RFC Mesoamerica and Andes

I keep getting this error:

GFC error: failed to initialize the primary control theme

What did I do wrong? :confused:

Alright, I uploaded the code in the right place, so I think it should work

It works now. I'll do a test commit soon.
EDIT: Positive test result. ;)

A while ago you said that you had some problems with the gamefont. What are the precise problems?

A while ago you said that you had some problems with the gamefont. What are the precise problems?

I'm not entirely sure, but all the letters in the game are replaced by the 2nd letter to the right of it in the gamefont. I think the symbols may be off too. As a last resort, it may be worth it to start with the original SoI gamefont and remake it with the new icons.

Can you say me what to do? I can write the historical reference to inca related topics.

I'm not entirely sure, but all the letters in the game are replaced by the 2nd letter to the right of it in the gamefont. I think the symbols may be off too. As a last resort, it may be worth it to start with the original SoI gamefont and remake it with the new icons.

I'll look what I can do. If necessary, I'll redo the original SoI gamefont.

I keep getting this error:

GFC error: failed to initialize the primary control theme

What did I do wrong? :confused:

Well, I looked this up elsewhere and apparently this just means that my files are being looked for in the wrong place, so my folder has the wrong name. What exactly did you guys name your main RFC Mesoamerica folder? That's all I need to know.

Can you say me what to do? I can write the historical reference to inca related topics.

Here's what I put in the outsourcing thread:

I added a new religion (Pachamama) and I need pedia text keys. Have a look at CIV4GameText_MEM_Religions.xml. Try to give a brief overview of the beliefs and then focus on archeological and social aspects. I also need pedia entries for Chasqui runners and Kallawaya herbalists, which with be put in the corporation text file.

Also, could you come up with a list of Huari and Tiwanaku archeological sites? It would be helpful for working it into a settler map

I also want to redo the Inca pedia entry with an anthropological perspective, since the official one is fairly basic.

It should be "RFC Mesoamerica and Andes"

Then I have no idea why I can't play it. :( I just downloaded and unzipped it into the mods folder like any other mod. Stupid GFC error.

The gamefont is indeed **** up a lot. It the easiest way to go back to the original one and ad the new things. You based the gamefont on the SoI one, didn't you?

To do that, I need all other gamefont's you used to get the images. I also need the 75 gamefont, as that one also seems to be buggy. Can you send them? (Or upload them to the mod somewhere. I'll delete them when I'm finished)

The gamefont is indeed **** up a lot. It the easiest way to go back to the original one and ad the new things. You based the gamefont on the SoI one, didn't you?

Yep.

To do that, I need all other gamefont's you used to get the images. I also need the 75 gamefont, as that one also seems to be buggy. Can you send them? (Or upload them to the mod somewhere. I'll delete them when I'm finished)

I don't have seperate gamefonts for all of them since I made a lot of them myself. However, I think all of the ones I made are based off of the buttons, so you should be able to remake them easily.

Then I have no idea why I can't play it. :( I just downloaded and unzipped it into the mods folder like any other mod. Stupid GFC error.

I saw that reinstalling can sometimes fix it. What is your exact file path? Do you have BtS 3.19?

I regret having to do this, but I simply can't do the work needed at a reasonable pace. I'd be glad to continue helping with art, text, and history/archaeology, but I think it would be better if someone else took the lead. I won't let this mod die, but I want to step aside for someone with more time than I have atm.

Not really. If you're willing to pick it up though, be my guest :)

1. I tried to keep the music as authentic as possible; I only included stuff I could identify as a specific ethnic style.

2.Well, I'd have to include everything from Louisiana to Florida too! And northern Mexico. The focus was supposed to be on just mesoamerica, the caribean and the andes, but if one were to expand it, I think it would make more sense to expand it eastward to include the Tupi-Guarani groups and Portugal/Brazil.

Is this mod still alive ? I'm interested in it, so I'll soon test it (maybe should I correct some files, if it's needed ?)

For future reference, this mod is basically dead. It is useful as an archive of available Mesoamerican and Andean in-game art though, I think I scraped every last corner of these forums for units, buildings, etc.

These days I'm playing more Paradox games, so if I do get back into modding, it will probably be with EU4 or something.

I apologize for the necro, but a) I'd really love to see someone revive this mod and b) I wanted to write down an idea I had before I forget it.

Most of the RFC modmods add some central new concept to fit the setting, such as faith points in RFC:Europe and Sword of Islam. For a RFC:Mesoamerica game, it seems like it'd be a really interesting play-concept to represent all civilizations fighting not just against each other, but against the jungle as well. (Once Mayan civilization fell, many/most of its major urban centers were overrun by jungle, which we're only now starting to rediscover). I think it'd be a fascinating mechanic to a) allow workers to chop jungles & clear ground for cities/farms/units/etc, but also b) jungle terrain spreads just like forest terrain in the base game, but even more quickly/regularly, and c) if a small (size 3 or less) city is surrounded by at least 6 tiles of jungle, there's a chance each turn that the city might have to be abandoned -- city converted to city ruins, population becomes workers/units, terrain becomes jungle.

This would only apply to the Yucatan, not the Valley of Mexico, so there'd need to be some sort of regional limiter on jungle spread, but I really like the idea of Mayan city-states, normally rivals, collaborating on pushing back the jungle to allow room for growth. It'd also let us represent the decline of specific city-states after their civilizational collapse; unlike most of the rest of the world, specific 'tiles' do not remain centrally important across every era of history, but city-states come and go in each era.

Just in case anyone does decide to revive this: as much as I understand the desire to represent both pre-Columbian regions (Mesoamerica and Andean) in a single mod, as far as I can tell from the history there's really no connection in culture or trade between the two regions, and forcing both onto the same map creates a lot of dead space (mostly Pacific Ocean tiles). I think a mod representing Mesoamerica alone, and a separate mod to represent the Andes Mountains, would probably be easier to make and more playable than a mod representing both.

You are spot on, on these points. An implementation of the rainforest encroachment idea would make this the most unique mod-mod experience, unfortunately, I've only begun to learn how to code

Maybe the player would be required to give resources to other civs so that they can have the ability to save themselves because otherwise the rainforest will come for the city itself

I wonder if the Global Warming mechanic could be used in some way here- reverse-engineered for this purpose

Finally, the two maps must be separate as I have not seen any evidence of direct contact (as cool as that would have been)

Top Bottom