1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Classical World

Discussion in 'RFC mod-mod: Classical World' started by srpt, Dec 8, 2011.

1. srpt

srpt Deist

new resources added:
    charcoal. occurs in forest, revealed by blast furnace, worked by a camp, needed to build a foundry, which is needed for heavy infantry and heavy lancers.
    pepper replaces spices
    cinnamon replaces coffee

Ptolemy now has Willem van Oranje's personality with some tweaks and the Sabean leader is Gandhi with tweaks.

renamed ctesiphon to seleucia and moved the seleucid capital there, removed some religions from middle eastern cities.

2. srpt

srpt Deist

changed resources in the western mediterranean, fixed the fact that rome couldn't build legions, carthage now starts with syracuse but it flips to rome

3. Cetrix

Cetrix Merovingian

Wonderfull.
    Will you work on AI, to make civilizations more likely to expand historically ? (rome attacks carthage, expand south and east, and so on)

4. srpt

srpt Deist

right now Im working on a map change. I moved the british ilses 1 tile north and the north african coast west of carthage 1 tile south, allowing for a larger gaul and spain. the map is done but I need to update the settler maps and city name map before I post this change.

I'm also rebalancing units a bit and I have done some work on leaderhead AIs.

speaking of leaderheads and flags, many are still place-holders so if anyone has any ideas to improve any of them feel free to suggest them.

5. foucek

foucek Chieftain

First of all, great mod. I think it's already safe to say it's my favorite RFC modmod, since it covers my favorite era. I especially love how you've done India, and how the dominant civilization of the area changes constantly.

A couple of things I've noticed are that the Mauryan's UP doesn't work, after a turn it switches their civic to paganism. I assume this is because they don't start with the tech for state religion. The other is that Funan doesn't spawn correctly. As the ai, they don't spawn at all and as the player they spawn up in the mountains at the top of the map.

The only other thing that bugs me are the religions. Hellenism is usually the dominant religions throughout the whole game, would it be possible to have Christianity replace Hellenism throughout Rome by an event or something? And I think Jainism's spread rate is too high, it often ends up spreading to the celts or ethiopians. Of course, religions are just about my favorite part of Civ, so I may be a bit biased on the importance of them.

6. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

You can use my Chandragupta II and Pulakesi II as themselves.
    Except if you think that those other leaderheads are better.

7. srpt

srpt Deist

still working on the map changes. here are some comparison pictures:

@civciv5 yes thanks I will use both of those, they're great.

Attached Files:

8. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Is the Tibetan Empire in as a minor civ or are they represented by barbarians?
    They really formed a threat for the Tang Dynasty,they even captured Chang'an and demanded tribute from them.
    If tiny civs like Ghana Empire get in,then Tibet is very likely to get in.

9. srpt

srpt Deist

yes Im planning to include tibet. ghana btw is not meant to be playable, they are just there for other civs to trade with.

10. srpt

srpt Deist

map changes are in and mauryan UP fixed.

added some unit art: celtic spearmen and archers.

and more celtic unit art: axeman, horseman, lancer, marksman, heavy spearman, heavy infantry

11. srpt

srpt Deist

added carthaginian and east asian unit art.

terrain change: jungle is now called rainforest, there is a new "light jungle" called "jungle", which is passable and choppable with iron working, gives -1 food and no hammers.

12. foucek

foucek Chieftain

Celtic marksmen and lancers, and chinese marksmen, are coming up as red dots, and Goguryeo has Khwarezmids as their short description.

13. srpt

srpt Deist

sorry still learning about svn. should be fixed now.

changed gamespeed info (normal speed only for now) to give the early civs more time to achieve some of their UHVs (seleucids & mauryans) and prepare for the romans (carthage & celts). the calendar now goes 18 months /turn until 0ad and then speeds up to 2 years/turn. it goes down to 1 year in 700 and the mod now ends in 850 so the cordobans, the last-spawning civ, will have 140 turns to live.

added Bactrian UHVs: build a palace in Taxila by 100bc, do not lose a city before 200ad, have 5000 gold in 100ad

edit: changing plague dates made python exceptions so I skipped it for now.

14. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

@ srpt

I included a changelog in the SVN. It may be useful if you also include your changes in it. Then, you don't have to write a post everytime you make some changes.

15. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I'm creating a background/loading screen now. For the loading screen, I think a map of the classic world would be apropriate. Here are some I found. Please pick your favorite.
    Option 1
    Option 2
    Option 3
    Option 4
    Option 5
    Option 6

For the Background, I was thinking of something simple. (the plain desert of SoI is amazing. Less is in this case more) Do you have any suggestions?

16. srpt

srpt Deist

I like # 3.

17. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

It might be a bit blurry, because I have to enlarge it. I will give it a try.

18. srpt

srpt Deist

I like #1 as well and its better resolution. lets go with that.

19. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

This is what I made of the loading screen. It uses the 3rd map. (The things in the bottom are old persian characters)

20. srpt

srpt Deist

It think I like map #1 better after looking at both of them for a couple of days. those angels on map #3 are a bit out of place. also that font is a bit 17th century pirate-ish. I found a bunch of cool fonts here: http://www.fontriver.com/foreign_look/ and here: http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=204. If we're going to have old persian script it would be cool to have greek, chinese and sanskrit too.