RevolutionDCM for BTS

Dumb question, but...

Any chance we could get Blue Marble loaded into RevDCM?

hi, did anyone had any ctds with the latest version?

Hi, what Windows are you using to compile your DLL?

Because if it is Windows XP, it may explain some users' CTDs because XP compiling program isn't as strict as Vista compiling program in relation to errors, according to someone in SDK/Python forum somewhere.

I may be wrong here but still a good idea to check it out of the way if necessary.

Hi, what Windows are you using to compile your DLL?

Because if it is Windows XP, it may explain some users' CTDs because XP compiling program isn't as strict as Vista compiling program in relation to errors, according to someone in SDK/Python forum somewhere.

Other way around. Because Vista is more strict, the game crashes more often.

Anyway, I think he was just asking if it was stable. I've found it to be fairly stable. I can't really say, as I've made so many changes to it, but I don't get CTD's on a recurring basis.

Other way around. Because Vista is more strict, the game crashes more often.

Anyway, I think he was just asking if it was stable. I've found it to be fairly stable. I can't really say, as I've made so many changes to it, but I don't get CTD's on a recurring basis.

Actually, I was referring to one of his mod that I played before. It crashed often, in early turns. It was called Overlord 2. He added in some SDK mods. That was why I was talking about compilers' errors.

@Duuk and Mamba
Sorry about the blue marble confusion. The two do coexist perfectly but since version 2.6, you have to set nocustomassets = 0 in RevolutionDCM.ini. I decided to turn custom assets off by default because of problems people were having with woc and custom asset installations. If you would like me to reverse that decision, I would consider it.
Cheers.

Ah ha! That might explain it. I installed Blue Marble but it only "kinda" worked, (no terrain textures, but with font/color format). It never occurred to me to check that because it sort of worked. :blush:

One "bugfix" I'd like to see is for RevDCM to not crash when loading a scenario with less than the maximum defined teams. This would allow us to use any vanilla scenario map or downloaded map from the "premade" section of the forum.

Perhaps a stupid suggestion, but Piece of Mind is willing to include into hiw own mod PIG a change so that trade routes do not round as much as they do now.

The problem is that quite often, building something that gives a bonus to trade routes (like a harbour) do not change anything because of the way trade routes work. Do you have any plan to integrate that into RevDcm ? Or perhaps that should go with BetterAI ? Seems too much to me to integrate in the Unofficial Patch, although I would not complain if that was the case.

One "bugfix" I'd like to see is for RevDCM to not crash when loading a scenario with less than the maximum defined teams. This would allow us to use any vanilla scenario map or downloaded map from the "premade" section of the forum.

I'm not sure this is even possible...

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. After all, in a vanilla scenario using 6 civs (as an example) is doesn't crash just because you don't have 19 teams defined.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. After all, in a vanilla scenario using 6 civs (as an example) is doesn't crash just because you don't have 19 teams defined.

But aren't all the unused slots just defined as unused, not completely missing from the scenario. There is a difference. However, if this is possible, I would like it too...

This is incorrect. Open up any world builder save, and it will always define the TeamID numbers up to the limit of the dll, or else it will crash. If you don't believe me, delete the TeamID=17 instance on one of the vanilla scenario saves and see what happens in default BtS.

Of course this doesn't mean what you ask is impossible. I really don't know. Someone would have to take a look at where loading a WBS is handled; if it's in the dll, then it should be modable, and such a "fix" should be possible. Of course how loading a save is handled could very well be hardcoded in the .exe

Hello,

For your downloading pleasure, I merged in Multiple Production Mod in these attachments.

• First attachment is for general players interested in playing it. Just unzip it to Beyond the Sword/Mods and overwrite when asked for.
    It just replace CvGameCore.dll in RevolutionDCM/Assets and GameOptionsInfo.xml in RevolutionDCM/Assets/XML/GameInfo (back up the original ones if you want to before unzipping) and put in new file in RevolutionDCM/Assets/XML/Text.
  • Second attachment is for modders interested in seeing how I merged the code in. Specifically look at CvCity.cpp, CvCity.h, CvEnums.cpp, and CyEnumInterface.cpp. The search string is Multiple Production.

Credits: Denev, the original coder of this modcomp that I merged in :). See the link above.

What are the factors that go into "Financial Trouble"?

I'm currently running 70% :science: and 10% :culture: and have "Financial Trouble" as a negative.

I'm currently running 70% :science: and 10% :culture: and have "Financial Trouble" as a negative.
Related to this, when it's a positive effect could the text change to "Financial Stability" or something positive to reflect this? Having "Financial Trouble" in the positive column is confusing.

Top Bottom