RFCE 2.0 brainstorming thread

Since we are low on programmers maybe we should do a crowd funding and contract a professional to our wishes! ;-)
Actually I'm making rather good progress right now, with embrydead's coding advices in the background ;)
But yeah we should go to Kiskstarter :lol:
If it works for Jon Shafer, RFCE also deserves it :mischief:
(alright, his new project sounds nice.. but I still hate some decisions he made for CivV)

The Oran province should have enough place for 2 good cities, not just Oran. Tlemcen was one of the most important city in the trans-Saharan trade network and of the Mediterranean trade network (even if it was not a coastal city). It managed to hit 100 000 citizens the 15th century and was, up until the ottoman conquest, the most important city in Algeria. It was also the capital of one of the kingdoms left by the fall of the Almohad dynasty. The city deserve a place on the map and to be founded as often as possible.

Thanks edead, that explains a lot, glad to know that in SoI it's not bugged like in LoR (with Evade III all missions are 100% chance when I hover over them).

Actually I lied, partially - just had a look at the code after playing and part of that fix is commented out, IIRC because it was producing numbers that made no sense from player's POV (there are internal modifiers in play). It's still applied to interception during movement/waiting, which is usually 1% so any level of Deception would otherwise reduce it to 0%. Missions can still go up to 100% with Evade III and no counter-spy. The most logical way to fix it is to use my fix and simply reduce Evade & Counter-spy bonus to 5% per promotion.

The Oran province should have enough place for 2 good cities, not just Oran. Tlemcen was one of the most important city in the trans-Saharan trade network and of the Mediterranean trade network (even if it was not a coastal city). It managed to hit 100 000 citizens the 15th century and was, up until the ottoman conquest, the most important city in Algeria. It was also the capital of one of the kingdoms left by the fall of the Almohad dynasty. The city deserve a place on the map and to be founded as often as possible.

Sry, but Oran and Tlemcen are way too close on this map scale
There is no way both can be a decent city in the same game
Having said that, I somewhat improved the site of Tlemcen

If we are adding Scotland, I think it would be nice to include one of the Stuarts as a leaderhead after Robert the Bruce. Perhaps James VI of Scotland (James I of England)?

If we are adding Scotland, I think it would be nice to include one of the Stuarts as a leaderhead after Robert the Bruce. Perhaps James VI of Scotland (James I of England)?
It sure is fun to annex England peacefully as Scotland in RFCE++.

Maybe it should be one of the Scottish UHVs. Control or Vassalize England.

Please post your ideas with art suggestions in the LH thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=408403
There are many possible medieval leaderheads in the CFC database, in many cases it's hard to decide what art to use for a given leader (if there is no LH directly for them)

My last post in the thread:
Now that we are discussing the possibility of adding new civs, I would like to see suggestions for their leaders
Preferably with fitting LH art from the CFC database
The opening post of this thread is up to date, would like to have something like this for the new civs too

The Normans never tried to take Constantinople and for the most part, their invasions of Byzantium were quickly repulsed. While they were effective on the battlefield, their invasions - like Bohemund of Taranto's in 1102 - were slowed, deprived of power and supplies and then erased completely.

Emperors John and Manuel actually wanted to conquer the Norman Kingdom of Sicily, but never got around to it.

I agree that Normans vs. Byzantines should have a place here, but conquering Constantinople makes no sense. How about the Normans conquer the rest of the Balkans perhaps, since that's more historical?

Sorry for answering so late but had a lot do recently. The Kingdom of Sicily was only until the late 12th century a Norman kingdom. In 1194 the kingdom went to the House of Hohenstaufen and in 1265 Charles of Anjou, the younger brother of Louis IX of France, was crowned as the king of Sicily by the Pope who quarelled with the House of Hohenstaufen. It was Charles who in alliance with pope had plans against the Byzantine Empire. Louis IX crusade against Tunis destroyed those plans because Charles had to join.
Sorry if I didn´t express myself clear but I never ment a "Norman conquest" of Constantinople. It was the Kingdom of Siciliy under the rule of the House of Anjou!

To make it make more historival accurate the 1st UHV could be dated to 1194 and named "The Norman conquest of Sicily and Naples" if the conquest is possible by that time and 2nd UHV could be "Charles´ Empire". But as long as AbsintheRed doesn´t confirm an independent Sicilian civ I think further discussions are obsolete. I just wanted to give an idea. If it´s in more discussion would be needed for sure!

Yes and no.

Currently, we're not working on it. There are some things in vanilla RFCE that we want to do. But when we are somewhat finished with vanilla RFCE, we will start working on it.

But as RFCE 2.0 will get the improvements of RFCE, the development we already do is also development for RFCE 2.0. So you can say we are working on it, although not directly.

Armenia, Georgia, the Khazars, and the Golden Horde are already planned to be implemented eventually. Wallachia is too small in my opinion for a civ, but Volga Bulgaria could work depending on how far east the map actually goes.

How do I sign up to make the map.

And yes to Wallachia and also Moldavia - Romanian states would be nice.

And also, the most important addition in RFCE 2.0 - IRELAND!

A must have in this scenario, no clue why it was left out. Fills up Ireland, which is otherwise unfilled. And is very important in the British Isles.

Good map. It should probably be extended 5 tiles south, 5 tiles east, and as far north as is needed to include all of scandanavia.

Also, Blue marble terrain with Colonization Coast/Ocean should be used.

The Moorland terrain, and Semidesert (from SoI) should be used on this map.

IMHO

I would suggest:
Basing 2.0 off of RFCE++ instead of Regular RFCE
That would mean including those 14 extra civs
But I also think the mod could benefit from these __ civs:
1. Ireland - unique culture, plus interesting game involving preserving catholicism - goals should involve No British cities in Ireland and cultural/religious goals
2. Wales - United with England in 1535 - should be one of the ingame unions. This could create a really fun goal for England involving uniting the British Isles
3. Armenia and 4. Georgia - Since this area is on the map, it must be filled, and these nations are Christian and culturally more European than Asian or Middle Eastern. If implemented correctly, they can help
5.Wallachia and 6.Moldavia - yes they would both be small, but Romania is culturally unique, and many people like playing as smaller civs
7. Khazaria - a Very unique civ that would be a lot of fun to play, and give Judaism some relevance to the game
8. Switzerland - this could serve some sort of banking function as a NPC, if playable, there could be really creative UHVS
9. Sicily and 10. Pisa - rounding out Italy
11. Bavaria - I don't think we need to split the "Germany civ" into a dozen pieces, but adding Bavaria is enough to make the HRE interesting but not enough to significantly slow computers down.
12. Volga Bulgars - More competition for the Russian civs
And also all of this
Dear developers and other people,
I have a suggestion for developers of RFC 2.0. It is about Russian principalities and Mongol Yoke.
First, I think more Russian principalities should be added in RFC 2.0. List of important Russian civs:
Halych
Volhynia
Vladimir-Suzdal
Polotsk
Turov and Pinsk
Ryazan
Tver
The Union of Galicia-Volhynia can be concluded between Halych and Volhynia.
And Golden Horde should be added as non-playable civilization.

About Yoke.
In 1237 Golden Horde spawns. At start Horde is at war with all Russian states (maybe exception for Novgorod). Golden Horde have a lot of Keshiks and other units, and, for saving cities, Russian civs can become a vassal of Horde.
About Yarlig.
Yarlig is a document on the right to be a leader of Principality of Vladimir. Leader of Horde gives Yarlig to Russian vassal leader with the best relations with Horde. Civ what has Yarlig can:
1)Collect a tribute from other Horde's vassals. The size of the tribute depends on number of people in the cities (1 population=? money). 15% of tribute is for "collector", and 85% is for Horde.
2)If Vladimir province belongs to Horde or its vassals all cities in Vladimir province joins civ with Yarlig. Else Horde and its vassals declare war on Vladimir's owner.
3)Civ with Yarlig can demand cities of civs who are not Horde's vassals. If civ refuses to give cities Horde gives some units for conquest.
If civ who has Yarlig declares war on another Horde's vassal Horde gives Yarlig to last civ.

In XIV century a civil war begins in Golden Horde. Some Mongol cities join Independents. Russian states can become independent but if they do it Horde declares war on this Russian civ.
That's all. Add suggestions about it, ask and criticize.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English!

And blue marble terrain

I would suggest:
Basing 2.0 off of RFCE++ instead of Regular RFCE
That would mean including those 14 extra civs
But I also think the mod could benefit from these 12 civs:
1. Ireland - unique culture, plus interesting game involving preserving catholicism - goals should involve No British cities in Ireland and cultural/religious goals
2. Wales - United with England in 1535 - should be one of the ingame unions. This could create a really fun goal for England involving uniting the British Isles
3. Armenia and 4. Georgia - Since this area is on the map, it must be filled, and these nations are Christian and culturally more European than Asian or Middle Eastern. If implemented correctly, they can help
5.Wallachia and 6.Moldavia - yes they would both be small, but Romania is culturally unique, and many people like playing as smaller civs
7. Khazaria - a Very unique civ that would be a lot of fun to play, and give Judaism some relevance to the game
8. Switzerland - this could serve some sort of banking function as a NPC, if playable, there could be really creative UHVS
9. Sicily and 10. Pisa - rounding out Italy
11. Bavaria - I don't think we need to split the "Germany civ" into a dozen pieces, but adding Bavaria is enough to make the HRE interesting but not enough to significantly slow computers down.
12. Volga Bulgars - More competition for the Russian civs
And also all of this
(russian suggestions)

And blue marble terrain

One thing I just realized is that Khazaria, Armenia, Georgia, Volga Bulgaria, and the Russian Principalities/Golden Horde Suggestions would make for a really fun game for all involved. Adding titles, like "Leader of the Russians" would make it even better.

Just like adding Bavaria would give the HRE meaning, right now it is too simplistic.

I agree with you, but i doubt someone will ever mod this mod again... since there´s not a single update in months....
I would love to play such a new version, with at least 50% of your suggestions, peharps new tiles heading east, to properly introduce armenia and georgia

I agree with you, but i doubt someone will ever mod this mod again... since there´s not a single update in months....
I would love to play such a new version, with at least 50% of your suggestions, peharps new tiles heading east, to properly introduce armenia and georgia

thanks!

I'm hoping this will become a reality, but it probably won't
:hammer2:

Top Bottom