RFCM-LuKo

I'm not sure if this fits into your mod, but I always missed the ability of arms dealing in Civ4. Even in todays conflicts we see the huge amount of arms trafficking. Proxy wars are not well represented in Civ4/RFC imho.
You can gift units to another nation - ok. But I think there should be the possibilty to sell too and get some kind of reward. In Peacetime you could build up 2 weak possible enemies and make a nice profit of their future war :king:

Generally it's a good idea, which fits into this mod. However, the game mechanics makes it hard to implement. American Modern Armors are not stronger than Persian. Maybe modding mercenaries could cover the arm trade but currently I'm a bit busy trying to add a Dark Era (an opposite of golden one) so, as it's rather complicated, it has to wait.

I thought a bit about land selling (like Alaska or Louisiana) and probably I will check if I can add that before dealing with arms trade.

Those are "leftovers" from the vanilla RFC.

RFC is a scenario that is standard in BTS. Firaxis didn't want the players to have very long waiting times (when they play as America). So you couldn't choose to play as America. (The only way to play as America was by switching civ.)
Rhye included an unlocked version to make it possible to start as America.

Spoiler :
I'm not sure if this is true, but you also couldn't play a "modern civ" in the 3000 BC scenario. For the same reason.

Unit cost seems a little out of control. When I get the dozen or so units from the Conquerors event, I'm completely crippled, economically.

I have to admit I haven't tested how the conquerors event affects units cost but have you been well prepared for the attack? Some gold reserves (obviously), bigger cities, serfdom (to increase amount of free units)? How many units do you have, back in Europe? Quick, suicidal attack can help as well. In the worst scenario you can disband a few units (every unit costs more, than the previous one). Anyway, I'll playtest a colonial civilization. Thank you for pointing that out!

I've found that whatever was done (overall) has caused bigger fluctuations in income and make it a bit harder to run a stable economy. This is especially true of the unit giving events and the higher unit cost. I wound up popping events for the Aztecs and the Incans, I think each of them (the armies) were costing me something like 60 gold a turn, causing me to run a deficit (-15 through 20) even at 100% taxes. I wound up disbanding them, giving them away or just losing them in attacks. My European armies were pretty small, maybe 16 or so units; I perhaps could have been better prepared money-wise, but I wasn't expecting such a massive hit to my economy for behaving in such a historical manner.

I'm really enjoying the mod so far, looks like there is room for improvement (which is always good), but it seems like it'll develop into very interesting game.

Hmmm... Are there any other events that give units, beside conquerors? I think the first few turn surely hurts, but once you conquer cities and lose some units the investment is worth it. You get an amount of free units, based mostly on population of your empire (size of the cities. One city of 8 = two cities of 4, etc.) and every unit outside the limit costs you more than the previous one. Maybe it's a good idea to disband most of troops in Europe and send conquerors back home, when their job is done? Or use "native" troops for suicide attacks and disband survivors (upkeep for the weakest units is the same as for the strongest. But penalty for loosing a battle is the same as well)? I assume you are playing Spain. I'll playtest with Portugal (the problem should be worse, since Portugal have less cities). BTW: playing historical with Spain you should face historical problem of Spain: double bankruptcy :p

Any further comment is welcome :) I'm really glad you enjoy my work :)

Hello!
I've been a lurker for a while, but I made an account so I could post in this thread.
Yours is the first mod-mod I've wanted to use, but I am having a problem using the latest version (0.0.13).
I haven't quite been able to use a mod-mod; I believe that they have to be extracted to the /mods folder, and then loaded through the advanced options on the main menu, but this causes a ctd for me.
I have also tried copying your files over the regular rfc mod and then loading this, but that doesn't seem to work either.
Sorry for asking for help on what is probably a really simple matter.

I tried downloading the file again and from a different mirror but I still get the same problem.
The mod is a selectable mod in "load a mod." When I select the mod and click "ok," the game exits to the desktop like it does when loading a mod, but then it doesn't restart.
Normally when I load a mod, the game is closed to the desktop for just a second before the game restarts with the mod loaded.
When I look at the task manager, civ 4 is shown to still be running for about a minute after it exists to the desktop.
And yes, I'm using beyond the sword :p

I just wanted to say that I've downloaded this mod recently and played a quick test game and loved it! I recently started a new game with 600 AD Incans on Epic speed... I'm loving all your improvements and changes, and excited to get back to my game here shortly! Great work!! Keep the updates and changes coming!

I tried the new version as well; I wasn't able to get the mod to work.
I am playing the cd version of the game, however; might that potentially be the problem?

I just went and downloaded a few to see; I can only use the mods that come pre-loaded with bts, any downloaded mod causes the game to fail to restart when the mod is selected to be loaded.
I am running windows 7

I was noobing pretty hard; I installed the patch and now I can use mods I should have used google more
I can get to the main menu using your mod, but there are not any options listed under "play a scenario"
I also tried making a save file in regular rhyse and fall, then loading it in rfcm-luko, but the game does not let me do this

Top Bottom