RFC: Warlords: Minor Civilizations

I told you I don't want to act as spoilsport.....

If you want you can keep debating, I will use it as valuable input when it comes the time of the decisions.
Actually, it would be much more useful if you sorted from the most important MC to the least important, in your opinions.

Yeah, good idea. So for everyone, don't get diappointed, we will continue this discussion and assume it will be in :).

So for Region #7-8: Here is what I decided after the opinions of the participants:
Cherokee and Mayans will both be in.

and now, to Region 9-10. Perhaps Korea won't be that good, but I'll put it up for debate anyway. region 10 has the Khmer and Siam, any ideas what should be in and what should'nt?

Region 9-10.

As much as I would love Korea to be in, for the game itself, it would only be a few cities at most. I think having something in Southeast Asia would be much better - it serves as a crossroads yet a barrier for several civs that have historically had much influence in the region - from India to China to Japan and even Europe later on. My money's on 10.

Region 9: Korea without a doubt

Region 10: Khmer have to be the ones.

Korea could easily still be represented by barbs like other isolated areas. But larger ares like Africa need the MCs to break up the barbs.

Why not after we decide on the MC's for each region (and any others that were suggested near the beginning) then decide the order of importance. Both by historical importance and by region combined. Then Rhye will have something to compare to and reasoning if he differes. Sound good?

SE Asia : Khmer city : Ankor Wat (city with buddhism)
Iran : Media (city : Ecbatana = now Hamadan)
Europe : Celts : Hallstadt (north of alps), La Tiène (=Aix-la-Chappelle), city in England (stonehenge?) and ireland to (Dubh Linn or so?)
Tibet : Lhasa (city with buddhism)
Z-Africa : Zulu
Cental America : Maya (Chichen Itza)
N-america : Iroquise (they have allways been in civ), apache?
Z-america : Tupi
central Africa : bantu, Masai?
N Africa : Nubia, Numidia, Ethiopia???
Russia : Sarmatia, Huns, Kazhaks, Samarkand,... (Nice cities for the mogols to raise)
Asia : Korea

would this be a nice order of importance?

Maybe taking away settles from MC would be a good thing to contol them and finally get ride of them?

SE Asia truly needs something, and IMO a regular civ wouldn´t be bad. If we hav e Khmer or Siam, one of those should advance to modern Indonesia islands. They are always colonized by Japan, and sometimes they raise in the tech race to the top in the year 1400. It´s annoying playing as a colonial power, because the islands are full of Japanese cities with some samurais.

IMO we should have like 30-34 slots for civs, with having 22 playable (Babylon, Carthage, Ottomans), and the rest MCs, that should'nt affect memory much in my opinion.

We could decide upon that, and Prestidigitator would choose say the top 6, and those six would be in, and then the number of civ slots would merely be just 28 or 30. And that shouldn't affect gameplay.

Rhye stated earlier that Minor Civs would have an affect on loading times. And more major civs would make a much bigger difference. There will almost definitely not more than a few MC's, and no more Major Civ's aside from Carthage, the Ottomans, Babylon and the Vikes, I would assume.

In order of importance, the only ones that I think NEED to be in are:
Celts
The 2 African ones
Maya
Southest Asia Civ (Khmer/Siam, but only one)
and POSSIBLY something in North America.

And out of those, I think we could manage with just the Celts and the African ones.

If we are allotted a longer list then the Scythians (Early Slavs) would be nice.

As currently seems to be the fad, I will also rank MCs in order of preference.

1. SE Asia (I have no deep convictions about Siam or Khmer or...)
2. Celts (The cities are there, use them)
3. Tartars (insert central asian barbarians here Huns/Pathians/etc...)
4. Berbers (the Sahara is big)
5. Goths (or general name for European barbarians attacking Classical Rome)
6. Koreans (Jurchens/Mongols/etc...)
7. Mayans (again, use the cities in use)
8. Hittites (possibly "Assyria"? for surrounding Mesopotamia)

We need to look at the Barbarians that are already scripted in the game. To add the "Iroqious", for example, we would be changing the dynamics of colonization (for better/worse). There are already Barbarians that are scripted to found cities as well as Barbarians that spawn hordes. We can label these as MCs but don't need to (unless we want to, of course) construct entirely new forces (which contribute to slowing the game down).

Crayton said:
... 8. Hittites (possibly "Assyria"? for surrounding Mesopotamia)
Like I said earlier, Babylon will represent Mesopotamia, and that will be Sumeria, Babylon and Assyria. So we don't need the Assyrians.

As for the list, yeah, possibly only 5 would make it to the Mod.

About order of importance, I would certianly like to see the Elamites or the Medes, either one would be good in the area. I can't see the Cherokee make it though :undecide:.

EDIT: I would now like each one of you guys to kindly list the TOP 5 REGIONS OF IMPORTANCE, from 1 to 5.

Okay then, since no-one has contributed with their list, I will begin... in order of importance, here are the civs I think should make it...
1. Elam (rather than medes because they start earlier).
2. Celts (everyone seems to want them without doubt so...).
3. Berbers.
4. Pinensula Arabs.
5. Khmer.

I hope most responses will be like mine :D.

Here its my list:
1. The Celts (Region 5)
2. The Nubians (Region 3)
3. The Maya (Region 8)
4. The Medes (Region 1)
5. The Khmer (Region 10)

UPDATE:
Here are the top for now:
Elam/Medes: 2 votes.
Celts: 2 votes.
Khmer: 2 votes.

Pinensula Arabs: 1 vote.
Berbers: 1 vote.
Nubians: 1 vote.
Mayans: 1 vote.

C'mon people, your opinoin will change the mod ;). Vote for your top 5.

The maya has 1 vote too

UPDATE:
Here are the top MCs for now:
Celts: 3 votes.
Khmer: 3 votes.

Elam/Medes: 2 votes.
Berbers: 2 votes.
Nubians: 2 votes.
Mayans: 2 votes.

Pinensula Arabs: 1 vote.

It's nice we now have a trend, but I would certainly like more votes from everyone, so that we have a bigger margin of difference. Don't forget I havent voted yet :p, but I will at the end when everyone has ;).

1. Medes to buffer Persia from barbarians and slow persian expansion
2. Khmer definitley
3. Mayans
4. I would prefer Ethiopia instead of Nubia...

Top Bottom