1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Europe playtesting feedback thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by st.lucifer, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Sian

Sian Emperor

due to the comment about Crimea (which is a ++ only as of yet) i'm betting my hat on that he's playing RFCE++ :p

and nothing is difficult if you just bring enough Seige with you :p

2. PatCat90

PatCat90 Chieftain

For the first Polish UHV. Called "The commonwealth" control etc cities in different provinces.

Is there a possibility to add a counter for how many cities you have conquered or in those areas regarding the UHV's condition?

Similiar to the one where you have total viking points etc when playing vikings.

3. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

I'll see if I have time to code it. I try to add useful info for the UHV conditions whenever possible, but I haven't done it for all civs.

4. PatCat90

PatCat90 Chieftain

I'm sincerely grateful for all the work you do :)

5. youtien

youtien Lyricist

Just done a Genoan UHV. Built Marco Polo and Cluny abbey at start, conquered Milan, Florence, Valencia and Tunis. In midgame I built Krak des Chavalier and every wonders expect La Lanterna(Venice built it, and I used a GE to finish San Marco Basilica), stole 3 techs (banking, paper, astronomy) from Venice, also I conquered Tangier and settled Canaries. In late game I built every avalible colonial projects, had Spain, Portugal and Venice as vassal, helped Venice against a strong Austria & Poland. In the end I got "emperor".

The most important tech I think, is divine right - once you built all 3 wonders, you can switch to limited monarchy - free labor - free religion. The second is public works - the 2 wonders that give free tech and free revolution. Once you have that, the rest game is too easy.

6. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

This is because all the bonuses from wonders and corporations sum up to the endgame to being ridiculously overpowered in a couple extreme cases - usually in the hands of an experienced human player
    I very much intend to change this, but only for RFCE II, as it would need a complete rebalancing

7. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

And with the free tech I always chose Renaissance Art and receive a large period of time to complete over powered wonders.

8. Mowque

Mowque Hypermodernist

Playing as the Norse. It is 1239 and the turn won't pass. The little globe waiting thing just lasts forever. I've tried changing stuff, re-loading, turning the game off...something is making the game stick. It isn't frozen, i can save, load a game, even look at civilopedia, but the game won't go past turn 213. Really frustrating.

9. Mowque

Mowque Hypermodernist

Here is the link

Attached Files:

10. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

The issue is Spain
    Didn't find the cause of the infinite loop yet
    It's probably related to the crusade or the Cordoban respawn - both is supposed to happen in that AI turn

For now a simple solution: you can continue playing if you go to WB and manually collapse Spain into indy cities
    Not a perfect solution, but they wasn't really stable in the first place, and will probably respawn anyway in a couple turns

11. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

3Miro (or maybe Morholt) can you also look into this when you have some time?
    Still don't know what's the exact cause of this bug...

12. Mowque

Mowque Hypermodernist

Ok. Junked Spain and the game went a turn. Thanks for the fix. You know how ti is when you have a good game going, you hate anything to stop it. Fun mod though, you guys did a first rate job.

Is this problem likely to pop up again this game?

13. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Thanks!

I don't think so
    Couldn't find the cause, but it must be pretty rare, as noone reported anything similar AFAIK
    Probably you can finish your game without any further issues

14. The Flame8

The Flame8 Prince

Thor has brought down his wrath upon you

15. Mowque

Mowque Hypermodernist

Perhaps.

Finished the game. Won on score. Playing as Norse. Grabbed all of Scandinavia, Ireland, Scotland and invading and took England after they spawned (plunked a city in Iceland in 1700 or so).

Real fun game. Pretty easy since I had the Baltic and the Channel between me and the other civs. Notes and points of interest.

1. Lithuania really hated me and kept declaring war. Very cool, they even used ships to land troops. Eventually though I took the war to them and vassaled them.

2. I was the only Protestant power. I founded it, is that why no one else ever converted?

3. Took a long time but my stability was in the toilet till 1650 or so.. Was it because of England?

4. France is a run away powerhouse (took a good chunk of Spain and Italy (and Burgundy). I suppose this is historical though. I wonder if they do that every game.

5. Loved the Byzze-Ottoman conflict. Very very historical.

16. Rewjeo

Rewjeo Chieftain

In my current game, Denmark (I'm playing ++, so there's Denmark, Norway, and Sweden) was the only one to go Protestant, despite France founding it.

I hear people say this, but that has never been the case for me. The only games I remember very well are my last Germany, Bulgaria, and Spain games, but even as Bulgaria, France stayed strong but not overwhelmingly so and then collapsed. When I was Germany, they stayed relatively weak and then declared war on me, and that war ended with France only controlling the southwestern third of modern France. They only collapsed in the late 1700s, though, which is the best I can remember. In my current game as Spain, they were actually doing very well. They held all of modern France, the Netherlands, and a significant portion of Germany. Then they went to war with the entire HRE, myself (I controlled the entire Iberian peninsula), England, and Tunisia and had both Burgundy and the Netherlands show up fighting for independence. You can imagine how well that went.

17. Mowque

Mowque Hypermodernist

Looks like that might need a tiny tweak.

Good. France SHOULD be one of the most powerful, it certainly was in OTL. Nice to see it gets shaken up now and then. Started a game as the Rus, see how it goes.

18. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

There is too much religion changing in rfce++, dont know why. I have seen a Byzantine switch during the first hundred years or so. Christian Arabs etc.

19. Mowque

Mowque Hypermodernist

I saw Cordoba change religions, but they WERE losing to the Spaniards, so it fit. Byzantine, Russian were Orthodox.

20. The Flame8

The Flame8 Prince

Yeah, ++ does need help on religions, but is still much better than regular rfce