1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Epic/Marathon

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by embryodead, Feb 19, 2010.

1. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Well I know why, Rhye displays text differently, not using text keys, and he disabled changing of short names and adjectives for some reason. If you check for getCivilizationDescriptionKeys you'll see those are updated, but not the cached text. setCivilizationDescription() does work, but it only changes long name.

Well, sorry, obviously this new functionality isn't working properly here, I copied it from SoI but didn't notice differences in the get functions.

2. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

Is it just me, or some civs (early ones) get double culture bonus from wonders, libraries?

3. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

I don't think it's you... You know that in CIV4, building culture output gets doubled after 1000 years, right? :p

4. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

If the wonder or building is more than X years/turns old, the culture doubles. (IIRC 1000 years) It's coded in the buildings XML. If it's in the section above (not bolded), the culture, gold, science or espionage doesn't change after some time. But if it is in the bolded section, it does. (This is from the Palace)

Spoiler :
    [TAB]<CommerceChanges>
    [TAB][TAB]<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
    [TAB][TAB]<iCommerce>4</iCommerce>
    [TAB]</CommerceChanges>
    [TAB]<ObsoleteSafeCommerceChanges>
    [TAB][TAB]<iCommerce>2</iCommerce>
    [TAB]</ObsoleteSafeCommerceChanges>

5. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

6. kravixon

kravixon Warlord

I played a game as Greece on Mathathon, and the turn on which my UHV victory should have come up the game CtDed instead. I don't know if this is a RFCepic problem or if it could be somehow due to Baldyr's great general modmod, however.

Great job otherwise :king: The game feels better when it doesn't take 40 years for a unit to march a few miles between cities, and everything runs much faster.

7. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

Do you have the autosave from the turn before?

8. sercer88

sercer88 Emperor

Ok, I'm not sure if this is just an RFC Epic thing, but it happened while playing RFCEM so here you go:

Spoiler :

How can I get that if I don't even have a city yet?

Attached Files:

9. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

This isn't even RFC thing, it's a BTS thing. Not much of a bug though.

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Maybe the event checks if all the cities you own are protected by walls, and they are. :)

11. sercer88

sercer88 Emperor

:lol:

I guess that would make sense
    But there should be an exception - if you don't have ANY cities!:rolleyes:

Ok, I figured it was probably just BTS. It IS a bug, just not a catastrophic one ;)

12. evran

evran Chieftain

How would I merge RFC VD with RFC Epic/Marathon. I searched this thread and tried several times... and no luck, would anyone be able to give me a step by step guide to merge them please? thank you.

13. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

1. Make sure you have the latest version of RFCMarathon (1.21) and RFC VD installed
    2. Go to RFC VD/Assets folder; you'll see, among other things, a Modules folder and three FPK files; copy both to RFCMarathon/Assets

That's it. No merging is necessary, you just need to copy the above files.

Both RFC VD and RFCMarathon folders can be found in the Mods folder, where your BTS is installed, i.e. Beyond the Sword/Mods

14. evran

evran Chieftain

So I have to have rfc vd in its on folder in the mod directory like it's a separate mod?
    Edit: Also I forgot to mention the WASP modmod? It adds corporations and Protestantism to rhyse.

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

First step would be to find out what aspects of the game code have been changed in WASP. If there's been no change to the DLL and Python files (and that's what it looks like to me at a quick glance), copying the XML, PublicMaps and Art folders from WASP to RFC E/M will suffice.

16. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Latest version of RFC VD is a separate mod, so yes. After you copy the said files to RFCMarathon you can delete RFC VD folder, however.

You'd need some knowledge of Python and WinMerge to merge/fix Panopticon's Protestantism mod. Also WBSave has to be merged.

17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Oh, right, it includes the Protestantism mod (how could I miss that, with that name?). That would even make a DLL merge necessary (Panopticon had to change the spread probabilities to allow a realistic behavior of Protestantism).

18. Meglith

Meglith Chieftain

Hey, cool idea for a modmod, but i can't get it to work on my computer. I've downloaded it three times now, and installed it three times, but it simply will not run... Is there some special requirement to getting this to work on Windows 7 i don't understand? I've never run a Mod for Civ4 on Windows 7, so my guess is that that is where my problem lies... Any tips?

19. Meglith

Meglith Chieftain

20. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

RFCM has its own installer and deinstalation is typical. But I have no idea how it could interfere with RFC. How did you install it?