Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.3

merijn_v1, I think your update the other day broke the Silk Road system - I'm not getting any yields despite having Tradeable Goods displayed in the Silk Road screen.

Do you have savegame?

EDIT:
The trade route displaying in the screen does not mean that trade route is automatically active. You have to activate the trade route first by clicking on icon of the trading partner civ. You should see a green tick mark in the 3rd column (camels and trade route) when the trade route is active.

Last edited:
Do you have savegame?

EDIT:
The trade route displaying in the screen does not mean that trade route is automatically active. You have to activate the trade route first by clicking on icon of the trading partner civ. You should see a green tick mark in the 3rd column (camels and trade route) when the trade route is active.

Here's a savegame and a picture of the python exceptions I'm getting.

Attachments

• RFCA Python Exception.png
    RFCA Python Exception.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 414
  • RFCA - Indo-Greeks.CivBeyondSwordSave
    213.2 KB · Views: 199
Here's a savegame and a picture of the python exceptions I'm getting.
This is only a missing [TAB] from one of the lines.
EDIT: ohh, I see this was already fixed a couple days ago.

Hi, I just want to make sure if there's an update to Burma's uhv after 1.4 where a stupa now requires 2 wats to build; does it mean now Burma must have 12 cities to build those 4 stupas?

Hi... has anyone tried the Zhou dynasty.. I have trouble getting their 2nd UHV. I have NO idea how can i get 5000 Culture by 224ish BCE. (I managed to get only about 1000 culture). The other 2 UHVs are super easy though.

Hi... has anyone tried the Zhou dynasty.. I have trouble getting their 2nd UHV. I have NO idea how can i get 5000 Culture by 224ish BCE. (I managed to get only about 1000 culture). The other 2 UHVs are super easy though.
Does culture bomb from Great Artists count?

Does culture bomb from Great Artists count?
Yes it counts... but i don't think i can even be able to generate a great artist. (I don't think i am capable of building a wonder + buildings that let me get an artists are too hard to research. The only thing i can think of building is the Guild's workshop which is way way over in Machinery tech.

Maybe there's another way idk?
If not, i think adding the abillities to have artists in Zhou's unique building (the library thingy) would solve this problem?

Yes it counts... but i don't think i can even be able to generate a great artist. (I don't think i am capable of building a wonder + buildings that let me get an artists are too hard to research. The only thing i can think of building is the Guild's workshop which is way way over in Machinery tech.

Maybe there's another way idk?
If not, i think adding the abillities to have artists in Zhou's unique building (the library thingy) would solve this problem?
Try the caste system civic.

Since AbsintheRed's 178 revision, Merijn has fixed numerous python bugs with the MoH screen, most civs starting with Printing which caused numerous stability issues because it forced civs into the Conquest Era, and more.

Revision 200 by me (my first commit is small XML changes)
-Added new marsh terrain from Blue Marble (unpacked)
-Updated XML for Marsh terrain (still needs bonus/penalty tweaking).
-Added Marsh terrain to both Scenario Maps (3000BC and 500AD), specifically southern China, along the Yangtze River, India, parts of SE Asia, etc.
-Changed almost every tech quote into one of Asian origin. Mostly Chinese and Japanese, with a few Indian, and Vietnamese quotes. (this took a lot of time and books).
-Added extra great people names.

Since AbsintheRed's 178 revision, Merijn has fixed numerous python bugs with the MoH screen, most civs starting with Printing which caused numerous stability issues because it forced civs into the Conquest Era, and more.

Revision 200 by me (my first commit is small XML changes)
-Added new marsh terrain from Blue Marble (unpacked)
-Updated XML for Marsh terrain (still needs bonus/penalty tweaking).
-Added Marsh terrain to both Scenario Maps (3000BC and 500AD), specifically southern China, along the Yangtze River, India, parts of SE Asia, etc.
-Changed almost every tech quote into one of Asian origin. Mostly Chinese and Japanese, with a few Indian, and Vietnamese quotes. (this took a lot of time and books).
-Added extra great people names.
Thanks a lot, hope it could be a limitation to China dynasties.

I noticed that I had lost all my earlier records of RFCA games after changing to a new computer. So I tried some games again and thought that some things were off compared to how I knew them.
- As Vietnam, you really need the productivity of Phien Ngung / Hangzhou for UHV #3, but the new Han and/or Tang conquerors are too strong to hold or reconquer it.
- Relating to post #307, the amount of Stupas for Burma UHV1 should be changed to 2 (given that you need 3 Wats to enable building one) or to 3 (if you change eligibility to 2 wats).
- Nanzhao has a different UP, but you needed the ealier one to achieve the religious diversity UHV. Especially Taoism is hard to come by. It rarely spreads and missionaries come way too late.
- Khmer needs help getting both Hinduism and Buddhism into Angkor early.
@Baron03 or @AbsintheRed Could you maybe still make adjustments, granted they are but minor?

Last edited:
There are still minor things to tend to, but I believe most of those are beyond my skill set (also, my computer died in January, but was resurrected to transfer data off so it is disconnected from the Internet). So Absinthe or Merijn_v1 might be able to help. At the very least they can code way more than I can.

The only new updates I had since then were a few more changed to the tech quotes. There were marsh terrain adjustments I needed to finish... However, I wanted to adjust Korea's spawn to be more historically accurate as well as splitting the Liao from the Jurchen; and including the Jin (post Wei) dynasty.

- Vietnam needs adjusting in a few ways: respawning too.
- The stupa/wat requirement could possibly be changed in a building XML file (the number needed for a stupa).
- There is probably a spread value somewhere in the python files for religion. Taoism is particularly low, with the moderate exceptions of China, Korea, and Japan.

There are still minor things to tend to, but I believe most of those are beyond my skill set (also, my computer died in January, but was resurrected to transfer data off so it is disconnected from the Internet). So Absinthe or Merijn_v1 might be able to help. At the very least they can code way more than I can.

The only new updates I had since then were a few more changed to the tech quotes. There were marsh terrain adjustments I needed to finish... However, I wanted to adjust Korea's spawn to be more historically accurate as well as splitting the Liao from the Jurchen; and including the Jin (post Wei) dynasty.

- Vietnam needs adjusting in a few ways: respawning too.
- The stupa/wat requirement could possibly be changed in a building XML file (the number needed for a stupa).
- There is probably a spread value somewhere in the python files for religion. Taoism is particularly low, with the moderate exceptions of China, Korea, and Japan.
In Jin(post Wei) Dynasty there should be more barbarian invade China from North.

And it would be great if the Three Kingdom Period(220-280) could be included into this mod, in fact, it could be advanced to 184ad(the the Yellow Turbans Uprising).

How would you represent that, short of maybe a fully-fledged Jin dynasty civ?
It could be a combination of the Three Kingdom Period, Jin Dynasty and the North and South Dynasties, from 184ad to Sui Dynasty, just like that in RFC Classical World. In that mod player can choose to be one of Wei Shu Wu, and unify whole China.

It could be a combination of the Three Kingdom Period, Jin Dynasty and the North and South Dynasties, from 184ad to Sui Dynasty, just like that in RFC Classical World. In that mod player can choose to be one of Wei Shu Wu, and unify whole China.

I like adding the idea of adding the Yellow Turban rebellion, but only as barbarian spawn or warring independent spawns throughout the Han (maybe only at Daoist cities or keep it historically accurate). I would prefer the Jin Dynasty to nor represent that. Maybe 220 at the earliest, but I prefer something a few turns later so they can start at Jiankang. The Han have a short duration through the game and low production, not to mention high maintenance.

To add to the Korea spawn: I would not recommend starting them at Pyongyang, rather two tiles north where Goguryeo began. They have to instead conquer an independent or Han Pyongyang. Besides, Korea wasn't unified until centuries later.

I would also want to give the Han the option to conquer Korea through a drafted army like the scripted event for southern china that each dynasty gets. Although that might be very complex for a small piece of history.

Top Bottom