RevolutionDCM with WoC

Johnny, or anybody, I'm hoping you can help me. I've not messed around with modules before so forgive me if I'm overlooking something obvious. However I have for a long time been trying to get the NextWar mod and Dales Combat Mod working together. When I saw RevolutionDCM and then the NextWar WOC module I thought it might be the way to go. So I've installed RevDCM 2.62 and got that working fine. I then downloaded the fixed "Diversica Next War with sounds" module you provided above and installed that into the modules directory as per the instructions in the included readme. I also copied the required Audio XML lines over into RevDCM's audio XML files, and just to be sure I have also run woc_installer.jar from the modules directory. However no matter what I try to do I get the following error when I try to start up RevDCM with this nextwar module installed :

Code:
Failed Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/Civ4EraInfos.xml,[.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML file -
File : xml\GameInfo/CIV4EraInfos.xml
Reason : The element 'iTechCostModifier' is used but not declared in the DTD/Schema.

Line: 39,23
 Source : <iTechCostModifier>0</iTechCostModifier>

After that I just get error after error all related to Civ4 Era's.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong here. This is my first venture into Civ4 mods for a very long time (For instance, I've never seen these module setups before,) so maybe I'm just doing something backward.

I just seem to have NO luck getting a mod working with DCM and NextWar together!

Any help gratefully accepted!

Colt

RockinRoger is correct thanks. There's a utility that comes with RevDCM in the modules folder. It's called woc_converter and needs java installed (read the readme in that folder). What it will do is copy all the schema's across from the mod, into the equivalent areas in your modules folder. You just have to point it at the mod/assets/xml folder and the /assets/modules folders. Schema's dont usually change from release to release, but when they do, they bugger up backward compatibility of modules.
Cheers

RockinRoger is correct thanks. There's a utility that comes with RevDCM in the modules folder. It's called woc_converter and needs java installed (read the readme in that folder). What it will do is copy all the schema's across from the mod, into the equivalent areas in your modules folder. You just have to point it at the mod/assets/xml folder and the /assets/modules folders. Schema's dont usually change from release to release, but when they do, they bugger up backward compatibility of modules.
Cheers

Oh you absolute legend! Thank you, that certainly did do the trick. Finally I have DCM and Next War together! Thank you thank you thank you!

And thank you also RockinRoger.

I appreciate the help.

Colt.

Great look forward to testing it out when you release it! I need to get off my butt and get Woc 3.19 finalized. No that my GF's health issues are mostly over with.

Great look forward to testing it out when you release it! I need to get off my butt and get Woc 3.19 finalized. No that my GF's health issues are mostly over with.

Release it? Sorry mate, but I'm just trying to use somebody elses module, (the fixed NextWar module that Johnny Smith posted on page 3 of this thread). I'm not making or merging anything myself. I don't have the knowledge for that just yet.... I've barely touched Civ IV modding. Now if this was Civ 3 or Moo3, it'd be a different story. :)

Col

Cheers

Working on updating RevGold and I just found this post. Are you telling me that I don't have to copy and renaming BuildingSchema to each folder of unique building?? I just do what you mentioned above and it is it? All I have to do is add in the new XML line to all unique building and unit that needs it added? That is all?

Working on updating RevGold and I just found this post. Are you telling me that I don't have to copy and renaming BuildingSchema to each folder of unique building?? I just do what you mentioned above and it is it? All I have to do is add in the new XML line to all unique building and unit that needs it added? That is all?

I tried that once, putting schema's in a different folder and pointing it to that location, but it never worked for me. If it does work, please, enlighten me.

I tried that once, putting schema's in a different folder and pointing it to that location, but it never worked for me. If it does work, please, enlighten me.

After i merged, I fired up the game. There was no error messages in relation to the RevDCM merged materials. I get other errors unrelated to schema.

So long story short: it apparently worked. Though I got one scare when one leaderhead for Argentina failed because of the schema. I just had to copy fresh folder from CIV Gold for that leader and it was OK ater that. Now I am struggling with unrelated errors like I said above.

I also tried this and never got it to work. Not having to have all those repeated schema files in would greatly reduce the size of my mods.

@RockinRoger
If WoC falls in a heap for whatever reason, please stay in touch with RevDCM and the woc side of things there. Mamba did most of the work on the woc utilities that are now in RevDCM, and there are not many left who can contribute in a concrete way to woc initiatives. Thankfully Johnny Smith from the woc_lite project has made a come back to civ fanatics here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=317432&page=1

Cheers

It should work, but I have not tried the converter in a while. You should always include your schema file for players. Non-modders would be lost I mean.

Rockinroger is the WoC xml guru. So if you need anything xml wise for WoC stuff he is man to ask.

I do not think you can simply leave the old schemas around without problems.

The converter replaces the existing schemas with the updated ones, I believe they need to have the same name though (could be wrong, i.e. maybe it deals with prefixes but I never use those anyway).

how do i convert a normal modular civilization to a woc modular civilization?

The question is, what do you want to achieve by doing so ?

A normal modular civ works with WoC, so you can simply use it as it is. The WoC format allows you more flexibility though, you can separate out the UU, the UB and the LHs and group their definitions inclusion in the civ (in CIV4CivilizationInfos) along with the respective definition of the UU/UB/LH, thereby allowing the flexibiltiy to add / remove them as wanted.

E.g. the xml for adding the LH then looks like this

Spoiler :
Code:
<Civ4CivilizationInfos xmlns="x-schema:CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml">
	<CivilizationInfos>
		<CivilizationInfo>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_IROQUOIS</Type>
			<bTypeDependency>1</bTypeDependency>
			<Leaders>
				<Leader>
					<LeaderName>LEADER_IROQUOIS_HIAWATHA</LeaderName>
					<bLeaderAvailability>1</bLeaderAvailability>
				</Leader>
			</Leaders>
		</CivilizationInfo>
	</CivilizationInfos>
</Civ4CivilizationInfos>

Does anyone know where I can pick up a Zorocastrian module that doesn't have the pinkie squares when you hover over cities with Zoro in them and in the civopedia? Something to do with leaving the spaces out of the filenames but honestly, I've forgotten the details.
Thanks
Cheers

Does anyone know where I can pick up a Zorocastrian module that doesn't have the pinkie squares when you hover over cities with Zoro in them and in the civopedia? Something to do with leaving the spaces out of the filenames but honestly, I've forgotten the details.
Thanks
Cheers

I am not sure how to do it myself as well. BUG has some different settings that I don't know. Without BUG it does not matter.

Great to hear from ya Rockin and Johnny :cool:
You will find that we have a very funny situation here at Civfanatics. We have the software equivalent of a mechanics garage where no-one can find the tools. I'm looking for a module but it's scattered somewhere in an obscure corner or it exists in a dozen spots that it currently is not. I downloaded the WoC project from the trunk the other week. Boy that was a mistake! 1 GByte project and it was still downloading and I had to abort the connection. It had everything in it but Zoro without the pinkies! :crazyeye:

RevDCM has a new place in the SVN called "addons":
https://revolutiondcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/revolutiondcm/branches/InstallerAddOns

Once I find this nice zoro module, I'll put it in there, otherwise open to suggestions. You simply cannot nail a hook in the wall in this place and hang the module from there.

EDIT:
Here is the fix apparently for the pinkies:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8549881&postcount=2010

EDIT:
The problem is not actually in BUG but in WoC. If you rename the module folders with underscores rather than spaces, it seems to fix it a lot of the time.

Cheers

Top Bottom