RFC Europe Files

@ zipzapzup

I see you have commited your first comments. :goodjob: But will you please commit all files in 1 commit. It's easier for us to see what you changed. (Especially when they are all German text correction etc.)

@ merijn
I'll try my very best to think about that next time. :)

@ bras0778
As far as i know the difference between the two, probably it should be Persecution.

It should be "prosecution". The Inquisition would prosecute their victims, bringing them in front of a jury and judge and making the confess to real or alleged crimes. "Religious prosecutor" is a religon-neutral name for the Inquisitor, representing an organized attempt to root out different-minded people.

In english...
I would probably go with persecution...
They were technically prosecuting, but while persecuting.

In other words, prosecuting is more formal (like in courts), but the act of going after people for their way of life/beliefs would be persecution.

In english...
I would probably go with persecution...
They were technically prosecuting, but while persecuting.

In other words, prosecuting is more formal (like in courts), but the act of going after people for their way of life/beliefs would be persecution.

"the act of going after people for their way of life/beliefs". We are talking about a unit, not a phenomenon. Therefor prosecutor would be a better way to describe the unit.

Religious perscecution could be a civic or an event.

Doesn't quite work like that... the people who persecuted Mozart, for example, they were persecutors... but it was informal, outside of the courts.

In the end, I think prosecutor is actual best...
Or, just simply, inquisitor.

Doesn't quite work like that... the people who persecuted Mozart, for example, they were persecutors... but it was informal, outside of the courts.

In the end, I think prosecutor is actual best...
Or, just simply, inquisitor.
Who persecuted Mozart?

BTW inquisitors only had power over baptised members of the Church, everyone else was tried in secular court

The royal court persecuted him, and since they were the primary patrons of music... that made things hard. That is why he was basically the first "free agent" musician of his period.

Top Bottom