RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

I figure that those tiles are actually not fallout, the random event just modifies the food values for that specific tile. I always assumed that by "fallout" the game means "Hell terrain" but I've never had the chance to try that out, since all the games I've played that didn't crash before getting the Infernals/high enough AC to have Hell terrain I've had no Life mana.

Would be kinda nice if it did something like that instead though. The Goblin event is so annoying since it can't be reverted.

Really? Cause I actually have a tile with a faint orange glow in my Grigori game and when you highlight over it, it says it's fallout...

-Moosh

Actually, the goblin event creates the orange glow and the tolltip over the affected tile says 'fallout' - that's why I thought the Sanctify spell would help for it... (the save above demonstrates this, both tiles in my borders were caused by two separate goblin events.)

EDIT: since you're intimimately more familiar with the coding and mechanics than I am, I'm guessing I misunderstood and you were saying the Goblin event's 'fallout' is caused by a different mechanic than that normally healed by Sancify?

I have never seen an orange glow or gotten a fallout tooltip from that event. And I also get it waaaaay more than I should.

Hello. This problem was reported by 'pupu' some time ago, but I think he was ignored. And I have the same problem: when I hit the end turn button, the game waits for other players forever.

I have another one:

I'm having an strange issue; I don't know if this is a known bug, but it's not mencioned. The names and civpedia descriptions of Camilon Jivorn and Xivan T'nava (nice zelda track there btw ;)) are shown as "/". The same happens to some other units, including the amurite archmage, with also a /. There is more lesser info missing around, not in the civilopedia, but in the game itself (resources info to be accurate, the probabilities of spreading and finding more aren't shown in the deployable menus when putting the cursor over them).

I've reinstalled the mod twice with no effects, and re-downloaded it. The same with the patch. Tried a clean install also.

Perhaps it is something wrong in my own pc's OS. I've been trying to solve this issue for three days. I'll post the solution in this very reply if I find out, just in case there is someone else with this problem.

Despite this, nice modmodmod ;).

Hello. This problem was reported by 'pupu' some time ago, but I think he was ignored. And I have the same problem: when I hit the end turn button, the game waits for other players forever.

I have another one:

I'm having an strange issue; I don't know if this is a known bug, but it's not mencioned. The names and civpedia descriptions of Camilon Jivorn and Xivan T'nava (nice zelda track there btw ;)) are shown as "/". The same happens to some other units, including the amurite archmage, with also a /. There is more lesser info missing around, not in the civilopedia, but in the game itself (resources info to be accurate, the probabilities of spreading and finding more aren't shown in the deployable menus when putting the cursor over them).

I've reinstalled the mod twice with no effects, and re-downloaded it. The same with the patch. Tried a clean install also.

Perhaps it is something wrong in my own pc's OS. I've been trying to solve this issue for three days. I'll post the solution in this very reply if I find out, just in case there is someone else with this problem.

Despite this, nice modmodmod ;).

What language are you using?

There were some modmods that were merged (Namely, Iceciro's, who created those two leaders) that were rather lazy with text; non-english entries were simply given a /.

If you give me a list, I'll work on fixing it; For now, switch to the english language version.

Switched :). It works now. I'll give you a list of pedia entries with / if you want it. My language is spanish btw, and precisely I was the spanish translator in FFH2.

But the never ending waiting for other players is still there. The only solution I found there is to create another game :rolleyes:. Not a solution but... I think it happened to me a pair of years ago with the vanilla FFH2 mod too. I don't know what causes it.

View attachment newerebus2.CivBeyondSwordSave

There is the savegame in case you want to check out.

Very glad to hear about the a soon release of a new version... and, PLEASE, make the game more stable. I had a real nice game with malakim and it crashed again - in late game. I can't figure out any trigger, nothing special was happening, just four of my camel-archers being attacked by spiders. I really like your mod, but I never ever had the chance to finish a game, it always crashes. The only stable modmod is orbis. Wild Mana also crashes... but not as often as yours:cry: I did a clean redownload, reinstall, patch etc. several times, but it's always the same. And: my computer is not the problem - newest stuff.

When will be the release?

Greez,

Tschuggi

Not sure if you've changed it yet as I've read you've done some changes to the Grigori, but their world spell is still in place from when they got their adventurers via GP. So, when I casted it, I was overwhelmed with GP! Hehe. Unfortunately, my Adventurer counter was still at 280. :(

-Moosh

Not sure if you've changed it yet as I've read you've done some changes to the Grigori, but their world spell is still in place from when they got their adventurers via GP. So, when I casted it, I was overwhelmed with GP! Hehe. Unfortunately, my Adventurer counter was still at 280. :(

-Moosh

It's still in place, haven't changed it. Have some ideas, but overall it's still fitting for the lore, even if it's original intention is now null.

Just played my first game as the Archos, and apart from the excessive spider growth which is apparently adjusted in 1.3, the only thing would be; does the Greater Textus promotion do anything? It has no listed effects and I couldn't see any change when I took it.

not openminded for constructive criticism, valkrionn...?

I just forgot to reply. ;)

Very glad to hear about the a soon release of a new version... and, PLEASE, make the game more stable. I had a real nice game with malakim and it crashed again - in late game. I can't figure out any trigger, nothing special was happening, just four of my camel-archers being attacked by spiders. I really like your mod, but I never ever had the chance to finish a game, it always crashes. The only stable modmod is orbis. Wild Mana also crashes... but not as often as yours:cry: I did a clean redownload, reinstall, patch etc. several times, but it's always the same. And: my computer is not the problem - newest stuff.

When will be the release?

Greez,

Tschuggi

It is far more stable, and will even be more stable in Multiplayer. It is also faster, more modmod friendly, and more balanced. Honestly, if not for the half-finished barb system sitting there, I'd be tempted to release it right now; Everything else could come as patches. However, I flat out can't release without that finished. And to finish it, I need to wait on Snarko's work, as he modified something else concerning Lairs.

Just played my first game as the Archos, and apart from the excessive spider growth which is apparently adjusted in 1.3, the only thing would be; does the Greater Textus promotion do anything? It has no listed effects and I couldn't see any change when I took it.

Yep, Archos have been adjusted to take all the spiders into account, same way the Doviello now consider more animals in their mechanic.

Greater Textus changes the unit to a Beast, and allows the Venemous Web spell rather than the Web spell... Damages units, as well as slowing them.

I did a search, and it didn't come up with anything similar, so...

It's only a minor bug, but with both mana guardians and diakonos enabled for custom games, the diakonos seem to be targeting the guardians a lot with their 'lost' spell (can't remember the name) so they frequently end up guarding... well, nothing. (Though it is amusing to see a random champion guarding those verrrry valuable deserts, it vaguely defeats the point of the guardians...)
Magic resistance built into the 'held' promotion? I altered the promotion, and it seems to be working so far...
Also, great modmod... can't wait for 1.3 to be uploaded :)

Top Bottom