Rhye of Imperialism

Which of these civs should be included in the mod.

• Austria

Votes: 87 57.6%
  • Poland

Votes: 53 35.1%
  • Denmark

Votes: 45 29.8%
  • Italy

Votes: 77 51.0%
  • Mexico

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • Peru

Votes: 49 32.5%
  • Persia

Votes: 79 52.3%
  • Khmer

Votes: 45 29.8%
  • Mali

Votes: 39 25.8%
  • Zulu's

Votes: 49 32.5%
  • A Native American Tribe

Votes: 47 31.1%
  • Egypt

Votes: 58 38.4%
  • India

Votes: 75 49.7%
  • Ethiopia

Votes: 58 38.4%
  • Canada

Votes: 66 43.7%
  • South Africa

Votes: 56 37.1%
  • Brazil

Votes: 78 51.7%
  • Indonesia

Votes: 51 33.8%

• Total voters
Well, for CSA UHV's, they could be:

1. Controll Cuba, Sonora and Chichulia(sp?) by 1880 or 1900
2. Defeat the USA in atleast 2 wars
3. Survive past 1944

For the USA:

1. Controll all of the mainland USA by 1850
2. Defeate the CSa in atleast 1 war
3. Conqueror the SCA by 1944

I thought CSA could be a minor civ, as I thought americans would want to fight it rather than play as it.

Same with poland and HRE. Its ok if they are doomed to die as they are unplayable.

Lastly what would people think about a 'Chinese rebels' minor civ, to provide china with some opposition. Or even two major china civs?

Well you know I think it's fantastic x]

Looks like we have four clear winners.

Well, the CSA would be a fun Civ to play as, and they wouldaverage a war with the US every 20 years or so (I'm going by Harry Turtledove's Southern Victory timeline) In my opinion, the USA is a powerhouse without another nation to balance it (Canada is iffy) So I suggest a playable CSA. I like you China ideas also.

While the CSA would be fun to play as, it would slow down the game too much to be worth it. AND it's history was too short to put in the game. I'm definitely against it.

As a minor civ I think it might be good, and should be at permanent war with America. It should be fairly weak to ensure America's conquering of it, as well as strong enough to temporarily slow/stop/reverse the growth of America.

Sorry, I posted a quick post in the old thread before I realized it moved here, like an idiot. Some points on that map:

Remove Islamabad. It wasn't built until the 1960's (Don't know an exact date, but you get the picture). Also, and this admittedly minor, I don't think Kabul was ever "Khabul".
Put Islam in Delhi. 1500 is the age of the Mughals remember (why not start India with Kabul and Delhi to represent them, btw? They can conquer the independents.) Regardless, Delhi was ruled by Persianized Muslim Turks since around 1200 anyways.

The Mughal Empire did not control India until 1526. At 1450 C.E. The Delhi Sultanate was the ruling state in India.

I was voting for the Mughal Empire, the Delhi Sultanate represented by independents/minor civ. Why not just have the Mughal Empire be prone to vassalization to Britain? Then, when that happens, they change their name to the British Raj.

However, whatever works best, I suppose. Again, I think the player should be able to be a vassal, for more realistic starts.

If that is the case the Mudhal Empire should be independents and should all flip to the British Raj when it spawns. I think there should be at least one coastal city that is under direct British control.

I was just researching to find a good coastal city when I saw that British rule began as Company Raj, which was India under the control of the English East India Company. This begin in 1757 and til 1858 when the British Raj was established. Having the human player start as the Company Raj might make for a more fun game, and still keeping historically accurate.

The coastal city, which should be under British control, is Calcutta. While historically not a coastal city on the ocean, on Rhye's map it would be. Also Calcutta was the capital of the Company Raj and part of the British Raj. Besides that I believe that both England and France should be more willing to build cities there and fight in the 17th century. How about including a function in the mod which makes it so the spawning colony/civ is a vassal to the Europian country with the most cities in it? I am not a modder though so while it is easy to suggest things I have no idea if it is easy or possible.

That'd be cool Zagorath! :cool: Couldn't it be in the same way America's done in RAND or maybe RFC? I suppose I can't say, I, like you, have no modding experience. Even trying to download mods I get confused. :lol:

I also thought it was if I do say so myself :). Again it is easy to come up with crazy mod ideas when you don't have to do it yourself. I just think this helps create the atmosphere, and necessity, for the European powers to colonize the correct places. Therefor when the colony/civ spawns it would be theirs. This is also even historical since it requires the human player to create initial cities before the creation of the colonial government.

The Mughal Empire did not control India until 1526. At 1450 C.E. The Delhi Sultanate was the ruling state in India.

Yeah I know it wasn't EXACTLY 1500, but for CivIV purposes 1500 and 1526 are close enough aren't they?
By 1526, Babur controlled Kabul. What one could do is have a Mughal India start the game controlling Kabul, but with shaky stability if it doesn't capture Delhi soon, since India is its core territory.

I like the idea of having the East India Company as a playable Civ emerging in the 18th century in Calcutta.

The way I thought India was going to work...

Mughal Empire which disintegrates with the appearence of europe. Then later in the game India re-spawns as modern India. The negative stability points need to come from somewhere though...

As that empire goes into civil war the Europeans get colonising. Note - Leave Calcutta open for colonising (ie European city) so whoever gets there first will usually get India (or have as independent and flip when first European sights it). Instead of joining the independents revolting cities join a European power.

I think its a choice between the Raj or Mughals though. Unless you want 2 Indian civs...I'd prefer 2 Chinese civs than 2 Indian civs....I'd also prefer more than 34 total civs (or whatever the limit is) :p

Looking more into CSA...yea too short. If America needs slowing down I think its all up to the native americans now :p It is interesting whether to put new civs in based on which current ones would be too strong or as the "next biggest power" method...

Can you split India into Mughal with its core in the north, with the Maratha confederacy spawning around 1674 in the south west? Britain should own or have as an objective Calcutta

Top Bottom