1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC: BtS Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Hitti-Litti, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Mekajiki

Mekajiki Warlord

This isn't a bug, it's done on purpose to reflect the near-historical site of the Church of the Nativity.

2. kairob

kairob Biohazard

if you start at auto-war with a civ you do not automatically get contact with them.

3. deanej

deanej Deity

Are you sure that there wasn't some reason to have been granted contact with them? In my Arabia game I had an auto-war with France and did not have contact with them until I ran into one of their boats in the mediterranean during my invasion of Spain.

4. UNIT 666

UNIT 666 One of Many

I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

5. deanej

deanej Deity

It's also to keep Rome from being too good of a city to take. Before it was moved, capturing Rome as one of the euros was too powerful a strategy.

6. UNIT 666

UNIT 666 One of Many

Okay, this must be a bug.

RFC 1.186
    3000 BC Start
    Japan

I met the Aztecs and then the Maya on the same turn, in 1515 AD, using a Caravel and spawned two of the raiding parties. The Mayan raiding party (which appeared beside Huaxyacac) was teleported off of Mayan lands (maybe after I declared war on the Aztecs), with a Jaguar and two Holkans put on a one-tile island to the West of the Mayan territory, and the rest put on an island just North of Australia.

I've attached a save, although it's after the event occurred. Mostly, it's to illustrate where the units went.

Attached Files:

7. deanej

deanej Deity

Did you have open borders? If not, your units are not allowed in their lands and so get teleported to the nearest land squared closer to your lands they can be in.

8. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

I've seen the Vikings at war with every other Euro before under 1.186. Was it them?

9. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

yes, they ae ALWAYS at war with the Nederland

10. draaibaar

draaibaar Warlord

Hi,

playing with the latest updates, i'm playing Rome when Germany appears on the map. They appear just beside my two workers working on a cow (see attachment). My workers change from nationality and become germans. Is this intended, why aren't they just throwed out the new German territory?

Also some 50% when i start a game, after a few minutes the game shuts down (message: "civilization doesn't work anymore"). When i try again it goes smoothly.

??

Attached Files:

11. UNIT 666

UNIT 666 One of Many

I did not. That must be what happened. It was still weird, though.

That is not a bug.

Units that are near where a civilization spawns when they spawn are converted their cause, much like how cities are converted. I think it's to prevent various ways of denying a new civ their historical starting area. I think the units are converted rather than moved to discourage attacking a spawning civ.

After a few minutes meaning, after the game loads and you've been playing as normal? If you're playing a normal, unmodded version of Civ4 BTS [3.19] and RFC [1.186] then I would think it has something to do with your computer.

12. matt94

matt94 Warlord

Hi I have two bugs in my game here with Greece. I was playing as the Indians and then switched to them when they appeared. The first is that I did not start with subjection as my expansion civic and I have no expansion civic it just says despotism. This is happening in all of my games. The other bug is that there is a tribal village that doesn't work south of my warrior, see for yourself.
    View attachment Pericles Bronze Age Turn 98.CivBeyondSwordSave

13. Zagoroth

Zagoroth Prince

Sorry double post. Internet said it could not connect and yet it was still able to post...

14. Zagoroth

Zagoroth Prince

I do not know what caused the issue. However if you delete it, and replace the Tribal village you can pop it. Also it might be a better idea to explore with your warriors and keep your Phalanxes at home, Rome is about to destroy Byzantion.

15. matt94

matt94 Warlord

Thanks a lot for you help and advice:) any idea about the civic problem?

Edit: I found the problem it has something to do with the Varietas Delectat modmod

16. Zagoroth

Zagoroth Prince

I used that mod for a while. However it made playing from the Colonial Era onward unbearable.

17. moopoo

moopoo King

I'm having the same problem. It happened twice playing as England, both times while exploring with a caravel; it also happened as China 3000BC start, about 10 turns after starting.

I could post the save file for England if it would help

18. dagriggstar

dagriggstar King

Was playing, the Christian Holy city was on the site of Paris (Luetia or something, anyway see the save files). On spawning of the French rather than flip the city disappeared.

Attached Files:

19. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

Confirmed that Lutecia, holy city of christianity, disappears with the arrival of the french. Is that to be expected? Does not seem so.

Btw, is there something wrong with your RFC install? I see Japan and other civs building mints, while other cities in the world build ger, terrace or ikhanda ?

20. dagriggstar

dagriggstar King

Made some slight xml changes, nothing that should effect Lutecia disappearing but probably enough to mess up what cities are building (since one of the edited files is the buildingsinfo file)