1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Epic

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Vishaing, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

I would give my mighty right ball for an update to this.

2. upstart

upstart Warlord

Same here. Ryes is a great mod and especially great with the last BtS patch, but just moves too fast for my preference for turtle's pace games :D

And is there any plans to combine this with any other mods? Or is RFC++ abandoned? I really just want to see this combined with my other favorite mod, ranged bombardment(now without all the other dale's combat stuff).

3. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

I don't think it's abandoned, since Vishaing requested the updated sources

4. SadoMacho

SadoMacho spanker of civilizations

long time since I have seen Vishaing posting, so he's still alive...

5. redazncommieDXP

redazncommieDXP Warlord

What's the word on an update here?

Also, the BtS version is down. Could anyone reupload it?

6. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

Back?

Hello?

Anyone still remember me?

Well regardless, I have a question for people before I work on updating RFC Epic.
    Frankly, I miss RFC++. It was a fun mod, but I don't have time, okay that's a lie, I'm really lazy and doing the same update 6 times is simply out of the question for me.

So I'm considering merging the two into RFC EPIC++ or something. (I really should get a better name for the mods).

However I don't want to do this if the overall majority of people who play RFC Epic, (which should be no one given how long its been since I updated it) want the mod to be more like Vanilla RFC.

I am also taking suggestions for which mods to include. I want to do this right.

Currently I am looking at the Mad Nukes Mod by TheLopez, as global thermonuclear warfare is simply to much fun to not have more of. I am also looking at the Influence Driven War mod, as the concept is brilliant, however I want to merge it in such a way that the functions it uses can be engineered to help newly born civs, as I think it would be useful, however that will require a lot of testing.

SO what are people's opinions?

(I'm not going to waste an entire thread on this simple tally)
    FOR Merging RFC++ and RFC Epic:

AGAINST Merging RFC++ and RFC Epic:

EDIT: I wish I could repost the old versions, however my cIV folder where I keep all of this stuff is so convaluted it is scary for me to go into. I will essentially be rebuilding the mod in a cleaner environment and then once I am sure I have everything I need deleting the old folder. Especially since I think the folder is like 20 Gigs in size now (I have a backup of every version of RFC since Vanilla .6 or so).

7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

I do want RFC Epic to be more like Vanilla RFC. I wasn't a fan of most RFC++ thingies...

8. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

Welcome back.

9. kairob

kairob Biohazard

I loved RFC++ I thought it was brilliant. However RFC Epic interests me as it would finally make playing as the ancient civs fun!

So I am for them merged, but would still play either seporatly.

10. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

I can't wait to see the result!

11. ecv

ecv Chieftain

I would prefer a vanilla like RFC Epic.

12. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti Deity

Is it possible to make some kind of a menu to choose which RFC ++ mods you shall include? That way you could play the normal RFC Epic or RFC Epic ++.

Name suggestions:
    - RFC Deluxe
    - RFC .feat Vishaing :)D)
    - RVFC aka Rhye's and Vishaings Fall of Civilization(if it's okay for Rhye)

13. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

i think you should do whatever is easiest and most motivating for you, you're the one putting in all the hard work after all, and the more motivated you are the more likely we are to get a finished balanced mod mod

14. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

A Menu to choose mod comps would be ideal, but a lot of work. Though, isn't there something like that for the Game of the Month, or one of TheLopez's Mods?

Its been so long since I looked through the normal cIV Modding forum I have no idea where anything is anymore.... :confused:

EDIT: after looking, it seems TheLopez's Great Options Mod might do exactly what I want. I'm going to start taking a look at a Vanilla Version soon.

15. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti Deity

Great!

Did you like my name proposals? :D

Edit: Whoops, edited wrong post...

16. KaiserBenjamin

KaiserBenjamin Warlord

Personally I would prefer it without the ++. But it's your mod, you should do what you want.

17. SadoMacho

SadoMacho spanker of civilizations

I would like to see a Rhye's and Fall of Civilization: Expansion Pack

A RFC with small changes, and a game play close to the normal RFC
    Just some minor mods added like
    -sphinx replacement of Stonehenge
    -protestantism
    -Zoroasterism
    -the MAD mod would be nice too

And I'd like them in both normal speed and epic., but one of them will do.
    And I'm willing to help with the coding, if I got the time.

PS welcome back, missed you

18. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

I know in theory I should do what I want, but I know the people who are going to get the most out of this aren't me.

On the subject of the Great Options mod, It Appears as though TheLopez only made a Vanilla version of it. I'm going to first try getting it intigrate into the Vanilla RFC Epic version to see if it is even compatible with RFC (there looks like there might be a lot of overlap in the code). If I can get Vanilla Working, I will then look into getting Warlords and Finally BtS up and running.

@Hitti-Litti: I did like the names, but I'm going to wait before renaming my project. Feel free to come up with more though, I could always use the ideas.

19. sailor

sailor Chieftain

I LOVED YOUR EPIC RFC AND HAPPY YOU ARE BACK!!
    I never played RFC++ but you did a great job in balancing EPIC I think I wouldnt mind having both. I just miss my turtle games.

20. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

okay i think i would prefer epic without the expansions. But that's only because I've never played with the expansions and I'm being risk-averse and worrying that I won't like them.