RFC Classical World

On the contrary, I would suggest only on foreign core (red) or orange areas.

The point is to help human when playing a small civ to expand a little bit

it doesn't in the svn version.

I only play svn though :dunno:

Anyways, I had another question. Mana Pass was an ancient trade route between Uttarakhand and Tibet. Mana Pass led from Badrinath to the kingdom, now province, of Guge in Tibet. The Portuguese Jesuits António de Andrade and Manuel Marques became the first known Europeans to enter Tibet across Mana Pass in 1624.

All the Earth maps prohibit direct pass from India to Tibet. How accurate is that? Do the Pilgrims need to go all around the Asia just to cross from India to Tibet?

it could be like Karakorum pass: impassable to all but religious, commercial and espionage units.

Where is it on the map? :blush: I must be missing something.

Yes, that would be nice.

it runs from Khotan area to Taxila. it may be only passable by missionaries and pilgrims, or maybe also merchants, can't remember.

How can a player recognize it?

I mean, it looks like real mountain but one can pass if Pilgrim?

I am sorry to mention this, but I just noticed that certain civs still have Power of Nothing as UP :sad: . Like Kalinka (it needs to be spelled as Kalinga, really). Which is strange considering you are also working on RFC India. :donno:

The Maritime history of Odisha (Oriya: ଓଡ଼ିଶା, IPA: [oˑɽisaˑ]), known as Kalinga in ancient times, started before 350 BC according to early sources. The people of this region of eastern India along the coast of the Bay of Bengal sailed up and down the Indian coast, and travelled to Indo China and throughout Maritime Southeast Asia, introducing elements of their culture to the people with whom they traded. By 400 AD, Orissa was the hub of a trade network that stretched from the Roman Empire to China.[citation needed] At one time the Bay of Bengal was known as Kalingodra, or the sea of Kalinga, due to the dominance of Oriya ships.

I suggest Power of Boitas -- for every Ocean tile revealed by Kalinga ships their treasury gets 2 golds (which signifies goods brought back by Kalinga sailors). Would be also nice to have naval unit as UU, but I feel that you wanted to emphasize Kalinga war more than 1000 years of maritime history of Kalinga/Odisha,

The pass begins between the stone and copper resources on western Tarim, it will lead you just outside Taxila!

I usually build a road when playing as the Tocharians, to move my pilgrims faster

Sorry for the double post.

The empire column on stability screen really confuses me..
Why while playing as the Bactrians and controlling only 4 cities - 3 in my core and Samarqand - , the empire column is -1 ? My core population is vastly greater than the peripheral ..

The empire column on stability screen really confuses me..
Why while playing as the Bactrians and controlling only 4 cities - 3 in my core and Samarqand - , the empire column is -1 ? My core population is vastly greater than the peripheral ..

that may be a bug. I'll look into it.

I can't find anything wrong. do you control all of your core (Bactria and Margiana)? if someone else has a city there that would lower your stability. otherwise post a save.

rev 218

added Mana pass from the sources of the Ganges area into Tibet, passable only by pilgrims, missionaries, merchants and spies.

I can't post it now, I have proceeded the game to the Byzantine spawn era..

Yeah I was the only one who had cities in my core , and I had conquered Samarqand..

i just downloaded the latest version (august 2014) and for some reason it doesn't work at all.
i can load the mod but when i try to start a game, this happens right after choosing one of the scenarios (320 bc, 80bc etc) ( see attachements, 1st image). it always gets you back to the single plyer menu, so there ist no way to start a game like this.
if i use the direct way to choose a scenario from the private_maps-folder it goes the single player menu where i can only choose "lets play". this way i actually get straight to the map without choosing a civ and it looks like this (2nd image, this is 320bc but its the same with the others)

i downloaded and unzipped it several times but the problems stays the same. i checked former posts (since august) but i cant find anything explaining that.
any ideas?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Unbenannt2.jpg
    Unbenannt2.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 68
I have just seen a very little bug, a tile in Vietman/South China is not in the correct area. It might be in Nam Yue, but it is in a water area (south china sea or something like that). Also, there is some civs which have a very bad prod, like Dacian kingdom, kingdoms of Pontus or Meroe.
*Waynex, I had the same problem, my game was in French and it did'nt work, and in English, it works. Try to put your game in English.

i just downloaded the latest version (august 2014) and for some reason it doesn't work at all.
i can load the mod but when i try to start a game, this happens right after choosing one of the scenarios (320 bc, 80bc etc) ( see attachements, 1st image). it always gets you back to the single plyer menu, so there ist no way to start a game like this.
if i use the direct way to choose a scenario from the private_maps-folder it goes the single player menu where i can only choose "lets play". this way i actually get straight to the map without choosing a civ and it looks like this (2nd image, this is 320bc but its the same with the others)

i downloaded and unzipped it several times but the problems stays the same. i checked former posts (since august) but i cant find anything explaining that.
any ideas?

Change your language to English. Many mods don't work in other languages. (due to lack of translations)

I'm curious to know what people think about the recent change giving extra trade routes and GPP points from nearby cities.

I'm also thinking of increasing tile yields, maybe just food, maybe everything, maybe tech dependent, within 1 tile of the city itself.

this would be accompanied by a slight overall tile yield nerf to balance things out.

also I'm going to add the Xiongnu and Xianbei as non-playabe civs. they will spawn in or around 207bc and 93ad.

When did you add that (nearby cities thing)? It seems kind of irrelevant at the moment though, given that the AI is generally programmed to settle with little overlap.

That tile yield suggestion seems interesting. What exactly do you have in mind though?

Xiongnu and Xianbei sound fine, but whose slot will they be taking?

When did you add that (nearby cities thing)? It seems kind of irrelevant at the moment though, given that the AI is generally programmed to settle with little overlap.

That tile yield suggestion seems interesting. What exactly do you have in mind though?

Xiongnu and Xianbei sound fine, but whose slot will they be taking?

the idea was to make areas like the ganges valley, yangtze valley etc more powerful. if no one has noticed maybe the bonuses should be increased.

took the Ghana slot, finally lol. it doesn't matter though, more can be added if fresh archaeology shows us cities on the Niger in 100ad.

I had in mind +1 food in the inner ring to start, with an overall food nerf of 1, currently there's too much food on the map imo.

I haven't actually played in a while, so I haven't noticed. What is it exactly?

And I do kind of agree with the food suggestion, though in my opinion that's kind of tied to the +2 food from farms- it seems a bit much.

Top Bottom