Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.3

I think I'm stupid, because I can't play the mod : with the last Zip file and the SVN generated (twice on SourceForge), I can't play : the interface is not blocked (I can play any sort of game), and it don't finds the map (same bug on both versions). Maybe the screeshots will be more explicit, and I forgot to handling specific file(s) ? I only extract the mod in the right folder :/
Looks like you installed RFCA in ...\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS instead of ...\Program Files (x86)\...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods.

Nope, it's in the right folder :|
Maybe you have an installation advice or guide, because I'm really disappointed (and everyone who is talking about it like a good/great mod, it's very hard to endure for me ^^)

EDIT : It has worked with the v1.3 without any SVN or patch version on my brother's PC, now I have to test with the 1.3.2 patch and on my others PC (because I live in different houses, complex familial organization ^^)
- My own PC : not checked
- My brother's PC : works in 1.3 + 1.3.2 patch
- Familial PC : not checked

Last edited:
Nope, it's in the right folder :|
Maybe you have an installation advice or guide, because I'm really disappointed (and everyone who is talking about it like a good/great mod, it's very hard to endure for me ^^)

EDIT : It has worked with the v1.3 without any SVN or patch version on my brother's PC, now I have to test with the 1.3.2 patch and on my others PC (because I live in different houses, complex familial organization ^^)
- My own PC : not checked
- My brother's PC : works in 1.3 + 1.3.2 patch
- Familial PC : not checked
if you are using the svn version,the mod file name need to be changed from trunk rfca-um-code1 to RFCA(the wrong name will affect the mod loading path),then i guess it will work.

It seems that music was removed from the files.

Is there a reason why after a certain point you begin to lose stability every turn?
I am not sure, maybe if a civ lives far beyond its historical collapse date. How is your size and economy?

I am not sure, maybe if a civ lives far beyond its historical collapse date. How is your size and economy?

Both cases it was well after the civ collapse date, so I guess that makes sense. The economy and size were AFAIK fine—hadn’t been causing any problems until suddenly the tick down began.

I guess it makes sense, but I wish there was a way to indefinitely stave it off without Golden Ages.

It seems that music was removed from the files.

?? I do not see where the music files have been removed from the svn, 213. The music plays in game for me.

Both cases it was well after the civ collapse date, so I guess that makes sense. The economy and size were AFAIK fine—hadn’t been causing any problems until suddenly the tick down began.

I guess it makes sense, but I wish there was a way to indefinitely stave it off without Golden Ages.
I do know that certain civs receive penalties after spawns of later civs, and it does make sense that stability worsens free the traditional collapse date. For example, theZhou will receive a stability penalty for each successive Chinese civ at spawns (Qin, Han, Jin, Tang, Song...

?? I do not see where the music files have been removed from the svn, 213. The music plays in game for me.

I do know that certain civs receive penalties after spawns of later civs, and it does make sense that stability worsens free the traditional collapse date. For example, theZhou will receive a stability penalty for each successive Chinese civ at spawns (Qin, Han, Jin, Tang, Song...
where is the latest version? can you give me a link?

Note that you need Beyond the Sword v3.19 to play the modmod.

RFCA also has a SVN link:
"svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/rfca-unm/code1/trunk rfca-unm-code1"

If you are using tortoise svn, then this is the link you need to upload the RFCA folder. The latest revision is 213. The main download link is older and outdated (before absinthe made several updates).

If you are using tortoise svn, then this is the link you need to upload the RFCA folder. The latest revision is 213. The main download link is older and outdated (before absinthe made several updates).
I am sorry I still cant find the latest revision all I am seeing are things from 2014

The Tocharian "Route to China" UHV doesn't seem to be working. It just stays with "Not Yet" even if I had got a route to China in time or if I didn't get it in time. Has something about that UHV changed that isn't showing in-game?

It seems that the SVN version is unfortunately completely broken...
I didn't test all the revisions but the latest stable one seems to be the version 183, I'm not sure if the MoH is 100% working and if the Chinese revolts stability checks are working as intended but at least seems that all the UHVs are hitting correctly.

You don't have to make your own. Take the RFCA map, remove all specific RFCA elements (resources, terrain features, terrain types etc) and you will and up with the blank map you are looking for)

Just wanted to say thank you for making the game that made my teenage years!

Would anyone be interested in some flavor changes
I do not have many skills of a modder but I am thinking about the following

-changing some of the soundtrack
-adding ambient sounds (nature) that are Asia specific
-making sure that more leaders have unique texts, and maybe seeing if I can make the tech quotes more asia specific

What does everyone think?

I think the units I have made so far should be used in the mod. They are more historically accurate, and give a lot of good flavor to the civ in use. :)

Top Bottom