Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Here again!

I would like to report here how things are with this "variation" of Rhye's.
Yesterday I went on with it:

In America, I gave the Maya in Central Am. the chance to expand into north of South Am. with 2 cities (no. 4. and 5.) and even down along the west of the Andes a bit. I hope it means equal empire size for the 3 American civs and that the Maya meet the southern Incas soon, as well as they meet Iroquois in the North - all in all: a quicker tech development in America (I wish that).

I took the advice and gave Carthage 2 free biremes. Changed it to transport 2 units! This way they use it! :), and settle into the Iberian penninsula. Rome also gets one bireme... (bireme cannot be built by the civs, though)

I work hard to get Rome to settle Greek land quick. So far with horses as bait I succeed to lure them into the Balkan with the 3. city but not south enough :(
I put barbs into Pannonia to set apart Scandinavia and Rome, this area is to be settled later, with cities no. 5 or 6.

I gave Mongolia a better land chance in Siberia and north of Gobi desert (cattles and grassland tiles to settle) -
in order that they keep pace with China.

Lots of barbs in the north of Babylonian territory to slow down their expansion in that direction (north of Black Sea).

IMPORTANT
Made desert impassable for wheeled units. Maybe the AI builds roads through...
I want to keep Carthage on the Mediterranean shore
and Ethipia in mid-Africa plus Nile.
Arabia to be settled in later phase now.

I changed ancient settler cost to 100 from 120 so to make history dates more real and have a chance for ancient age AI wars - most likely around the Mediterranean area or in Europe. :)

I have the right graphics for almost every unit civ specificly

Rhye, is there a black African spearman unit? I cannot find it...

I will put up a new BIQ in Thursday or Friday.
My plans are in the coming days:
- to lessen the amount of resources
- to change terrain so that each civ has kind of the same quality of area for about 7 cities, which I plan to be the OCN.
- to give 2-3 UUs to civs
- to tweak around with barbs so that civs have the kind of same "speed" in the expansion phase

Rhye, where can I set the result of goody huts?

Maybe I will start a thread with this 11 civ version...

->the black spearmen is alone, above the other spearmen

->the result is the starting unit #1 from general settings

->please don't open a new thread so that's easier for all of us to look what you're doing and answer more quickly.

should this black sperman be something like

"RTPO_Spearman5"? I do not find such, with "5" (5 is for blacks, I found many with others).
I found a "...BarbarianS" - is that a one specifically for barbs?

Rhye said:
Civ4 è parecchio lontano, si parla d'inizio 2006.
Per adesso c'è Aeon che sta facendo uno scenario su ascesa e caduta dell'impero spagnolo, usando la mia mappa e un po' di roba del mod...se vuoi, lui ha bisogno d'aiuto.

Altrimenti, rimane qualcosa da fare per completare la documentazione del mod.
Se non hai visto il sito, dacci un'occhiata
http://rhyesciv.uw.hw
In particolare c'è la strategy page
http://rhyesciv.uw.hw/strategy.html
che necessita qualche altro contributo per quanto riguarda le guide al mod - specifiche della civiltà.
Per ora ci sono solo Inghilterra, Arabia e Incas.
Potresti provare a scriverne qualcuna per civiltà che hai provato ad usare...
oppure modificare quelle vecchie per RoC (il mod non espanso). Per quello, la gente scrisse un bel po' di guide (roma, grecia, russia, germania, cina, persia, turchia, austria, cartagine, olanda, bisanzio), e ora chiaramente le ho tolte dal sito perché vanno aggiornate.
Se vuoi farlo te, posso postartele o mandartele per mail. Vanno solo modificate per adattarle all'espansione. Per farlo devi tener conto della 2a unità unica in primo luogo, e anche delle religioni o di eventuali modifiche.
L'altra volta ci sono andato nel sito,ma semplicemente per vedere le istruzioni di installazione.Magari prima fare delle guide dovrei saperne di più,credo che guarderò meglio il sito.
Nel frattempo io avevo pensato qualcosa a livello di economie e scambi commerciali,nonché di istituzioni,poiché sono cose per ora più alla mia portata dato che le studio.Per esempio nel caso della Spagna Aeon potrebbe inserire come risorsa gli agrumi..Ma purtroppo non so come fare ad inserirle nel gioco.
In poche parole,ho qualche idea ma non so come applicarle direttamente al gioco :cry:

Rhye, can you explain me why the AI does not want to build scouts as American civs? No Chasqui, no Jag Warioir (changed to scout), no nothing :(
(I badly want them connect soon)

I think civs around the Mediterranean will have ancient UU (legionary vs. berserk, for example, and the far-east civs will have UU with Chivalry, as they are to get into war around that time... Same with Africa and America (beside the spec. scouts)...

oh, and thanks for the african barb, I will use that anim.

Hm, maybe I should change sg. with the AI build order with the Am. civs? :)

nik_sa said:
L'altra volta ci sono andato nel sito,ma semplicemente per vedere le istruzioni di installazione.Magari prima fare delle guide dovrei saperne di più,credo che guarderò meglio il sito.
Nel frattempo io avevo pensato qualcosa a livello di economie e scambi commerciali,nonché di istituzioni,poiché sono cose per ora più alla mia portata dato che le studio.Per esempio nel caso della Spagna Aeon potrebbe inserire come risorsa gli agrumi..Ma purtroppo non so come fare ad inserirle nel gioco.
In poche parole,ho qualche idea ma non so come applicarle direttamente al gioco :cry:

Va aggiunta la risorsa nel BIQ e va aggiunta l'icona in resource.pcx, poi va modificato il pediaicons e la civilopedia.
Ma che t'importa, tanto lo fa Aeon. Basta che glielo dici. (ma una bonus resource, immagino, vero?)

Allora fammi sapere poi se vuoi fare qualche guida da zero oppure aggiornare quelle vecchie

Problem is with my 11 version.
I believe I set Incans and Mayans as Expansionist (among others) but they don't build their unique scout units...

Oh and another thing:
Yesterday I built a wall as Zulu and saw NO graphical representation of it around the city! :(

Rhye said:
Va aggiunta la risorsa nel BIQ e va aggiunta l'icona in resource.pcx, poi va modificato il pediaicons e la civilopedia.
Ma che t'importa, tanto lo fa Aeon. Basta che glielo dici. (ma una bonus resource, immagino, vero?)

Allora fammi sapere poi se vuoi fare qualche guida da zero oppure aggiornare quelle vecchie
Io vorrei fare in modo da suddividere le risorse in generi (agricole,animali,minerarie..) e che ognuna abbia la possibilità di essere esportata o importata (per esempio:perché la canna da zucchero non dovrebbe essere un bene esportabile?).
Inoltre mi sarebbe piaciuto inserire il regionismo, in modo da arrivare ad una forma di governo che ancora non ho visto in civ (il federalismo).
Infine dovrebbero esserci più risorse.Non si potrebbe fare in modo di dividere i "quadratini di gioco" in triangoli?Pensi che dovrei dire queste cose ad Aeon.

V. Soma said:
Hi! Here again!

I work hard to get Rome to settle Greek land quick. So far with horses as bait I succeed to lure them into the Balkan with the 3. city but not south enough :(
I put barbs into Pannonia to set apart Scandinavia and Rome, this area is to be settled later, with cities no. 5 or 6.

[/I]

Place goody hats popping out villages ?

Hrafnkell said:
I did also note that the Ottomans started in Anatolia, which explains the Hittites being removed, but if the Ottomans had been assigned a starting location around the Aral Sea, their historic point of origin, that would have freed up Anatolia for the Hittites, whom I do miss as one of my favorite races. Since the Jewish state never occupied more than a single square of a map of this scale, I think the Hittites would have been the better choice, IMHO.

what you say is true about Turks, not Ottomans.
In regular civ3, ottomans capital is Isanbul. This means that civ creators intended to represent the Ottoman dynasty, in Anatolia.
Now, since Istanbul is occupied by Byzantium, I moved them to their place of origin (Sogut)

Hi!

Things progressed yesterday, each of the 11 civ has area to found 6-8 cities without too much trouble.

Rome: well, I have to accept that the AI goes first for the northern Balkan and claims Greece only with cities no. 6-7. Either that, or Babylon does this, but most likely it goes for Rome.

Now I plan to arrange terrain so that the first 5 likely cities give kind of the same economy for the civs.
EDIT:
(that is: take the best 5 tiles around and see the amount of food and shields and gold with irr/mine, also, see the best 3 tiles in close zone without terraforming - the 5 and the 3 tiles version should give the same output for the civs for each city in the sequence, i.e. the same for the 2nd Roman and Scandinavian city, for instance)

other ideas (let's discuss):

American civs should be even stronger in shields and money, so they can have the speed of the Eoru/Asia zone in development.
Zulu and China should have lots of money to buy techs from Ethiope and Babylon (they have contacts), respectively.

I yet have to make the AI to do the following:

a: Mongol scouting to west to get connections in late ancient/early middle age era (maybe a horse scout, instead of horseman?)
b: Americans to do scouting to each other (I got it: they will not have warrior but the scouts instead available! - maybe the same way for Zulu)

city names:

I plan to give new names, considering that the civs now represent whole regions.
Question: what era should I prefer when of names? I say it should be not too modern but historically significant... Should I just pool cities? e.g.: Scandinavia now represents Germany, Russia, the Dutch etc. - so a mixture of names? but then instead of Scandinavia something more general should be the name of the civ. - ehh, not easy...

but I love this whole stuff! :)

Rhye,
Considering the "what unit may come out of the goody hut":
you mentioned general settings, in it: is it the "1. starting unit" you thought of (in the right of the screen)?

Rhye said:
mm. si può fare poco. Le risorse devono rientrare sempre nelle 3 tipologie bonus/luxuty/strategic. Te vorresti portare tutte le bonus come luxury quindi? Questo volendo è fattibile
Si, in modo che possano essere importate ed esportate,per un maggiore numero di scambi commerciali.Forse così il gioco sarebbe ancora più realistico

V. Soma said:
Hi!

Question: what era should I prefer when of names? I say it should be not too modern but historically significant... Should I just pool cities? e.g.: Scandinavia now represents Germany, Russia, the Dutch etc. - so a mixture of names? but then instead of Scandinavia something more general should be the name of the civ. - ehh, not easy...
but I love this whole stuff! :)

Hmm, name civ by areas ? (South Europian (Rome), North European (Sacndinavia) South Mediterranean (Crathage), North African culture (Ethiopean), South African (Zulu) , Mesopatamian (Babilon), North , Mesoamerican, South American, Central Asian (mongol), East Asian (China). And cities by mix of names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom