RevolutionDCM for BTS

I'm surprised that you have not got an answer to your question about it. Initial inspection reveals that there is nothing in that mechanic that has changed from stock BTS however you have got me curious. As a modder I have learnt by hard that investigation get's deeper and deeper and deeper until what was supposed to be a 10 minute study, becomes hours and hours without resolution. I won't study the code right now lest I open this can of worms again. However I'll keep it in the back of my mind and look for a simple resolution. There probably is one.

I'm sure there is ;)

Since no one reported abything about that before, I'd say there's a high probability that this was introduce with the latest changes. And if I were you (checking into that *one day*), I would begin by looking at the changes from the show hidden attitude mod, since it exactly changes that sort of stuff. Suffice that one modifier uses the wrong message to display and everything fits into the puzzle :)

I Ran an AI Auto-play game too, and there was 2 wars, both revolution caused. All the starting civs dogpiled the revolutionaries and killed them, and everyone was really happy with each other, for the rest of the game. The AI eventually won a diplo victory. I wonder if there is a bug here, limiting or blocking wars.

I used some of the older versions of Revolutions and liked it but this is the first version I've used with BTS. While I like the ideas and they're well implemented you just mentioned what I don't like--no or few wars. I've now played 3 games into the modern era, all with Aggressive AI, and I've seen very few wars at all. In the current game I loaded up the AI list with all the aggressive ones. Ended up with Genghis next door to me, different religions, culture pressure from my borders, the works but he just stays annoyed for turn after turn. Finally I (Vikings) got Berserkers and attacked him. Yeah I was stronger than he was (2x on the score list) but that's never stopped him before. And despite all the aggressive types there have been very few wars of any kind and none lasted long.

One thing I had to get used to was the fact that a "new world" start is now completely different. By the time the Old World civs get there it will have several thriving civs--they'll generally be well behind the Old World but no more empty map for expansion. I kinda like it, it would even be better if some of the New World civs started even later so they'd be farther behind.

Dick

Glider1,

Sorry I wanted to give you credit in my last post for this mod-comp but was reading BBTSAI before posting so I mentioned JDog. I really want to thank all you guys for the hard work that has been put into this.

AncientPlayer wrote:
"One thing I had to get used to was the fact that a "new world" start is now completely different. By the time the Old World civs get there it will have several thriving civs--they'll generally be well behind the Old World but no more empty map for expansion. I kinda like it, it would even be better if some of the New World civs started even later so they'd be farther behind."

You can modify an xml attribute in Revoultions.ini or one of those files to make it so Barb cities won't turn into civilizations until they hit a certain population. I think the default is 2, but changing this to say 4 or 5 should give you the effects your looking for.

Yeah, wars outside of revolution just plain don't happen. Even with BarbarianCiv off (meaning no minors to be at "war" with to confuse the AI) the AI just doesn't attack.

Yeah, wars outside of revolution just plain don't happen. Even with BarbarianCiv off (meaning no minors to be at "war" with to confuse the AI) the AI just doesn't attack.

For the record:

That problem has cleared up for me. The AI has declared wars of its own accord. (Not Revolutions related.)

What did you change? Because I've still seen almost no wars between the AI except for "event driven" ones like Apostolic Palace or Revolution (including resulting dogpiles).

What did you change? Because I've still seen almost no wars between the AI except for "event driven" ones like Apostolic Palace or Revolution (including resulting dogpiles).

Nothing. I think it was just my fault for not being thorough enough.

Well, all I can say is that the games I've played with the latest DCM mod have been the most peaceable I've seen in a long time, especially with Aggressive AI set. Don't know why but it kinda takes some of the fun out of it.
Dick

not enough wars
Will check it out but as yet I'm not seeing the problem. It is very situational. During testing the engine was tested just as a straight Better BTS AI engine with everything else turned off and I didn't see any difference from the straight Better BTS AI project. Typically things can go quiet during new world exploration but the superior civ will start wars, acquire vassals, invade the new world and win by domination. This is not only my testing, but Jdog's too.

I'll keep an eye on it no question and you all may have very good points! Time will clarify what is actually going on.
Cheers.

I downloaded BBtSAI 0.81 to see if the problem was there, and running JUST that mod the AI does declare wars on each other.

Edit:

After testing again, I'm actually wondering if the AI should have the "first impression" penalties/bonuses on each other. It seems that the AI seems to always be friendly with each other, which is probably actually what is causing the "no AI wars" issue.

Proposals:

#1 The AI should all have the "first impression" modifiers, not just the players.
#2 The AI should weight "I am friendly with my neighbor" lower than "I need to expand" when determining if it's time to kick some ass ;) After all, Monty and Catherine should really have no qualms about nuking someone next to them if the opportunity presents itself.

Side note: My main reason for being on this crusade for "Moar Warz!" is because as it stands now, the "aggressive" civs are basically nerfed. If the AI gets into a stagnant-peace mode, aggressive civs and/or civs designed more for late game wars (Germany, USA, Russia, England) are nerfed because they'll build massive armies... and not use them because they love everyone. So they don't have a "focus on culture" or "focus on science" AI file, but they won't use the AI file they have. Some civs should be trying to conquer the world, and when everyone sings "Kumbaya", those civs might as well not exist.

Especially because it unbalances the game because it allows civs that probably should be defending themselves against the raging hordes of Aztecs and Mongols don't have to worry about it and can tech like mad (Sumeria, Maya, Mali, India).

Found a major bug. ACO isn't working right, more info here:

RevDCM project and Dev forum, Bug Reporting Thread

This is a major one I should have caught while testing the SVN updates before the release of RevDCM 2.6. Anyway fixing this is definatly worthy of a 2.61 re release, I'm not even sure I can play on in my game without being able to see the combat modifiers when hovering over a stack. :sad:

Hey,

There is a lot of revolutions occuring over the globe. What happens when every civilization has been in the game and destroyed. Like i started with 18 civs, theres been about 10 revolutions so that makes 28 civs. Most of the 10 revolutionary civilizations got killed off fast. I guess what im asking is will a civilization respawn again in revolution, eg will i see England be created from revolution a second time after being killed the first time?

Found a major bug. ACO isn't working right, more info here:

RevDCM project and Dev forum, Bug Reporting Thread

This is a major one I should have caught while testing the SVN updates before the release of RevDCM 2.6. Anyway fixing this is definatly worthy of a 2.61 re release, I'm not even sure I can play on in my game without being able to see the combat modifiers when hovering over a stack. :sad:
I have noticed this to. It is most annoying.

hey glider, i kep getting an error on the file: GPutil.py,

i 2 new gp's, but the 4th section:
"
# MOD: specify icon (font glyph) for each new great person (4)
#g_unitIcons[g_gpUnitTypes[GP_DOCTOR]] = u"%c" % CyGame().getSymbolID(FontSymbols.HEALTHY_CHAR)
"

that you wrote,

when i add another line - g_unitIcons[g_gpUnitTypes[GP_GEOLOGIST]] = u"%c" % CyGame().getSymbolID(FontSymbols.RELIGION_CHAR)

it wont load the game - getting a traceback error something, upon removing this addition, parts 1-3 is ok, and the game loads fine,

any thoughts?

thanks buddy.

I have finally completed the conversion and testing of the WoC version of RevDCM (2.6). Unzipped the standard version is 51.3 MB. The WoC version trimmed off 4.5 MB of redundant XML to 46.8 MB and has the same exact features. There are 6 sub modules, which include the following:

1. Bug
2. DCM
3. Inquisition
4. Revolution
5. Super Spies
6. Unofficial Patch

I'd like to ask glider1 to please turn out all future versions and updates in this format. Justification: It is far easier to track down problems in sub mods that have just a few lines of XML vs having everything combined and not know what belongs to what.

Respectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Attachments

• RevolutionDCM.rar
    8.2 MB · Views: 78
OrionVet! Question on that.

If I wanted to export the RevDCM version of Inquisition, (since you've modularized it), what files would need to be moved?

Obviously the Modules\Inquisition
Python\RevInquisition

But do the "main" .py files need tweaked from there?

OrionVet! Question on that.

If I wanted to export the RevDCM version of Inquisition, (since you've modularized it), what files would need to be moved?

Obviously the Modules\Inquisition
Python\RevInquisition

But do the "main" .py files need tweaked from there?

Good Question. You will need various functions from CIVUtils.py, PyHelpers and the 4 files in the RevInquisition folder. There might be a few others. My goal is to update Grand Inquisitions to use RevDCM 2.6. That might be another week or so before I figure out how to make it work.

Orion Veteran :cool:

Don't take this the wrong way...

...I don't like your version. I don't like having the extra building. I prefer a more bland inquisition, I guess.

Top Bottom