RFC Europe playtesting feedback thread

IMO for Portugal Madeira should work also for the Navigators UHV.

Could Portuguese cities please have Feitorias when founded since Portugal is expected to found several island cities?

Could we add a boost to farms in the Mid-High Middle Ages to represent major agricultural innovations?

This is kinda done with the civics. (Serfdom and Manorialism) The Guild-period after this can also be boosted by the civics.

About the Reformation, it's been some time since I played until it triggers so I'm not sure, is there a choice to remove all catholicism and replace it with protestantism? Or is it what happens if you choose to accept the Reformation? I remember having a lot of cities with both catholicism and protestantism at some point.

IIRC, it works this way. You have the options "Yes" and "No". If you choose "Yes", (almost) all cities will be converted to Protestantism. The churches etc. will be converted to Protestant churches etc.. Catholicism stays in the cities, but the Catholic buildings are removed.
If you choose "No", some cities will convert to Protestantism and Catholicism stays in every city. Also, the Catholic buildings stay in the city and won't be converted.

IMO for Portugal Madeira should work also for the Navigators UHV.

Could Portuguese cities please have Feitorias when founded since Portugal is expected to found several island cities?

Good points. I'll add Madeira to their UHV.

It could be a bit ofbalanced. But we can try it.

The Portuguese Islands have the worst production except for Rhodes

That's true, but I was thinking of the cities in mainland Portugal. On the other hand, will probably only have 3 cities max on the mainland. So they can't make a advantage of it. I will include change it for testing.

You forgot Malta. :lol:

That's true, but I was thinking of the cities in mainland Portugal. On the other hand, will probably only have 3 cities max on the mainland. So they can't make a advantage of it. I will include change it for testing.

Could you steal Rhye's coding for regular RFC? After Astronomy, harbors & smithies are automatically built - this could keep balance intact, since the mainland cities cities would still need to build these, but the production-weak island cities would get a slight boost at founding. (At least the Azores, which can't be settled until after Astronomy - the Canaries can be settled immediately, but this would give the player incentive to wait to settle here).

I didn't know that Rhye made something like that in RFC. (I didn't play it for a very long time) If we can include this, I would say that that is the best option.

It's actually really easy since adding initial buildings is supported in python.
Adding this code:
Code:
(tab)(tab)if ( argsList[0] == xml.iAstronomy and iPlayer == con.iPortugal ):
(tab)(tab)(tab)gc.setInitialBuilding( con.iPortugal, xml.iPortugalFeitoria, True )
to line 795 or thereabout of CvRFCEventHandler.py (inside onTechAcquired) should do the trick.

It's actually really easy since adding initial buildings is supported in python.
Adding this code:
Code:
(tab)(tab)if ( argsList[0] == xml.iAstronomy and iPlayer == con.iPortugal ):
(tab)(tab)(tab)gc.setInitialBuilding( con.iPortugal, xml.iPortugalFeitoria, True )
to line 795 or thereabout of CvRFCEventHandler.py (inside onTechAcquired) should do the trick.

This is not what you think it is. Buildings are actually added in C++, you can follow the variables in the code from CyGlobvalContext.cpp to CvPlayer.cpp. gc.setInitialBuilding(...) sets variables that tell the .dll to add buildings upon city founding, however, none of those variables is remembered. If you do what you propose, then play the game, found Astronomy, save/load, you will not build the new buildings.

The proper way to do this is to add a line in the "city founding" to check if the player has the prerequisite tech for the building (although it will not really do what you want as Feitoria comes long way before Astronomy).

If you want to do this in Python, you should add it in CvRFCEventHandler, but use the onCityBuild event. Then add the building (if player is Portugal and player has Astronomy).

3miro, I ask again, could the reformation be treated as a normal religion change? The anarchy fits the time period anyways, and it prevenets countries from quickly converting back to Catholicism.

Does anybody know what the SVN checkout is? I seem to have lost it...
Thanks!

You use TortoiseSVN?

Playing as UK.

Why is everyone so stable?

Yeah, I also noticed that late in the game almost all civs are very stable
We still need more wars...

Can we make the 17th century a lot more violent especially the first half? I demand a thirty years war bloodbath!

In my experience late game is filled with a few "power blocs" of one big civ with a bunch of vassals. Vassals get a direct stability boost and also encourage peace (they can't declare war) which means there's less destabilizing war.

Perhaps either: allow vassals to declare war, or make vassals more likely to break away from their masters.

Top Bottom