1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Europe playtesting feedback thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by st.lucifer, Nov 9, 2008.

1. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

IMO for Portugal Madeira should work also for the Navigators UHV.

Could Portuguese cities please have Feitorias when founded since Portugal is expected to found several island cities?

2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

This is kinda done with the civics. (Serfdom and Manorialism) The Guild-period after this can also be boosted by the civics.

IIRC, it works this way. You have the options "Yes" and "No". If you choose "Yes", (almost) all cities will be converted to Protestantism. The churches etc. will be converted to Protestant churches etc.. Catholicism stays in the cities, but the Catholic buildings are removed.
    If you choose "No", some cities will convert to Protestantism and Catholicism stays in every city. Also, the Catholic buildings stay in the city and won't be converted.

Good points. I'll add Madeira to their UHV.

It could be a bit ofbalanced. But we can try it.

3. civ_king

The Portuguese Islands have the worst production except for Rhodes

4. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

That's true, but I was thinking of the cities in mainland Portugal. On the other hand, will probably only have 3 cities max on the mainland. So they can't make a advantage of it. I will include change it for testing.

5. rock_star

rock_star Warlord

You forgot Malta. :lol:

Could you steal Rhye's coding for regular RFC? After Astronomy, harbors & smithies are automatically built - this could keep balance intact, since the mainland cities cities would still need to build these, but the production-weak island cities would get a slight boost at founding. (At least the Azores, which can't be settled until after Astronomy - the Canaries can be settled immediately, but this would give the player incentive to wait to settle here).

6. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I didn't know that Rhye made something like that in RFC. (I didn't play it for a very long time) If we can include this, I would say that that is the best option.

7. Morholt

Morholt Prince

It's actually really easy since adding initial buildings is supported in python.
    Adding this code:
    Code:
    (tab)(tab)if ( argsList[0] == xml.iAstronomy and iPlayer == con.iPortugal ):
    (tab)(tab)(tab)gc.setInitialBuilding( con.iPortugal, xml.iPortugalFeitoria, True )
    to line 795 or thereabout of CvRFCEventHandler.py (inside onTechAcquired) should do the trick.

8. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

This is not what you think it is. Buildings are actually added in C++, you can follow the variables in the code from CyGlobvalContext.cpp to CvPlayer.cpp. gc.setInitialBuilding(...) sets variables that tell the .dll to add buildings upon city founding, however, none of those variables is remembered. If you do what you propose, then play the game, found Astronomy, save/load, you will not build the new buildings.

The proper way to do this is to add a line in the "city founding" to check if the player has the prerequisite tech for the building (although it will not really do what you want as Feitoria comes long way before Astronomy).

If you want to do this in Python, you should add it in CvRFCEventHandler, but use the onCityBuild event. Then add the building (if player is Portugal and player has Astronomy).

9. MrBanana

MrBanana Prince

3miro, I ask again, could the reformation be treated as a normal religion change? The anarchy fits the time period anyways, and it prevenets countries from quickly converting back to Catholicism.

10. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

I'll look into it.

11. Morholt

Morholt Prince

Good catch, it's still doable in Python though.

12. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Does anybody know what the SVN checkout is? I seem to have lost it...
    Thanks!

13. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

You use TortoiseSVN?

14. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Yes, I was wondering what the svn website is? I've changed computers, and therefore now need the website again.

15. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

16. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

17. Mowque

Mowque Hypermodernist

Playing as UK.

Why is everyone so stable?

18. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Yeah, I also noticed that late in the game almost all civs are very stable
    We still need more wars...

19. civ_king

Can we make the 17th century a lot more violent especially the first half? I demand a thirty years war bloodbath!

20. Morholt

Morholt Prince

In my experience late game is filled with a few "power blocs" of one big civ with a bunch of vassals. Vassals get a direct stability boost and also encourage peace (they can't declare war) which means there's less destabilizing war.

Perhaps either: allow vassals to declare war, or make vassals more likely to break away from their masters.