1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC: BtS Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Hitti-Litti, Jul 20, 2007.

1. ZachScape

ZachScape King

I've had 2 bugs so far:
    1. When I selected Rome to start with, the pop-up that shows how many turns are left wasn't there.

2. This is with the Legions. If any of the three guys die in combat, the battle still shows that they are there standing around doing nothing.

2. smile286

smile286 Chieftain

Well, new patch. Start a game as Netherlands, fulfil all conditions, but game says that I'm failed to achieve a third condition (spice resources). As I remember, 7 spice resources need to be in my cultural borders and do not require a plantation on it... Or they do?

Here is the save.

Attached Files:

3. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

they do. You need 7 spices, whether by controlling them yourself or by trade.

4. Allan79

Allan79 Warlord

Something weird happened in the cityscreen. check the screenshot. Then I try to exit it didn't really exit, just changed the "view". To exit I then had to click the citybutton once and then exit.

And those immortals now more look like UFO hovercraft or something like that and they don't function probably. The action-buttons don't show, I had to use hotkeys.

Attached Files:

5. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

The Immortals are OK for me. You seem to have quite rusty graphics in general - maybe the Immortal unit wasn't built with your graphics in mind?

I have to report 2 bugs:

-Despite the fact that I've changed the prerequisite for plague immunity to Mining, thus eliminating all plague except Ameridian First Contact one, as Incas, I still received plague in my cities long after the initial contact with Portuguese Conquerors (which gave me plague too).

-As Incas, the Aztecs started at war with me at the first contact. Seems like it's a part of a feature when some civs are automatically at war with their neighbours to encourage the newborn civ being expansionist, but what can the Aztec-Incan war at the start accomplish?

6. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Bug report:

RiseAndFall.py -> resurrection -> lines 1490 - 1506

If some of the cities of a resurrecting nation were Barbarian, there is a chance that a player may sign peace with the Barbarians. The odds of that in RFC are slim, but it was happening in RFC:Europe (nations respawning after being destroyed by hordes of Mongols = Barbs).

My solution was to indent the code and make it part of the else: on the preceding if statement (basically checking if a nations is Minor)

7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Problems with "Go to (all units)" option:

Spoiler :

You can only use it when moving your units one tile at a time.

Attached Files:

8. kairob

kairob Biohazard

Yeah, I have had this for years, the problem only appears when selecting more than 10 units though. so just move them in groups of ten.

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Strange, it's the first time I notice this.

10. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Prince

I have this problem too

11. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Emperor

Instead of each player saying he has this problem too let's just assume it's an RFC bug which means we all have this problem :mischief:

12. PiMan

PiMan Emperor

Agreed. My solution was to split the stack in two and move one stack at a time.

13. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

There seems to be a bug if you start as any of the later civs (e.g. Dutch) in the 3000BC unlocked scenario. I can OB with all the Europeans (even Rome), since I'm at automatic war with some unknown civ, and the only explanation is that we're all at war with the natives. Is this intended?

14. kairob

kairob Biohazard

could it be the arabs?

15. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

But I don't even know the Arabs. And how could Islamic France, atheist Rome and England, and Christian Germany be declared on at the same time by Arabia? Anyway, there's no autowar when I played as the Arabs except with the Spanish.

16. deanej

deanej Deity

The autowars are somewhat random. You sometimes get them and sometimes not. You can have autowar with a civ you don't have contact with, or even independents/other minor civs (like Byzantium) (in which case you can never be at peace). Yet another reason why you should be allowed to contact Byzantium. Why are they treated as one giant independent? They don't have to be a minor civ to be unplayable.

17. dragodon64

dragodon64 Noble

When you start at war with another civ, do you know them from the start? My only experience with auto-wars is as the older civ. In that case you get them see your future enemy's name right from the start (with 0 score).

18. deanej

deanej Deity

19. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

Actually you do see them with autowar. I was Persia once and Shush was indy, but I already saw Babylon at war with me even though I don't know them.

Again, I ask the question, who could be at autowar with ALL the euros (so that they have the +1 military smile) every single time I load the Dutch? Try it yourself. This must be a bug (unless natives are counted as a major civ now).

20. UNIT 666

UNIT 666 One of Many

RFC 1.186
    600 AD Start

Jerusalem has the Church of the Nativity in it even though it isn't the Christian Holy City. :confused:

I apologize in advance if this has been reported before.