1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Epic/Marathon

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by embryodead, Feb 19, 2010.

1. ilduce349

ilduce349 (Financial, Philo)

Ok, now, completly unrelated to what I was just doing, I now edited the civic values (what each civic does). It worked, but I had one issue. I accidentally typed 100% instead of 10% for one of the values. however, the next time I tried to edit the files, windows security blocked me (this didn't happen the first time, so I don't know why it changed my access). I just went into the properties and changed the security type to allow me to make edits. When attempting to edit the xml document I came across 2 problems:
    1. The statistics had reset (rather then State_property being High Upkeep it was back to low upkeep, etc)
    2. It couldn't access the save.
    What I did, was saved the xml document as what the original name was (copy + paste). And decided to see, none of the changes went into affect this time. Now whenever I edit the xml document, it doesn't do anything. Emancipation is stuck being over rigged. How do I fix this?

2. ilduce349

Wait, the game is 9 times slowly then a normal game. Do you mean x9 or x10?

3. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

Version 1.0 like in "wide release"? :king:

4. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Chieftain

That is always the case in RFC. However, there is nothing to worry about since they either will catch up before the classical era is over, or collapse.

5. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

I have absolutely no idea what happened here. Sounds like some file permission problems in Windows 7/Vista, which I'm unfamiliar with.

As for the culture values, theoretically 9x should be balanced, it's up to you to test I guess. I'm not playing 4500-turns games :crazyeye:

6. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Well, anyone can keep changing research rates to their liking, but unless a critical bug is found, the GameSpeed mechanics are finished.

7. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

So the question, then, is whether or not to abandon the official (final) RFC version for this mod? For modding/development purposes that is.

Because this mod allows you to play "regular" RFC, with the default game speed and all the regular rules. Right? So the only thing it adds is two additional game speeds?

In that case I'd consider this the very latest RFC patch, as far as I'm concerned. Unless anyone can name any known issues that makes this version a "lesser" RFC. Anyone?

8. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Previous version had wrong Milan spawn date, after that was fixed I believe Normal speed has no more differences from regular RFC, so it only adds the CAR mod and 2 extra speeds.

9. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

Amazing. I couldn't be happier. :goodjob:

Now I have to decide how I wanna go forward with my own project (PyScenario). I might have to check some things with you before I decide - and once I do take the plunge.

10. JediClemente

JediClemente Chieftain

- Permanent stability penalty from Anarchy now scales down with game speed

What does this mean exactly?

I played a game as the romans (a bit easier than regular RFC, BTW, and it was nice founding Torino instead of having Milano) and it scared me to death to have 4 turns of instability when trying to switch civics. :eek:

Can't it be a 1 turn per civic changed for all speeds?

Anyway, if this is considered the final version, is it safe to assume all dates and events are correctly matched for the new speeds? In other words, is it safe to play? :lol:

11. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

No, it's longer just like it is longer in normal CIV4. However, with the final version you don't permenently lose 3 Stability per turn of Anarchy, but 2 or 1, depending on game speed.

Torino is no longer possible - lack of Milan was a bug :p

At this point I'd say yes ;)

12. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

13. JediClemente

JediClemente Chieftain

Thank you very much embryodead, this is another thing I'd been waiting for a long time. A longer RFC!!

I know Mediolanum is now fixed, it was just funny because I realized the Torino tile is considered in "France" for the UHV (but of course doesn't flip later), so it made it a bit easier.

Edit: A little thing, in the Pedia it would be nice to have the ancient UHVs translated to all speeds. For example, as Rome you need to achieve two things by certain turns, in the standard speed. Can you write in the XML entries which turns are them in the other two speeds? I can do it if you tell them to me; just don't know how to calculate the turns.

14. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

They're done - pedia shows the default/normal speed, but once you start the game, all the UHVs are actually "translated" to different speeds and show up as such in the Victory screen.

15. JediClemente

JediClemente Chieftain

Oh, then that's all. Thanks again!

16. ilduce349

Damn, i spend 8 hours modding your game and then you come up with a massive update

17. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

It's not massive - in fact, it's just 4 minor fixes. With WinMerge you can merge them in 5 minutes.

18. ilduce349

Which files did you edit? So I can merge them properly

19. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

XML/GameInfo/CIV4GameSpeedInfo.XML (research rate)
    Python/Barbs.py (Milan fix)
    Python/Stability.py (Anarchy penalty)
    Python/Religions.py (Christianity & Judaism founding)

20. Power_of_Beer

Power_of_Beer Chieftain

Is it possible to change the time when the tech penalty in ancient/classical era appears? Right now, it kicks in at turn 80-something and ends at turn 181, even on marathon speed. This makes ancient civs really hard to play because there is more or less no research. (Took me 80 turns to animal husbandry as Babylon)