RFC Classical World

could you post a save of the game with the super power Ghana? they shouldn't even spawn til 700AD.

could you post a save of the game with the super power Ghana? they shouldn't even spawn til 700AD.

Happened in my game too, here's a savegame from the turn. They are spawning at a completely wrong date and got a bunch of techs, so they auto-found christianity. They are spawning in India and also get Byzantinum.

Some other thing, why does the Tocharian Kingdom don't have a core area in their homeland, instead their core area is Tamil Nadu in India? I just googled some information about the Tocharians and didn't find an information about a connection to India.

Attachments

• Sapadbizes BC-0258.CivBeyondSwordSave
    208.3 KB · Views: 61
Just brainstorming for the Judah UP:

+ 1 or 2 :commerce: for each state religion building.

Or

Double income cap for Shrines. (So shrines can provide +30 :gold: max instead of +20)

some constants in the wrong order. Ghana got mixed up with one of the indys so they had 3 cities from the start. same problem caused the Tocharians to have the wrong regions.

so the non-svn is a bit useless at the moment. I'll post a new one later today.

The Ghana problem is still there in the latest SVN. I found them in Gujarat in my current Bactrian game, and they also controlled Byzantion and scored 5000+.

Bactria is fun, by the way. I've noticed an error in their UHV text, though: the third goal says 5000 gold IN 40 AD, but it checks once I've acquired it, so it should say BY. I did it easily (with a great merchant pushing me to 5600 gold) by roughly 30 BC, so maybe you can shift the deadline a little.

Also, there seems to be an oversight in Dacia's adjective, as I was asked to take control of the "Dacia civilization".

hey I'm really glad you enjoyed Bactria. I might raise the gold needed rather than limit the time. they have a related UB and UP and that would give more time for them to be effective. could even make it that they have to resist the Kushans for a while (they spawn in 50AD).

the Ghana bug is in the WB file. when I added the last 2 civs the bumping of the constants gave them the cities and units of one of the indy factions. I'm at work right now but I'll fix it as soon as I get home.

I'm thinking of moving the Axum spawn back a bit. I found a reputable, if a bit old, historical atlas that puts them on the map in 14AD. this will make Nubia's gold goal (six sources of gold) much more interesting.

and many thanks to everyone for all the testing.

Sounds good, too. I didn't even need to make use of the UB, didn't dare to go to war with Seleucids or Parthians to get the Herat gold.

had a very fun and tense game as Egypt. got the wonders, fought constant barbs, fought Judah, got the Alexandria population goal but missed culture goal by 250 culture to Sunga Pataliputra (which had a shrine), with the Maccabeans at the gate. they did really well. fun game.

Attachments

• Maccabeans attack Alexandria.JPG
    Maccabeans attack Alexandria.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Maccabean Empire.JPG
    Maccabean Empire.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 106
Hello, the non-svn version seems to be corrupted, I can't open it when it's downloaded.

And btw, how to install a svn version ?

Now that I see your screenshot, I think you have to do something about Hebrew expansion. They almost always grab the western part of the Seleucid Empire after it's collapsed, and the result strains credibility, imo. Judah should be a minor power, imo, controlling Jerusalem and maybe Tyre at most, not the new superpower in the Levant that threatens the Nile delta.

The best way against this might be to keep the Seleucids alive for longer. They were quite good at holding out despite shrinking territory, and it would be nice if they're still around to be fought by Rome when the time comes.

I've just started playing this modmod and it really looks like it has potential. I like the fact that you've been updating it constantly.

But how am I supposed to combat the sluggish tech speed at the beginning of the game? I can't ever seem to get the tech reqs before the time limit set on the wonder goals.

Also, there are XML errors here and there that I wish I could fix for you guys so you can concentrate on the more complicated stuff. I haven't touched anything yet, but I see for example that there are two Terracotta Armies, and Funan was named Magdeburg. If I fix some of these may I commit?

And btw, I love the twist on Ghana! Never thought I'd see Africans hold Constantinople and India and vassalize Jerusalem.

And btw, I love the twist on Ghana! Never thought I'd see Africans hold Constantinople and India and vassalize Jerusalem.
Yeah, that's often swept under the rug by Eurocentric history books :D

yes I'd like to keep the Seleucids alive longer. they usually collapse quite quickly after they start losing cities to the Parthians. any ideas on how to keep them alive?

sorry about the corrupted download. not sure how that happened but I'll put a new one up today.

Ghana is a bug. they're not supposed to spawn til 700AD. this is fixed in the svn (I think). no idea where Madgeburg came from or the 2 Terracotta Armies.

about the tech rate, which civ were you playing?

@Cetrix: get svn here.

no idea where Madgeburg came from or the 2 Terracotta Armies.

Maybe the XML got fudged when I updated, this is my first time using TortoiseSVN.

about the tech rate, which civ were you playing?

@Cetrix: get svn here.

They all seem to be slow at first. Once I get my cities up and running it gets better, but I can't ever seem to do this in time for UHVs.

For example, I wasn't able to get the tech for the Great Lighthouse as Egypt until around the turn the wonder was due. 'Course that didn't leave much time to build a wonder, but I can see how it would be possible using a Great Engineer.

Let's see, I can't access the program right now but I can remember that getting State Religion for the Axumites doesn't seem feasible (to me).

In general I just feel it takes a while to get going. I didn't know if this was a design choice or if I was doing something wrong here.

something is wrong with your copy then because the Egyptians are supposed to start with the tech for the Lighthouse.

as for Axum, I haven't really tried them yet so its possible they need help with that goal.

in general tech is not supposed to be fast, but I'm really only just starting to balance it all. there will be many civs that only research a few techs if going for the UHV, much like Sword of Islam.

tonight I will put up a new regular download and try to get together a specific set of instructions for svn and this mod.

and about the Maccabees, I'm just realising they showed up with catapults so someone traded the Siege Engines tech to them. I need to go over the leaderheads and make them less likely to trade critical military techs like that. I'm also going to add them to the list of targets civs for the Roman conquerors.

Ok I'll wait for the new download link. I tried tortoises svn but a bit confusing for me.
I've written a short guide on how to download an SVN repository on the previous page.

Nan Yue is a non-playabel respawn of the Qin. they are there to make it more challenging for both the Han and Au Lac to conquer the area.

Top Bottom