RFC Europe: Small bugs/fixes

The new UHV 1 code gives "achievement failed" since the beginning.

Talking abut UHV 2, I never succeeded in getting 1000 attitude points because France always collapsed before.
Now 2500 points in some 208 turns mean an average of 12 points per turn: isn't that too much? And what if France collapses?

Fix for the 1st UHV is in the SVN.

I chose 2500 based on a game I played with them. I got around 3000 in the end. However, I was very lucky, as France was strong and had a lot of wars which provided me a lot of points. I did get 15+ points/turn quite easily, with peaks of 20 points/turn. Maybe this game gave me a slightly wrong idea what is doable. But I think 2500 is a doable, but still challenging number if France is strong enough for you to get a shot.

12 points/turn isn't that hard. OB and relations provide 3/turn. Defensive pact (only at the end) provide 2 more. You can get a lot from trading resources. Start trading right away. I traded the barley near Edinburgh for wheat. You lose the health of the barley, but you get the health from wheat in return, so you don't gain, but also don't lose anything regarding health. But you do get the trade points. Also, giving away resources for free also counts towards export. If France has a corporation (which you can help by giving them a required GP) can really help with that, as it allows several copies of a resource to be traded away.
Last but not least, wars. Common war with England does provide some nice points. France is also very likely to lead the crusade. A few other wars, which aren't that uncommon and you can help other civs start a war, provide some additional points.

I've been exploring stability.py and I stumbled upon this:

Code:
		iHandicap = gc.getGame().getHandicapType()
		if (iHandicap == 0):
			gc.getPlayer( utils.getHumanID() ).changeStabilityBase( iCathegoryExpansion, 6 )
		elif (iHandicap == 0):
			gc.getPlayer( utils.getHumanID() ).changeStabilityBase( iCathegoryExpansion, 2 )

Are those iHandicap set to 0 for testing purposes? It seemed a bit odd to me that their values are the same on a chain of 'if's

The Cordobans should be hit by Visigoth barbarians not Berber ones in Iberia. Also it is more appropriate for Germany to get attacked by Wends instead of Magyars from the NE.

Small odd bug: Moscow and Kiev civs have the same (Orthodox) religion and yet Kiev's leader calls Moscow heathen with -1 modifier. :confused:

Oh yeah, forgot about that, thanks!

Yeah, It's not because of low piety, that just means 0 plus relations.
The Round Church on the other hand annuls all penalties when waging war(s) against other Orthodox nations (both happiness and stability penalties), but adds a permanent -1 diplo modifier against all civs who share your religion.

Not sure if this bug was reported before: every single time when another civ resurrects -- it declares war on human player. Regardless of anything. My France and Isabella's Castile were Catholic besties, lived in peace and traded a lot, but she collapsed and later respawned, sure enough declaring a war on me. Another example was Kiev: never knew each other, because in 1200 start there are Mongols instead of Kiev. But the moment this new civ appeared from ashes -- they declared war. Meaningless war as we never even came into contact, but many turns later they agreed to peace and payed me handsomely. :dunno:

Also funny little bug in Pedia: for some reason Dutch mercenaries called Waardgelder are claimed to come from ... Albania. No such thing is supported by internet. How it got in there in the first place, considering strong Dutch presence on these forums, I wonder? :)

Last edited:
I don't know where to report this bug so I guess I will say it here and hopefully the modders will fix it, or better, someone can help me fix it myself. The French and the Iberian civs' dynamic names are always set to Western Empire and Iberian Union respectively if they are not vassalized. I'm sure this is a minor programming bug somewhere out there and I hope I can fix it myself by changing a few text lines in some python files... I hope.

Not sure if this bug was reported before: every single time when another civ resurrects -- it declares war on human player. Regardless of anything. My France and Isabella's Castile were Catholic besties, lived in peace and traded a lot, but she collapsed and later respawned, sure enough declaring a war on me. Another example was Kiev: never knew each other, because in 1200 start there are Mongols instead of Kiev. But the moment this new civ appeared from ashes -- they declared war. Meaningless war as we never even came into contact, but many turns later they agreed to peace and payed me handsomely. :dunno:
Thanks, I also encountered this bug recently. Noted.
Also funny little bug in Pedia: for some reason Dutch mercenaries called Waardgelder are claimed to come from ... Albania. No such thing is supported by internet. How it got in there in the first place, considering strong Dutch presence on these forums, I wonder? :)
Merijn added those, and he is Dutch, so I think it's intentional

I don't know where to report this bug so I guess I will say it here and hopefully the modders will fix it, or better, someone can help me fix it myself. The French and the Iberian civs' dynamic names are always set to Western Empire and Iberian Union respectively if they are not vassalized. I'm sure this is a minor programming bug somewhere out there and I hope I can fix it myself by changing a few text lines in some python files... I hope.

IIRC I already fixed this in the SVN version, among a couple other things since 1.4
You should try to set it up, it's not hard at all. Look for the sticky thread about it.

The Waardgelder mercenaries are a merc unit in Age Of Empires III. I copied the idea from that. The reason they are available to the Dutch is that they fought in the Dutch army. I personally think a merc should be available in the area they historically served, rather than the area they originated from.

Is there a reason why Cordoba/Tunisia and Morokko is almost always switching to Katholicism? I dont think that there is enough Catholicism in Africa except in Tanga for a good spreading xD

I thought the Favorite Religion of Islam should help but nah, I cant see a fix in the python folder ^^

Is there a reason why Cordoba/Tunisia and Morokko is almost always switching to Katholicism? I dont think that there is enough Catholicism in Africa except in Tanga for a good spreading xD

I thought the Favorite Religion of Islam should help but nah, I cant see a fix in the python folder ^^
Religion spread is a difficult question. The current system for it isn't ideal for the mod's purposes.
It was adjusted countless times, still not perfect.

Morocco's 2nd UHV goal is never checked, it would appear.

Edit: Actually, the 3rd UHV isn't triggering for me either, so it seems like a problem with UHVs in general. I did get the 1st one though. Save attached for right before the 2nd UHV goal.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1464 Turn 288.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Thanks! Will be fixed with the next commit.

The outcome of the English spawn when playing as Denmark (and capturing London): The immediate flip in 1065 AD led to Caen being the new English capital.
Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

First I wanted to put a screenshot in a thread RFCE OMG! Look what happened! , but then a strange message was repeated with another unit.

Skirmisher:
Spoiler :

Guisamier:
Spoiler :

Mistake from the same game, every few moves go out message Harun al Rashid and Saladin become leaders of the Mamluk Sultanate
(Also with Alexander Nevsky and Marfa Posadnitsa):
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Simeon I AD-1464 Turn 288bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
Top Bottom