1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's of the Prince

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by randomScrubX, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kitrak

kitrak Chieftain

hey randomscrubx

tried this out, but still having same statue of liberty problem with the mod.
    :sad:
    rele wanna get this mod to work so that i can play it - it sounds rele gd.

appreciate any help.

2. CEO Daedalus

CEO Daedalus Gibsoneer

Scrub, another question, why did you pin this mod on Rhye when solely you made this, I falsely accused Rhye for it.

I know the topic is dead, but, curious, yes :mischief: .

3. CEO Daedalus

CEO Daedalus Gibsoneer

Answer to Question 1--I particually don't like future units in a standard historical game, but thats just me speaking.

Answer to Question 2--Not a bad idea, though I normally struggle building a decent navy :sad:

Answer to Question 3--Artillery no upkeep, bad move. Population cost for each unit, another.

And finally, Generally, it may seem you added alot of content as a mod, but you didn't add much if you took Rhye's normal mod and fixed it up a bit.

Oh yes, I pretty much agree with SWalker about the pollution, I could barely reach pop 12 with all of this pollution. Isnt it enough for buildings to produce pollution, i mean, if you want more in the game, add more industrial improvements.

P.S. I got my modpartner (and best friend :D) Jon to play the mod, he found the mod mediocre too.

4. randomScrubX

randomScrubX Chieftain

astute, gb2gbs

Now to answer your question. My mod is built up from a mod that Rhye engineered so I wanted to give something back, seeing as he indirectly helped me (more or less). Besides, it's free advertising for him, if anyone liked my mod they'd check out his mod as I included all of the links to his mod. It's cross promotion. My apologies to Rhye if he was offended and/or cares.

If anyone still cares about an upgrade based on the feedback I received then pipe in. If enough people care I might be motivated enough to make your dreams come true, and fix the mod :lol:. Thanks to everyone who had something useful and constructive to say. I am deeply grateful for your comments and all of the hard work done by the mod makers at Civilization fanatics. I have enjoyed the vast majority of mods I have downloaded from here. See you at some indefinite point in the future.
    :thanx: :thanx: :thanx:

5. jiikoo

jiikoo Chieftain

Where are the files now?

6. randomScrubX

randomScrubX Chieftain

I can upload them again if you want.

7. geminisama

geminisama Resident Batman

Is there anyway to play this, through slight modification, or something, without that...wooden fence border? The mod looks good, but that's kinda putting me off from dling. >.>

8. randomScrubX

randomScrubX Chieftain

It's very easy to remove the border. Delete (preferably rename) Territory.pcx in Mod Location/art/Terrain

9. jiikoo

jiikoo Chieftain

Yes, please do that.

10. randomScrubX

randomScrubX Chieftain

I have already re-released it. See the first page in the thread for a link.