Yes, there is. It's something to do.

What I want to do is play the game in order to play the game.
    Unlike in some games like Magic Carpet 2, "conquering" new abilities isn't fun. It's a chore.

Right now I have 4 hours played and in it's current form I couldn't recommend the game to anyone else.