RevolutionDCM for BTS

Oh, you should consider adding an option to add to the taskbar as well in future if it is feasible. It is new cool feature of Windows 7.
Isn't that what the Quick Launch shortcut is? I've never figured out what that option really does, just added it because it was simple to add and there are clear examples of the code for it along with other shortcut options.

Anyone out there not patched to 3.19 want to give the installer a try? I'd like to know that the abort function works properly.

Isn't that what the Quick Launch shortcut is? I've never figured out what that option really does, just added it because it was simple to add and there are clear examples of the code for it along with other shortcut options.

They are two different things. Quick Launch is inside that small pop up, while taskbar is right there on the taskbar, large writ. If I can figure out the properties of that, I will post here. we will see.

They are two different things. Quick Launch is inside that small pop up, while taskbar is right there on the taskbar, large writ. If I can figure out the properties of that, I will post here. we will see.

I give up. It is similar to shortcut in theory but how to apply that without having to go directly an original file/folder and right-clicking then clicking on "Pin to Taskbar".
Sorry for wasting your time :).

Reviewing the install script, I'm pretty sure there is a major flaw in it. Unfortunately I can't fix it, without feedback from someone with Gold and someone with Complete. If you use RevDCM, and your copy of Beyond the Sword is installed on Gold or Complete please let me know which (if any) of these installers work:

InstallerTest key${BTS}
InstallerTest no${BTS}
InstallerTest root${BTS}
InstallerTest Original

I'm hoping one of the above works. Without a copy of Gold or Complete I have no way of knowing what's the proper way to define the 3.19 registry for the installer to verify. So if you have BtS installed on a copy of Civ4 Gold or Complete, please download those and see which one (if any) works. Otherwise I'm kinds shooting in the dark, and will just have to guess....

I downloaded BBtSAI 0.81 to see if the problem was there, and running JUST that mod the AI does declare wars on each other.

Edit:

After testing again, I'm actually wondering if the AI should have the "first impression" penalties/bonuses on each other. It seems that the AI seems to always be friendly with each other, which is probably actually what is causing the "no AI wars" issue.

Proposals:

#1 The AI should all have the "first impression" modifiers, not just the players.
#2 The AI should weight "I am friendly with my neighbor" lower than "I need to expand" when determining if it's time to kick some ass ;) After all, Monty and Catherine should really have no qualms about nuking someone next to them if the opportunity presents itself.

After a long break I am getting into cIV again... have the lack of wars problem been resolved?

One of the things I tried to do to increase wars was to make a HUGE "border pressure" number in an attempt to increase wars (with little luck). My biggest problem with civ is that the AI typically picks wars with other civs on the other side of the globe (even early in the game when there is little chance that the units arriving for combat will be from the same age as the defenders).

Basically - I am looking to make the 34 civs in my tiny map (linked below) MORE likely to attack neighbors and consolidate territory (instead of picking fights on the other side of the world). Any advice is appreciated (have really enjoyed this mod in the past and hope that some of you can share some ideas to make nearby wars more likely - or let me know if this has already been resolved in the new version).

Maybe Duuk's idea to have expand value bigger than friendly value in addition to border pressure would solve the distant war problem?

Also, is there anyway for you (glider) to add a version number to display in the mod? (if it is there I must be missing it).

thank you jdog5000 for the answer,

we have a small part in that section that need to be activated, so i re activated the entire section back, im no sdk coder but im a skilled merger, so im very happy that bringing the code back to life, wont cause problems.

thank you so much.

Where do custom civs that are approved for WOC get installed? Is there any other steps necessary? Modifying the civ4.ini?

Where do custom civs that are approved for WOC get installed? Is there any other steps necessary? Modifying the civ4.ini?

They should be installed somewhere under the Modules directory, e.g. Modules/Civilizations

What you are most likely missing are the appropriate MLF entries for the civs to actually be loaded.

Thanks for helping out Mamba. I'm in the middle of testing multiplayer. Progress looks good so far but there are so many potential pitfalls. Not only are there CTD, python error issues as in single player, but in multiplayer you have the extra error type OOS. One thing I have learned as a beginner in multiplayer coding, the BTS developers really tried hard to make it as easy as possible for us modders to effect multiplayer. The bugs we have seen in multiplayer mods, probably come down to a lack of training as to what they implemented for us.

Cheers

glider I really think you should take the opportunity in this MP build to move alot of the Python functions into the SDK. This will have two immediate benefits, firstly it'll improve performance, and secondly stuff done in the SDK doesn't have as much synchronization issues to deal with for MP play. I know it would be a bunch of work, since you'd have to create entire new SDK files, like CvRevolutions.cpp and such, but really it looks like you're basically building alot from scratch anyway, and reading your SVN comments it looks like there is extra sync issues from the python you're struggling with. I think in the long run moving most of the Revolution code into the SDK will save you work, and improve performance.

@Phungus and Kel
Yeah I was thinking the same thing at one point and yes I'm sure Jdog would agree that it would be nice to put Revolutions into the SDK. However it is so much work I won't be doing it and I doubt Jdog will either. Be careful with your judgements about the python engine in BTS! Most if not all the problems you have seen with it regarding oos in multiplayer may not be the fault of python or the BTS developers, but simply that we amateur coders burn our fingers touching things we do not understand and then blame external sources for our problems when it could well be our ignorance that is the problem. From what I am seeing in testing, the multiplayer python is rock solid and what the BTS developers have done was to give us very beautiful toys for us to play with. Is it any different in life? :p
Cheers.

Hi, in the RoM Forum surfaced a problem with cottage growth, where the growth rate was set to -50%, which was rounded so growth was stopped completely.

i have tried in this little patch to solve this by multiplying all internal values by 100, but i cannot compile/check on this system, so i don't know if those are all necessary changes.

Attachments

• ImprovementUpgrade.diff.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 53
Installer is done. I've tried to think of all possible clauses, and it should take care of everything. Please try to break it. It can be found here:

RevolutionDCM slick installer

No... I'm sorry I wasn't clearer. I found it in my build, and the first thing I did was download RevDCM 2.61 and test it from a pure copy. I gave myself 3 trebuchets next to a barbarian city that had a few barbarains in it. The regular bombard option came up, but the ranged bombard did not. I double checked the BUG panel and the "Ranged Bombard" option was checked.

Damn... Now I feel like an Idiot. I can see ranged bombard working fine in RevDCM 2.61, it's got to be something on my end. Sorry for wasting your time.... :(

Were you able to fix this? What was the problem in your mod? I've never had a working Ranged Bombard in HephMod.

Also, I'm still able to build nukes when someone ELSE builds the manhattan project, even though it's now supposed to be a national wonder.

Ummm ... could you tell me how? It could help me address the problem in my own mod.

It is embarrassing as forgetting to putting an 1 in the GlobeDefinesAlt for Ranged Bombard when he merged 2.61 to his mosdmodpack. So when it was a 0, the RevDCM tab's option for Ranged Bombard obviously did not work. The fix was just that, change 0 to 1.

It is embarrassing as forgetting to putting an 1 in the GlobeDefinesAlt for Ranged Bombard when he merged 2.61 to his mosdmodpack. So when it was a 0, the RevDCM tab's option for Ranged Bombard obviously did not work. The fix was just that, change 0 to 1.

But I thought the user preferences overrode the tag in GlobalDefinesAlt? I have other RevDCM tags at 0 in GlobalDefinesAlt, but which I have successfully selected through the RevDCM tab (airbomb, fighter engage, idw, etc.). I tried the change anyway, but I still don't get a RangeBombard button (testing on an Artillery unit).

But I thought the user preferences overrode the tag in GlobalDefinesAlt? I have other RevDCM tags at 0 in GlobalDefinesAlt, but which I have successfully selected through the RevDCM tab (airbomb, fighter engage, idw, etc.). I tried the change anyway, but I still don't get a RangeBombard button (testing on an Artillery unit).

Ok, what I said was based on what he posted in the RoM AND subforum. So there may had been more to it thatn he mentioned.

: point to Afforess : Will let him explain. Was my mistake to say anything :).

Top Bottom