RFC Epic/Marathon

@Meglith
What do you mean it will not run?
You install it, that goes OK, right?
Then it should be enough to launch the "RFCMarathon" icon on the desktop. What happens when you do it?
Alternatively launch CIV4 BTS, then choose LOAD MOD option and load RFCMarathon.

Hello Embryodead, yet another bug for you :)
When Playing as the incan I am controlling all south america on marathon at monarch with the VD modmod.

My game always crash between turn 1583-1585. Is there any particular event which is triggered at 1585?
When saying "always" I have ofcause replayed this turn 20 times now, restarted pc, this is the only turn which has something wrong with it. (so far)

Hello Embryodead, yet another bug for you :)
When Playing as the incan I am controlling all south america on marathon at monarch with the VD modmod.

My game always crash between turn 1583-1585. Is there any particular event which is triggered at 1585?
When saying "always" I have ofcause replayed this turn 20 times now, restarted pc, this is the only turn which has something wrong with it. (so far)

I'm unable to say whether is it something with RFCM, RFC or something else. Can you provide a save game?

If its reoccurring then I would suspect that its caused by the collapse code... But thats just a hunch.

Sure I got a quick save the turn before (1583) searched through all the py. and can't seem to find any events happening at that turn. :(
And thanks for the quick response ;)

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    812.7 KB · Views: 83
Sure I got a quick save the turn before (1583) searched through all the py. and can't seem to find any events happening at that turn. :(
And thanks for the quick response ;)
Yeah, but the collapse code is run every 10 game turns. So depending on your game speed this could very well be run on 1585 (or there abouts). But there is of course a lot of code that is run on intervals like this.

Yeah, but the collapse code is run every 10 game turns. So depending on your game speed this could very well be run on 1585 (or there abouts). But there is of course a lot of code that is run on intervals like this.

So you mean you found the specific collapse code? I thought every turn was relative to the ingame time since you can always call getTurnForYear(1585) for the specific turn?

Dalgaard, your save does not crash at all on my computer. Memory problems? No idea really, but nothing is wrong here.

I'm not sure what you mean, but there are a lot of stuff happening at intervals. But those intervals are modified with getTurns() to match game speed, so I guess the collapse code isn't run every 10 turns on every game speed...

Oh come on, you're not bothering me, I just can't help if it works here. If you know how to enable logging (Civilization4.INI -> LoggingEnabled and MessageLog should be 1), you might be able to track the crash in the logs (or send them to me).

@Meglith
What do you mean it will not run?
You install it, that goes OK, right?
Then it should be enough to launch the "RFCMarathon" icon on the desktop. What happens when you do it?
Alternatively launch CIV4 BTS, then choose LOAD MOD option and load RFCMarathon.

Well, simply put, it doesn't start. I click on the RFCMarathon icon, the game shows me a quick loading icon, then returns right to my Desktop. I look to Task Manager, to see if anything is happening, but it tells me the computer is simply inactive.

I have also gone through the CIV4 BTS menus, but when the game begins loading the Mod, it simply shuts down entirely and leaves me at my desktop.

I like RFC:E/M, but tech costs have to be rebalanced.
Playing as Inca on Marathon, I've seen a Spanish caravel arround 1200AD. Seems a little bit early...
Another game as English on Marathon with same 'issues' eg gunpowder in ~1150AD or paper in ~1050AD by Russia :rolleyes:...
Not sure about the actual dates but you get the idea...
How can I change the tech costs myself to run some test games and maybe helping to further improve this mod?

I like RFC:E/M, but tech costs have to be rebalanced.
Playing as Inca on Marathon, I've seen a Spanish caravel arround 1200AD. Seems a little bit early...
Another game as English on Marathon with same 'issues' eg gunpowder in ~1150AD or paper in ~1050AD by Russia :rolleyes:...
Not sure about the actual dates but you get the idea...
How can I change the tech costs myself to run some test games and maybe helping to further improve this mod?

I've never seen them getting tech that early! I know Marathon is a bit imbalanced (It is imbalanced in regular civ4 as well so...) Maybe they got it from a goody hut. That's the only thing I can think of for that happening.

Marathon being slightly imbalanced has possibly something to do with the fact that research rates are altered by 165% and 330% respectively for Epic and Marathon game speeds. It would be more logical to change it to 165 * 2 * (165 / 150) = 363%, given the fact that the 1.1 multiplier had to be included to compensate for the extra turns, wouldn't it?

Marathon being slightly imbalanced has possibly something to do with the fact that research rates are altered by 165% and 330% respectively for Epic and Marathon game speeds. It would be more logical to change it to 165 * 2 * (165 / 150) = 363%, given the fact that the 1.1 multiplier had to be included to compensate for the extra turns, wouldn't it?

Why, I don't get it? After all the research bugs were fixed, the research was too slow, so I went back to the baseline and then added a bit (5%) on my own to match the techs on 10 or so Turkey starts. Of course, it can never be perfectly balanced, like BTS Marathon, and things like, Roman Empire surviving, often changed European techs completely.

Standard RFC research is 105%
Epic x 1.5 turns = should be 157,5%, I manually raised it to 165%
Marathon x 3 turns = should be 315%, I manually raised to to 330%

Where does that 1.1 come from?

Top Bottom