1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Classical World

Discussion in 'RFC mod-mod: Classical World' started by srpt, Dec 8, 2011.

1. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Okay, so I've filled in the city name map in Mesopotamia and Media Atropatene, with appropriate Greek, Latin, Persian, and Arabic names. I've copied the Greek names for those cities to the Parthian city name list, is that okay? (There are no Alexandria's here.)

Also, could you create an Armenian and a Dacian city name "language"? I have a few ideas for city names to put there.

Attached Files:

2. DrZomboss

DrZomboss Brrrainz Gourmet

Those city names maps are useless for the AI, because they always build only a few cities. I really would like the AI to build cities in more random places. One time when I played with the Antigonids I razed Seleukeia and as the Bactrians spawned, they founded it back and also Antiocheia in Susiana! They should have founded cities in their core and border provinces, not in foreign cores just because there was an empty place...

3. Sian

Sian Emperor

Playing Rome and from what i can see Egypt is appearently a Mediterranian Island (at least my cities in egypt have a second trade route from Colossus) :p

4. srpt

srpt Deist

yes I will add those. thanks.

settler maps could be improved yes, they were never done in a very detailed manner. in fact its possible the Bactrians share a generic Greek map.

I tested this and it didn't happen in my game. are you sure the trade routes weren't being added some other way?

5. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

By the way, the tile that Charax presently spawns on has been renamed Ikaros/Agarum. Charax Spasinou has been moved to the tiles surrounding the mouth of the Tigris, so you could move that city 1N onto the marsh to have it remain Charax Spasinou (which was an important city), which would also be more geographically accurate.

6. Crossphazer

Crossphazer King

Just won Parthian UHV in 13 AD. It was a fun playthrough!

AI behaviour going 'according to plan' in most cases.

The major thing of note is that AI Rome can't seem to cope with Balkan barbarians, who take Byzantion/Orestias frequently, which is often the event that sparks Roman civil wars.

7. DrZomboss

Thanks, I was saying many times that Charax should be moved. Btw, you can add Characene which is the current Kuwait. I was also annoyed that the Celts build Agridava (the Dacian name) and the Dacians build Sirmium...

8. Crossphazer

Crossphazer King

80 BC start: Rome is far too fragile both militarily and stability-wise.

9. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Characene is the name of the whole region, not a city, so it's not really that appropriate as a city name. Do you have a Celtic name for Agridava or a Dacian name for Sirmium?

10. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Parthia's first UHV goal (control 5% of the land area) is a "by" goal, not "in" as stated in the text.
    Also, when Christianity is founded (at around 30 AD if no one discovers theology, giving a few apostles), no holy city is set, and thus none ever appears.

11. DrZomboss

Dacian name for Sirmium? Agridava!
    I've updated the mod to the revison 83... but when I try playing as Saba, the info appears "You have been defeated!". I really don't know why... can someone help me? Edit: In addition, the CNM isn't working - all the cities are called "City". Fix it, please.
    How can you edit the CvGameCoreDLL files? I can edit it, but it makes absolutely no effect i.e. I've tried to make Armenians settle the whole Armenia and it made no effect...
    And could you add some generic city names for the civs? It would prevent cities to be called "City"

12. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

The problem with Agridava in the CNM is that all the "translations" are written with Agridava as the default name, but the default name is Sirmium, which means that everyone calls it Sirmium. Fixing that would fix that mistake.

Generic city names aren't really that important anymore; the only places without a lot of city names that might actually get settled are Persia, Arachosia, Central Asia, the Tarim Basin, and the Steppes.

The CNM for revision 83 works for me, I just played a game on it. Maybe it got corrupted during the download/update somehow?

13. Sian

Sian Emperor

It was with Republic Rome if it helps ... and as the cities in egypt have the building "TXT_KEY_BUILDING_COLOSSUS_FUNCTION" i'm still guessing that its that :)

Interestingly enough, i just notice that my City on Cyprus (captured from Independents if that could matter) doesn't have the bonus from the colossus

EDIT ... question about Roman Republic UHV 2 ... 5 Great People ... does it have to be different kind of Great People in the capital? ... got 2 Great Generals and 2 Great Scholars there but the counter only says i have 2 settled

14. PinkPallin

PinkPallin Warlord Supporter

I was just now looking into victory.py, line 543 says
    " Roman Republic UHV3: settle five great people of different types in Rome by 50AD ".

15. Crossphazer

Crossphazer King

220 AD, Vandal start: AI Rome stomped Sassanids hard, collapsed them (before Byzantine spawn). Later (Visigoth spawn), West Rome completely collapses, rather than do something like collapse to core or lose a few cities etc

16. Sitalkas

Sitalkas Prince

I was cleaning my bookcase today (its huge) and I suddenly came upon a book I had forgotten completely I have it!

The history of ancient Greece, by Cambridge university! The historical information and the maps there are countless, so if there is still an issue with Greek city names in India , these maps may come in handy!

Let me know if something is missing

17. DrZomboss

Is it me, or you can take permanent control of only a few civs ?

18. DrZomboss

Yeah, I don't know why, but it happens in my games too...

19. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Persia, and Central Asia are the regions that still need the most work. And West Africa, but that's irrelevant for most of the game.

20. srpt

srpt Deist

found the problem

if anyone wants to contribute settler maps you can so with WB saves with "signs" on them. you don't need to set a value for every tile, just the ones where you want the civ to settle.

added

I'd like to have a port in that are but don't want to crowd Susa and Babylon. whats the best name/tile combination?

thanks for the info. we could give them free walls.

as an opponent for the human player or vs AI as well? they seem to survive fine when I run 100ad test starts.

fixed the Parthian goal, looking into the Christian holy city

do you have python exceptions enabled? (or maybe your ini file reverted, that happens). if you added DC123456789's new city map that might have been the problem. it was missing a couple of commas. I guess we could add city name lists as long as they don't override the maps.

DLL files need to be compiled after being changed to take effect.

fixed

I think the 1st part, Rome conquering Persia, is rare. the way the system is set up now its impossible to collapse completely before your scripted "fall" date unless you lose your core completely. that could easily happen to Rome by 420ad (their fall date is 410). when I ran a bunch of Visigoth starts (420ad) Rome was hanging in there in almost every one.

that sounds like a great book.

I thought I turned it off completely. you can always switch civs in cheat mode anyway right?

at rev 86

edit: now dealing with the city art style issue. right now the Sabeans and Nubians cities are invisible.