RifE 1.20 Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Jotnar forts has a soecial unit, Herredcarl or something. Once this fort commander is a certain level, it can be upgraded for 200g to Hurler, provided the Jotnar has the tech allowing it. The special and possibly OP thing with this Hurler is that he keeps the no-maintenance promotion. This means a player can spam forts and over time build a huge army of Hurlers assuming gold isnt a limit. This is a way for Jotnar to bypass the few-but-strong drawback of the civ, as long as the economy allows it.

Is this intended?

Influence should go away...it isn't?

Is the spider spawn (the upgraded one from giant spider) really suppose to have that kind of absurd number of strength (12)?. With that number at turn 20, you can easilly go and kill any AI civilization you can possibly find.

With the new White Hand religion...isn't the ritual of the white hand little too much..? Illians were given 3 hyper priests because of lack of normal religion and priests... now they have both. I tried them and I think those 3 unique priests should be removed. Let the ritual only found religion.

With the new White Hand religion...isn't the ritual of the white hand little too much..? Illians were given 3 hyper priests because of lack of normal religion and priests... now they have both. I tried them and I think those 3 unique priests should be removed. Let the ritual only found religion.

I may end up weakening them back down, but remember, the ritual is just a shortcut to the religion. Others can beat them to it, in which case they still get something from it in the form of the priests.

I may end up weakening them back down, but remember, the ritual is just a shortcut to the religion. Others can beat them to it, in which case they still get something from it in the form of the priests.

Yeah, this shortcut is obvious and I think let it only for religion. Do you want this religion early? Ok, build ritual. You may end with religion, or nothing...but you have your advantage. It's really an advantage...or for example Khazad should have ritual for RoK...:)
Idea- Move those priests to 2nd religious tech!

Is the spider spawn (the upgraded one from giant spider) really suppose to have that kind of absurd number of strength (12)?. With that number at turn 20, you can easilly go and kill any AI civilization you can possibly find.

Two things are gonna happen next patch:

1. The animals are getting the benefit of another round of testing and feedback. Some will be nerfed. Others will be stronger.

2. The pokemon strategy will be heavily nerfed. Captured animals will have their uses, but they will not be replacements for normal units.

Two things are gonna happen next patch:

1. The animals are getting the benefit of another round of testing and feedback. Some will be nerfed. Others will be stronger.

2. The pokemon strategy will be heavily nerfed. Captured animals will have their uses, but they will not be replacements for normal units.

Rats, I had TWO gimendous Thunder Lizards in my last game and they were the only thing that let me survive against the stacks of doom sent over and over again by the Archos.

Maybe there should be a civ that COULD capture and use Animals as their main units?

Maybe it is a little over the top with the Spider Swarms and Raptor Packs you can get early on, but as I have said before, AI expansion is a lot slower in my games now, and I really enjoyed the ride.

Take your time on that patch...never thought I would write that!:D

The fort mechanics that allows a lvl 5 fort commander to build a city for 100g enables the AI (and the player) to place cities next to each other, and the AI does it.

The fort mechanics that allows a lvl 5 fort commander to build a city for 100g enables the AI (and the player) to place cities next to each other, and the AI does it.

That should be blocked for all but the Jotnar... But I'll be adding a pyReq to it which checks for a city within 3 plots (3 as, like I said, it's for the Jotnar. Bigger radiuses)

Rats, I had TWO gimendous Thunder Lizards in my last game and they were the only thing that let me survive against the stacks of doom sent over and over again by the Archos.

Maybe there should be a civ that COULD capture and use Animals as their main units?

Maybe it is a little over the top with the Spider Swarms and Raptor Packs you can get early on, but as I have said before, AI expansion is a lot slower in my games now, and I really enjoyed the ride.

Take your time on that patch...never thought I would write that!:D

What we're thinking is that captured animals will be weaker, standard ones are fine. Animals owned by the Doviello and the Archos (The two beast races) will be immune to the nerf, as it's done via a promotion we can quite easily block for them.

May or may not block it for just certain types of animals... Spiders/Scorpions for Archos, any animals the Doviello get to spawn for them. Easier to just make all animals immune, though. :lol:

Please, please, please nerf the sabertooths. 24 strength, 6-10 first strikes, invisible, and that's without promotions! I don't mind strong animals, but that's better than most heroes.

Wergs or Wargs might need adjustment too.

Hi,

I upgraded Tears to 1.20 and found some behavior which I do not know how to react to.

When Tears "absorb" a tile, its terraintype should change to bareland, which I do by using the setterraintype function from python.

It was working in 1.12, but now in 1.20, with the introduction of climate, the tile goes to frost/ice instead of bareland.
I created a new terrain class and climate zone, but to no apparent effect.

Where should I look so that my "absorbed" tiles stay the way they are ?

This is more of a question than a comment, but is there a way to remove wintered?

Also, if a unit is wintered and has a religion, I think it is being reborn multiple times, although this might be intended.

Hi,

I upgraded Tears to 1.20 and found some behavior which I do not know how to react to.

When Tears "absorb" a tile, its terraintype should change to bareland, which I do by using the setterraintype function from python.

It was working in 1.12, but now in 1.20, with the introduction of climate, the tile goes to frost/ice instead of bareland.
I created a new terrain class and climate zone, but to no apparent effect.

Where should I look so that my "absorbed" tiles stay the way they are ?

I'm not sure. I'll try to add a 'setClimateType' and 'changeClimateType' function to the DLL for the next version, though. The first would be a permanent change (And would be used in place of setTerrainType from here on out, I think. Climate change should update the correct terrain automatically.). The second would be a temporary change, and would start counting back to the original. I think the low-level terraforms would use this.... Upgrade the spell at Sun2 or Water2 to make it use the first call.

This is more of a question than a comment, but is there a way to remove wintered?

Also, if a unit is wintered and has a religion, I think it is being reborn multiple times, although this might be intended.

I believe dispel magic, or a priest heal.

I think they can get 2 units from one with Frozen Soul, as do Infernals. Need to move it to 1:1, like the Mercs.

I think they can get 2 units from one with Frozen Soul, as do Infernals. Need to move it to 1:1, like the Mercs.

Also, different players can get souls from each unit. If there somehow are two Mercurians in the game, a single Good unit dying will give both players Angels. I think it is the same with a Good-religion, Evil-Magic unit; both Mercurians and Infernal will get souls from a single such unit.

I'm not sure. I'll try to add a 'setClimateType' and 'changeClimateType' function to the DLL for the next version, though. The first would be a permanent change (And would be used in place of setTerrainType from here on out, I think. Climate change should update the correct terrain automatically.).

OK, more info for you:

in TerrainInfos.xml

Code:
		<TerrainInfo>
			<TerrainClass>[B][COLOR="Red"]TERRAINCLASS_RAW[/COLOR][/B]</TerrainClass>
			<Type>[COLOR="Red"][B]TERRAIN_RAW[/B][/COLOR]</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_TERRAIN_RAW</Description>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_TERRAIN_RAW_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_TERRAIN_RAW</ArtDefineTag>
			<Yields>
				<iYield>0</iYield>
				<iYield>0</iYield>
				<iYield>0</iYield>
			</Yields>
			<RiverYieldChange>
				<iYield>0</iYield>
				<iYield>0</iYield>
				<iYield>0</iYield>
			</RiverYieldChange>
			<HillsYieldChange/>
			<bWater>0</bWater>
			<bImpassable>0</bImpassable>
			<bFound>0</bFound>
			<bFoundCoast>0</bFoundCoast>
			<bFoundFreshWater>0</bFoundFreshWater>
			<iMovement>2</iMovement>
			<iSeeFrom>1</iSeeFrom>
			<iSeeThrough>1</iSeeThrough>
			<iBuildModifier>100</iBuildModifier>
			<iDefense>-50</iDefense>
			<Button>Art/Interface\Buttons\WorldBuilder\Terrain_Desert.dds</Button>
						<bGraphicalOnly>0</bGraphicalOnly>
			<ArtDefineTag2>ART_DEF_TERRAIN_RAW</ArtDefineTag2>
			<bNormalize>1</bNormalize>
			<iPlotCounterDown>0</iPlotCounterDown>
			<TerrainDown>NONE</TerrainDown>
			<iPlotCounterUp>100</iPlotCounterUp>
			<TerrainUp>NONE</TerrainUp>
		</TerrainInfo>

in TerrainsClassInfos.xml:

Code:
		<TerrainClassInfo>
			<Type>[COLOR="Red"][B]TERRAINCLASS_RAW[/B][/COLOR]</Type>
			<iDefaultTemperature>[COLOR="red"][B]0[/B][/COLOR]</iDefaultTemperature>
			<iDefaultHumidity>[COLOR="red"][B]0[/B][/COLOR]</iDefaultHumidity>
			<NaturalTerrain>TERRAIN_RAW</NaturalTerrain>
			<HellTerrain>TERRAIN_RAW</HellTerrain>
		</TerrainClassInfo>

in ClimateZonesInfos.xml:

Code:
		<ClimateZoneInfo>
			<Type>CLIMATEZONE_FROST</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CLIMATEZONE_FROST</Description>
			<iMinTemperature>-4</iMinTemperature>
			<iMaxTemperature>0</iMaxTemperature>
			<iMinHumidity>[COLOR="Red"][B]1[/B][/COLOR]</iMinHumidity>
			<TerrainClass>TERRAINCLASS_SNOW</TerrainClass>
		</ClimateZoneInfo>
		<ClimateZoneInfo>
			<Type>[COLOR="red"][B]CLIMATEZONE_RAW[/B][/COLOR]</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CLIMATEZONE_RAW</Description>
			<iMaxTemperature>[COLOR="red"][B]0[/B][/COLOR]</iMaxTemperature>
			<iMaxHumidity>[COLOR="red"][B]0[/B][/COLOR]</iMaxHumidity>
			<TerrainClass>[COLOR="red"][B]TERRAINCLASS_RAW[/B][/COLOR]</TerrainClass>
		</ClimateZoneInfo>

The python changing to Bareland in CvEventManager.py

Code:
		if iImprovement == gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_TEAR_3'):
			iPlayer = pPlot.getImprovementOwner()
			pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
			pPlot.setTerrainType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('[B][COLOR="Red"]TERRAIN_RAW[/COLOR][/B]'),True,True)

Before the tile is Temperate/Grassland and after it is Frost/Ice...
It was working as expected in 1.12 of course :p

EDIT : the zone repartition depending on humidity and temperature after my changes:

EDIT : ok I went around the problem by duplicating the setTerrainType command:

Code:
		if iImprovement == gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_TEAR_3'):
			iPlayer = pPlot.getImprovementOwner()
			pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
			pPlot.setTerrainType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('[B][COLOR="Red"]TERRAIN_RAW[/COLOR][/B]'),True,True)
[COLOR="Red"][B]			pPlot.setTerrainType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('[B][COLOR="Red"]TERRAIN_RAW[/COLOR][/B]'),True,True)
[/B][/COLOR]

It works now :)

Attachments

• climatezone.JPG
    climatezone.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 206
By the way, the bMonstrous tag works perfectly. I just implemented its use for Tears and the effect is wonderful. It now behaves like civ with cities.

Thank you very much !!

Top Bottom