RFC Classical World

The Armenian 2nd and 3rd UHV are about the same. The almost automatically loose if someone else founds christianity. The AI automatically adopt it as its new state religion. You can only win it if: The founders is independent or you found it yourself or the civ that discovers it already has a religion discovered.

Practically, the second option will be the only way to win it. And then it isn't hard to control the Shrine. Just pop a Great Prophet and you're done.

I forgot to mention that christianity will be founded in jerusalem in 0ADish if no one else gets it 1st. so the idea is they either win the race and then have to defend a randomly selected city anywhere from syria to media against whoever (for example if its in media it will flip to the Parthians and you will have to get it back). or they can take a chance on no one else founding it (make it so Rome, Egypt or Seleucids might get it 1st) and go for controling jerusalem, which might be easier to keep.

AI Romans in the Levant, something I've always wanted to see since starting to play RFC. no UP, just war maps and an OP UU. and its only 82BC and they're at war with Egypt. too bad Egypt has marksmen cause that will probably stop the Romans. I think I need to add a prereq for marksmanship.

Attachments

• AI Romans in the Levant.JPG
    AI Romans in the Levant.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 391
"GFC Error: Failed to initialize the primary control theme"

I just downloaded and ran it myself with no errors. maybe it has to do with blue marble? "primary control theme" sounds like a blue marble thing. I have blue marble but I didn't think it was necessary. all the terrain graphics are from SoI.

I just downloaded and ran it myself with no errors. maybe it has to do with blue marble? "primary control theme" sounds like a blue marble thing. I have blue marble but I didn't think it was necessary. all the terrain graphics are from SoI.

It's the interface. The error shows up because Michael Vick doesn't have SoI installed and your Resource/Civ4.thm file still points to SoI theme.

The Civ4.thm looks the same as the one from vanilla BTS. How do I change it to eliminate the SoI dependency?

Hello there,

Greetings for this modmod, I like the idea to play a RFC Classical Antiquity. I did some games as test (seleucids, bactrians), and it's honorable for an alpha ! If it can helps, here is my feeback :
- IA Ptomelaics are too much powerfull if there are IA border civilisations (selecids, carthage, ...). I've already seen a HUGE egyptian empire, from Morocco to India.
- Rome needs to learn to go in Africa... The IA doesn't seems to know how to do an amphibious mass invasion.

Good job and keep going !

thanks for the support and feedback.

yes its still totally unbalanced. all the hidden modifiers in the DLL are flat. I've just now gotten to the point where I think all the features are working and the art is at least half-decent, so balancing will come soon.

as for the Romans, yes as always it will be challenging to get the AI to do anything close to history. I've been encouraged to see them take Greece and Anatolia fairly soon after spawning in some games.

The mod looks promising, just a few things I've noticed:

The religion doesn't display for the list of civs on the right, and playing as Rome it appeared as though Hellenism was the default state religion, but I had no contact with it and no way to spread it. Even after conquering the cities in greece which had Hellenism, the religion would not spread to my other cities. Also, as Rome all of my cities were able to build a "Sufi something", I guess that's a bug? I would also maybe give Rome one more settler at the start. Also, are you planning on leaving all of the starting city names in Latin for every civ, or will you eventually make city name maps? Would like help with the city name maps? I wouldn't mind contributing a Latin one.

thanks for the interest. yes help with city name maps would be great.

I haven't touched the religion.py file so religion spread at this point is kind of arbitrarily random. as far as state religion goes, most of the empire type civs start with the civic dynastic cult, which doesn't have a state religion. state religion is both a civic and a tech which grants it. probably only the mauryans of the starting civs will start with it, since they will have buddhist sainthood as one of their UHVs.

yes the sufi building is an error.

I am willing to try absolutely anything to get rome to conquer the mediterranean, all suggestions are welcome.

I think I'm close to having svn working.

Attachments

• city name map.7z
    11.6 KB · Views: 166
What about set strait of Gibraltar as possible to cross for units ? Then Romans can beat carthage and egypt. Or if you can set a brillant IA for it, that's nice :) I don't know why, in much games, IA doesnt knows how to do a decent amphibious attack...

The Civ4.thm looks the same as the one from vanilla BTS. How do I change it to eliminate the SoI dependency?

Ummm.... not the same at all. Again, I open RFC Classical World/Resource/Civ4.thm in Notepad and see:

Code:
// *** Control Bitmap Theme file

// Set the resource 
resource_path	"Mods/[B]The Sword of Islam[/B]/Resource";

// Setup common properties
include			"Mods/[B]The Sword of Islam[/B]/Resource/Themes/Civ4/Civ4Theme.thm";

svn changes:

Egypt has a new UU and coded UHVs as follows:

1. build the Great Library and Great Lighthouse (which require 4 harbors and 4 libraries respectively)
2. make Alexandria the largest city in the world in 10AD
3. control Egypt, Libya, Nubia, Judea, Syria, Anatolia and Greece in 100AD

the UU is the Galatian Infantry, a swordsman with withdrawal available with copper.

Seleucids have coded UHVs as follows:

1. control Alexander's empire by 230BC
2. produce 3 great generals
3. do not lose a city before 200AD

Here is the Latin map, let me know if it needs expansion anywhere.

Attachments

• Latin City Name Map.zip
    41 KB · Views: 155
Top Bottom