Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay i'm posting in the famous thread..., as for an actual comment, have you thought of doing a UU for each age? I'm sure each age, a particular civ did something remarkable that set it apart from the rest?

Maybe the only exception being Israel, who technically only had a country in Ancient and Modern age...but i figure a better Caravan in the Medieval Age and a better worker/settler for them in the industrial age might make some sense...

Or do you think it'd be too hard...at least balancing wise. :)

i like the idea of the multiplayer game, but at GMT+8, or however far east we are here in Oz, i doubt I'm going to find any time to match y'all, except at work (which my boss probably wont approve of ;) ) PBEM sounds like a better alternative.

That said, speaking only for myself, they say those who cant do teach, so as one of the strategy guide writers, i fully expect you expert players to hand me my hat!

i say leave the 11 civs in and let people choose. open territories will create varying dynamics game to game.

EW

Woah! We built a famous thread?! Forget the mod, we have a THREAD! ;p

Each civ does have 2 UUs... thats pretty much as close as you really need to get. Four UUs (some of them imaginary) are just excessive and would result in unit duplication and crowding... both of which we are dangerously close to even now with this stripped down beauty ;p

So thas that haha

@Guardian:

What version of Civ do you have?
What patch are you running your version with?
*If you do not have Civ3 Conquests with the latest patch (1.22 I think) then you need to get both of those things before you can play!*
Are you playing with an English Language version?
-If not, what language?
Did you place the files into your Conquests scenarios file?
Did you change the names of any of the files you installed?
Did you overwrite anything?
-If you did, what was it?

See if any of those questions set you on the right track.

I have a question, all you master modders...

I am working on a European Map (140X140 with 27 civs...not my map) using Rhye's 2.69 rules, and have hit a snag. While adding civs in (Namely the Celts, Picts and reinserting the Hittites and Sumerians) I can't seem to get the correct portrait on the diplomacy page. The units are easy to add, the leaderheads are all correct...just can't get the diplo page leaderhead right. For instance, I replaced the Chinese with the Celts, so while Brennus is the leaderhead while in diplomacy, Mao still appears on the F4 diplomacy page.

a little help please?

Barak said:
I have a question, all you master modders...

I am working on a European Map (140X140 with 27 civs...not my map) using Rhye's 2.69 rules, and have hit a snag. While adding civs in (Namely the Celts, Picts and reinserting the Hittites and Sumerians) I can't seem to get the correct portrait on the diplomacy page. The units are easy to add, the leaderheads are all correct...just can't get the diplo page leaderhead right. For instance, I replaced the Chinese with the Celts, so while Brennus is the leaderhead while in diplomacy, Mao still appears on the F4 diplomacy page.

a little help please?

that's the pcx inside \art\advisors. Try to find its entry inside pediaicons.txt

Portuguese said:
Never test the mighty of Port ;)

And you should never test the mightly of Greece :p Better if I shut up, the wound is still open, heh? :mischief:

Portuguese said:
BTW, what is that Age of Mythology? Sounds interesting...

A real time strategy game. Like command&conquer. But you can advance in 4 ages and can choose between 9 gods (3 greek, 3 egyptian, 3 norse).

some screenshots
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpagesscreens/476277.asp

Portuguese said:
(Have been out due to excess of real life stuff, like ending degree and so :( )

oh, how's hard the university student's life :sad:

Xineoph said:
Yay i'm posting in the famous thread..., as for an actual comment, have you thought of doing a UU for each age? I'm sure each age, a particular civ did something remarkable that set it apart from the rest?

Maybe the only exception being Israel, who technically only had a country in Ancient and Modern age...but i figure a better Caravan in the Medieval Age and a better worker/settler for them in the industrial age might make some sense...

Or do you think it'd be too hard...at least balancing wise. :)

Great, the thread is more famous than the mod now :goodjob:

Anyway, I thank you but I decline for 2 reasons:

1) the development of the is over, after more than an year.

2) what UU would you give to the ancient America? It is clear, you can't. And if you give UUs only to existing civs, you create an advantage for them

Aeon221 said:
@Guardian:

What version of Civ do you have?
What patch are you running your version with?
*If you do not have Civ3 Conquests with the latest patch (1.22 I think) then you need to get both of those things before you can play!*
Are you playing with an English Language version?
-If not, what language?
Did you place the files into your Conquests scenarios file?
Did you change the names of any of the files you installed?
Did you overwrite anything?
-If you did, what was it?

See if any of those questions set you on the right track.

I wonder why nobody ever looks at the FAQs :sad:

The Guardian said:
NP_all.pcx not found on my comp.
Advisor folder only contain science advisor pcx's

Is that the
..\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization\art\Advisors
-folder, or the
..\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization X\art\Advisors
-folder? They should be in the first folder. The latter only contains the science advisor pcx's.

HOOOOOOOLY **** RHYE!

Your whole mod is so big. I was looking through the windows XP add/remove program, then I saw Rhyes of Civilization, 2,331 MB!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS SO HUGE! THE FILE SIZE IS BIGGER THEN CIVILIZATION 3 ITSELF!

Rhye said:
Great, the thread is more famous than the mod now :goodjob:

Anyway, I thank you but I decline for 2 reasons:

1) the development of the is over, after more than an year.

2) what UU would you give to the ancient America? It is clear, you can't. And if you give UUs only to existing civs, you create an advantage for them

1. So basically no updates...unless the updates are major or lots of minor ones i suppose. =\

2. Technically you could be creative in the process..., maybe a scout for them as well? to represent lewis and clark? and the brave new settler for the medieval age...to um... eh... eh w/e creativity is the key to success. :)

I'm sure i could think of something, given enough time. But if you decline using Aeon's post, i suppose that is fair as well.

Found it! After reloading several times, finally got it. I think the prob was with the rar extractor. I wasn't getting a complete extraction apparently. Switched to winrar and install went smooth. Sorry I wasted so much time but I love this mod and hated the thought of not having it on my new comp. Thanks again for bearing with me.

Nooble said:
HOOOOOOOLY **** RHYE!

Your whole mod is so big. I was looking through the windows XP add/remove program, then I saw Rhyes of Civilization, 2,331 MB!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS SO HUGE! THE FILE SIZE IS BIGGER THEN CIVILIZATION 3 ITSELF!

:lol: :lol: :lol: there must something wrong, how could a 160MB installer explode into 2,3 GB?

I think it's something to do with the way Windows counts the size of an installed program. I highly doubt the mod itself is anywhere near that large.

I think Windows (or the installer tells Windows to) just look at the size of the parent folder - Civilization III. 2.3 GB matches the size of my civ-folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom