Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.3

I think the units I have made so far should be used in the mod. They are more historically accurate, and give a lot of good flavor to the civ in use. :)

Hmm
Could we put our ideas together

I am looking for more ambience and accuracy.

How can we organize it? Make new thread?

A general question: is this mod currently stable for play, or is it riddled with bugs like some other modmods? Is there any earlier version of the mod that is stable, even if it's not as feature-rich as the latest update?

I'm a huge fan of DOC, RFCE, and SOI, but I've never gotten around to trying out this game. Now I'm wondering what I might have missed. :)

I never used the public release, but if I remember correctly SVN revisions 177 and 178 were fine (@merijn_v1 made some commits afterwards that introduced some bugs that I'm not sure were ever fixed).

I've used the main download, and have played probably 3 games without any bugs.

TBH I have enjoyed playing all the main Rhye's & Fall modmods (DOC, RFCE, SOI, RFGW, RFA, & CW - though Classical World does have a bugs).

I've used the main download, and have played probably 3 games without any bugs.

TBH I have enjoyed playing all the main Rhye's & Fall modmods (DOC, RFCE, SOI, RFGW, RFA, & CW - though Classical World does have a bugs).
But is the Silk Road Working, I do not see it on my menu screen.

But is the Silk Road Working, I do not see it on my menu screen.

TBH I don't know how the silk road is meant to function to be able to say whether it is or is not functioning from the main download. None of Civs I have played have needed much interaction with it.

A question about the 2nd Harappan UHV: I've build all three wonders but the victory screen doesn't show that I've completed it. It still shows "not yet". Is this a bug?

A general question: is this mod currently stable for play, or is it riddled with bugs like some other modmods? Is there any earlier version of the mod that is stable, even if it's not as feature-rich as the latest update?

I'm a huge fan of DOC, RFCE, and SOI, but I've never gotten around to trying out this game. Now I'm wondering what I might have missed. :)

I actually started the mod-mods with RFCA, its an entirely different field from the others and I found it relentlessly enjoyable, when I started playing (more than ten years ago). Playing around China is worth it, because there is a 'Mandate of Heaven' System that allows you to compete for emperorship of China.

Does anyone know what songs are included in the soundtrack for this mod? They're all listed as 'archaic 01' or 'first empire 08', etc., but no information about composer or track title or album. I'm really enjoying the soundtrack, and I'd like to know where I can find more of this type of music :)

All right, I've ran pretty much every piece of music in the soundtrack through an 'identify songs'-type app, and I've identified almost all of them. Here are the ones I'm missing:

first empires 06.mp3
first empires 11.mp3
buddhist 09.mp3
buddhist 10.mp3
conquest 02.mp3
conquest 03.mp3
conquest 06.mp3
conquest 07.mp3
conquest 10.mp3
modern 04.mp3
modern 05.mp3
modern 07.mp3
modern 08.mp3
modern 09.mp3

I was really impressed by the selection and sheer variety of songs chosen. A few pieces from Ike Yoshihiro's 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI', a 'Treasures of Chinese Instrumental Music' anthology, and a few other collections, but out of the 44 tracks in the soundtrack I could identify (out of 56 total) I counted over 30 different albums or sources for the music. And a good balance of Chinese and Indian pieces, along with a few from the Central Asian steppe and SE Asia, though admittedly most tracks were either composed or arranged for modern instrumentation, even if 'traditional' in origin. Still, a very nice soundtrack overall.

Thanks for also looking over them,
I want to keep many of the tracks, but the modern era is especially where this falls flat, and I can hear cheap 90s sci fi shows asking for their music back. I also found a total lack of Korean/Japanese/Vietnamese music overall. Could have had more from Thailand as well.
I did, however, especially enjoy the First Empires completely, and if I make a new soundtrack Ill keep all of these for sure. As for the Indian tracks, I was looking for some replacements.

Top Bottom