Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

i just played a game on this mod and wow! it is better than civ4. it has the same features but more religions and civs. the governments are spectacular. My god Rhye! you should work at firaxis!

This is my all-time favourite mod, love the terrain! But only one thing- England should be pink, not red! That's the colour the British Empire appeared on all the maps...

No, I think red is the best color for England. If you are thinking about standard maps like from National Geographic or something those don't really have anything to due with the culture of those countries, its random. Red is very common in England's symbolism, their flag (red and white), their famous redcoats, the monarchy, etc.

Well, I just got cIV yesterday... I suppose I'll have figured it all out and start to get itching to get involved in some modding within a few months... Is there really something going on with RoC for cIV yet? Is there a thread I should head to?

not yet. All I have is a list of things "to do", and something already done (the terrain graphics).
But it's on hold. I will start a thread depending on how things on my side will evolve with both Firaxis and university.

btw what's your first impression of civ4? Do you think RoX really had something in common with it?

I don't know... Because I can't run the tutorial (see my thread in the Tech Help forum) and I hate reading the shoddily translated Hebrew manual I haven't really gotten a good handle on everything going on in the game... I still feel very lost when I play (even though it's a hell of a lot of fun).
The only thing that was so much in common that I didn't even notice it was the archer line's role. I needed no adjustment whatsoever from my many hours of RoX to Civ4 in that respect. As to the rest, that is yet to be seen.

Okay, I have played several hours more now and I distinctly miss the real-world feel of RoX... I assume there is a similarly arranged map of your making shipped with the game, right? Is it in as a mod? So far I seem unable to run mods, or at least the Tutorial mod, since the game tries to restart but instead just shuts down. Until I get that problem solved I guess I'm stuck.

EDIT: Oh, looks like that configuration is in as a scenario... I guess I'll try it out soon enough then... The mod problem is still a pain though, I'm thoroughly confused because of my lack of tutoring...

Meanwhile I've already played up to exactly 1000AD as Germany on Noble on the world map thingy...
I'm quite shocked by how few civs appear on this map... I kept expecting them to pop up through the magic of scripting but I haven't seen that happen even once so far. What gives?

EDIT: Okay, I can't load Greek World either. It works a tiny bit better than with Tutorial - I get to press "ok" myself on the "must restart message" instead of the game just disappearing after a jiffy.
It looks on the second opening screen as though there is some dialog in the middle - there's a rectangle of displaced graphics that moves slightly when I click to go to the next opening screen.
I'll try and take a screenshot.

EDIT2: Alrighty then, here's a screenie. When I click, everything but the displaced rectangle moves up or down by a few pixels (don't remember what way and obviously couldn't measure by how many).

there's no magic of scripting on that map....it's a bare map, not a mod.

about your issue....it seems strange. Try to create a mod (just a folder with a name, the ini with the same name, and just an XML or whatever) and run it.

I'll try tomorrow... I'm afraid if I turn cIV on now only sunrise will get me out of it. I've done almost nothing but play all day.

Okay, how exactly do I create a mod?
And more importantly, does the game ship with anything where you have the world map and all the civs on it?
If there isn't, one should be made, where only a few civs are there at the start and the rest appear over time using scripts... It would be cool if a certain area suddenly gets a nationality in all the cities there which quickly grows until cities switch to the new nation. The problem would be playing those civs.

looks the mods subfolder and use them as an example. It's very similar to Civ3. There's only a .ini file

About the world with all civs on it, go to the civ4 maps forum and download rhyes world map...
About the script...it's one of the ideas for RoC

Well, it should take me a few days longer to finish my current game but after that I'll definately check it out. [EDIT: Though, with the memory drain I'm seeing, maybe I should stick with smaller Terra maps with less civs for a while.]
I'll try the fake mod thingy later today, I have some stuff to do before I get back into the game.

I just installed this mod. I got an error message,

"Art\Units\Worker\.. \WorkerModernTimes\WorkerModernCapture.wav"

I'm not gonna bullfeathers you, I have no idea what I'm doing. For a couple days I've been trying to get a mod to work. Now I'm 0 for 3 days, I could use some help. I really want to play this mod.
Deo Vindice,
-Paladin

I don't know if that's the problem, but the mod must be extracted to the exact right place for it to work. I don't remember what exactly that place is but it's probably on the FAQ. =X

Q Paladin said:
I just installed this mod. I got an error message,

"Art\Units\Worker\.. \WorkerModernTimes\WorkerModernCapture.wav"

I'm not gonna bullfeathers you, I have no idea what I'm doing. For a couple days I've been trying to get a mod to work. Now I'm 0 for 3 days, I could use some help. I really want to play this mod.

I believe it means that unit is supposed to have that particular wav. file for that action (worker getting captured). If you cant find it... I recommend just deleting the need for the wav. file. Go to the worker folder, find the worker.ini file and open it... under sounds fine capture and just delete and wav. file it says it needs.
If you dont know how to do that, reply and I (or someone else) will try to give a more detailed instruction.

First though, ensure that you installed the mod correctly. You will want to fix this, its a great mod.

Top Bottom