Revolution: with BarbarianCiv, Rebellion, AIAutoPlay

This mod is very good. The whole "revolution" idea makes the game more unpredicatable and forces you to devote more resources to keep the population in check. And there's the whole "Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown" mood.

Hey, I'm new to this mod! A question: Someone knows if there's a good Earth map that works wonders with this mod?

I'd also like to play an earth map for Revolution. Every time I've tried to play an ordinary earth map with it, it's crashed.

Roamty & Freakwave,

Thanks for posting your experiences and ideas of how to improve the mod ... definitely getting AI players to manage their empires and avoid or deal with revolts is something I'm having to continuously work on. One change that will come soon is that you won't be able to whip your way out of unhappiness without facing revolts, a long overdue feature.

My goal is, for a standard size map on Epic starting with 7 players, that on average 3-4 of the AIs avoid losing very much territory in revolts. In my tests this has been working out fairly well, but I haven't tried higher turn counts recently (there's only so much time ...). Also, it's entirely possible other things in the Beginning mod affect rates of expansion etc which have strong ripple down effects for this mod.

Slaughter & Dead Flag,

I used to have some Earth maps for the Warlords version but haven't updated them yet for BTS. I will do so soon. There's a special DLL with 18 civs for playing existing maps in the Downloads section if you can't wait or have other maps you want to play.

It's also very simple to update maps so they work, you just have to increase the player and team count to whatever DLL you're using (ie 34 for the standard one). The map files can be opened by WordPad or any other text editor and there are postings in the main Creation & Custimization forum for how to modify the maps.

Looking forward to your next release. About rate of expansion, then is it actually better to start on say noble, ai expansion wise? but then the ai doesnt know how to handle avoid growth anyway. I could do that also but then it would be pretty much suicide to build high growth cities. Could it be an idea to restrict revolts to the edge of your empire/ outposts/ colonies. Or make the distance penalty higher but lower when close to capital, but then what would versailles and forbidden palace do.

As it is now cities have a counter from size one, Maybe a cities should have a counter from a certain size? Say a city revolts because of lack of luxury goods, result is that city will then even have a less chance to better them selves than staying with empire :) just some thoughts.

I noticed some empires to be much more stable while others face constant rebellions, and there are inbetweens also. Cant really say what is the cause.

Well, I haven't read the entire thread, but I downloaded BTS 3.13 version. I followed the instruction that are posted on page 60, but when I load the mod onto the game, and set my new game, civ4 crashes when I hit the Go button.

I put the mod into BtS Mod folder, since I do not have a Warlords Mod one.

Any ideas? Thanks

I've got 5 empty folders in custom assetz folder: art, python, res, sounds, and xml. So no files there. I have bts version 3, and cant really update it to 3.13. I also donwloaded revolution for 3.02 but the same thing happens.

Hi,

Would it be too hard to make this mod multiplayer compatible? 2 weeks ago ; I tried a multiplayer game with friends and we didn t get too many issues . The only annoyning one is that everybody's get my revolution's window or I get friend's windows or even their event s window ...

genine:

Glad you like it :)

Amuroray:

I've never tried it in multiplayer so I don't know what all of the problems might be. I can change the popup method to one which only shows to one player, but my impression is that there would be quite a few other problems with Out Of Synch errors ... basically, a mod like this has to be built with multiplayer in mind for it to work.

I'll change the popup method for the next version though and you can try it out if you want.

Hi,
quick question in my last game I had a rebellion and my people asked me if I would release control and let anonther one take command(ai) in the 48 turns the ai was in control there was another uprinsing and half of my emipre split away form me when I got back in control it was a mess! could you make it so that if the ai gets a revolution then return control to the player?

Hi,
quick question in my last game I had a rebellion and my people asked me if I would release control and let anonther one take command(ai) in the 48 turns the ai was in control there was another uprinsing and half of my emipre split away form me when I got back in control it was a mess! could you make it so that if the ai gets a revolution then return control to the player?
Sure, I'll think about a good way to put in some form of return to power in a subsequent revolution.

Will you think about adding in [MODCOMP] Unit Statistics to your mod
No, I intend to keep this mod focused, sorry. However, I will support anyone who wants to try to merge the two and answer whatever questions I can.

Also, the SDK features of this mod will be worked into the WOC project in the near future to allow easier merging with lots of other mods.

Also, the SDK features of this mod will be worked into the WOC project in the near future to allow easier merging with lots of other mods.

That's good to hear that you're working with the WOC.

I accidentally moved this mod's assets folder and replaced the assets folder for BTS. As a result, this mod seems to load every time I start a new game whether I want it or not, and I can't unload it. I tried uninstalling and re-installing BTS, and it didn't seem to do anything. Any tips?

Hmmm ... I would say uninstall BTS again, and then look inside the main BTS folders to see if anything has been left behind (there must be something if the mod still launches). Clear out any and all files you find in the \Program Files\something\BTS folder, then also check in \My Games\BTS\ and clear out anything you find in there (specifically the Custom Assets folder).

If you reinstall after that, there's no way the mod will still come up all the time.

Top Bottom