[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Do you really think Ottomans would get an unique CH? Don't they usually get turkish baths or something as UB?

With the last UB locked in, I think Ottomans is just wishful thinking at this point. :p

I think the last 3 will be Italy/Genoa/something with the unique district (either CH or culture), an african civ and inca.

Well, the Ottomans got the Hammam in Civ4. That's the only game where they got a unique infrastructure. Rome already has a Unique Aqueduct district.

I'm sure many people will be pissed if the Ottomans don't make it to R&F, especially now that Georgia is in the expansion. :wallbash:[pissed]

Do you really think Ottomans would get an unique CH? Don't they usually get turkish baths or something as UB?

With the last UB locked in, I think Ottomans is just wishful thinking at this point. :p

Yeah, I think a Grand Bazaar UD is more likely for the Ottomans since the Romans already have a Bath.

I think the last 3 will be Italy/Genoa/something with the unique district (either CH or culture), an african civ and inca.

I don't really see how the Ottomans could be skipped. The problem with Turkish Baths is that the Romans already have Baths. A bazaar isn't far-fetched as a UI for the Ottomans and I could see it being an entire district just as well as any other unique district in the game.

I don't think we're gonna get Celts. William Wallace, as others pointed out as well, might very well just be a Great General. He fits the bill, and they get civilopedia entries too.

So where once we had Bearded New World, Firaxis has continued the thematic leader appearances with the new expansion of Rise and Tan. That said, what should come next? Beyond Man-bun? Through the Looking Glasses? Please place your predictions now!

Maybe, but knowing Firaxis William Wallace will be dressed in a modern kilt and tam o' shanter, quoting Burns, with every 18th century romantic stereotype of Scotland or Ireland or even Wales that can be shoved into a single civ. :undecide: I mean, sure, that's still better than Hippie New Age Guru Boudicca, but...

How awesome would it be if he's tossing logs, too?

Heck, just portray him like Fat Bastard! That would crack me up!

2 new civs (1 new civ that fills an old rotational spot and 1 totally new civ) seems about right for an 8-civ expansion, so it'd be reasonable to expect the last 3 civs to be returnees. The Ottomans definitely are the leading candidate for a unique district, with maybe Morocco or Carthage possibly having one instead. Then again, the Aztecs got a unique Entertainment District, which while fitting, wasn't exactly expected.

Aztecs have a unique Arena. The unique Entertainment Complex is from Brazil.

Well, the Ottomans got the Hammam in Civ4. That's the only game where they got a unique infrastructure. Rome already has a Unique Aqueduct district.

I'm sure many people will be pissed if the Ottomans don't make it to R&F, especially now that Georgia is in the expansion. :wallbash:[pissed]
I still see the Hammam replacing an entertainment or culture district building (or even as an unique 3rd tier holy site building) more likely than an unique CH. :p

With the last UB locked in, I think Ottomans is just wishful thinking at this point.

This is the first game where we've had Districts, so that was never an option before... ;)

There's waaaay more to the Turks than baths, especially seeing as the Romans already have one. I think the Grand Bazaar is as good a fit for a unique CH as any (admittedly it would also work as a building). It being an improvement would be weird.

Ethiopia - rock-cut church
Ottomans - Grand Bazaar
Inca - Terrace Farm

I can dream... :p
Nay, Churches of Lalibela are wonder-worthy.

I still see the Hammam replacing an entertainment or culture district building (or even as an unique 3rd tier holy site building) more likely than an unique CH. :p

The Hammam replacing a Entertainment Complex building I can kind of get. But why a Theatre Square building? Or a Holy Site Building?

Nay, Churches of Lalibela are wonder-worthy.

They certainly are.

I'm rooting for either Ethiopia or Mali in Rise & Fall, and I just thought if EP's logic held, the churches (or Axumite stelae, although those are getting stale, since they were Ethiopia's UB in both previous instalments) make more sense as Improvements than Malian mud brick mosques do.

Is Quebec like Louisiana where Continental law holds? Under Common law they won't have a leg to stand on. Continental...I guess it'll depend on local statute law.
If Common law is the only jurisdiction they can file in, any lawyer worth his salt will tell them not to bother.

Not only will I enjoy playing the Cree, because they look to be an awesome civ, now I'm going to feel like a badboy rebel as I play them. Bonus! There is a niche for every type of civ player I guess.

Georgia is going to be fun too!

Based on this, here are my predictions on remaining possible civs:

- Inca: terrace farm improvement
- Ottomans: Bazaar CH replacement district
- Italian City-State civ: Piazza CH replacement district
- Mali/other Sehal civ: mud mosque improvement (likely a faith and science generator)
- Carthage: Cothon Harbor replacement

However it turns out, I do love improvements. I really push Granada if I can afford to.

Hmmm, 4 returning civs, then 2 new ones. Maybe the next 2 will be fresh civs, then?

They said on Twitter that there will be a Livestream on Thursday, but they haven't announced details yet.

I'm betting the move of the Livestream to Thursday instead of Wednesday has something to do with the Cree controversy....

Now that we know based on the Xpac features that UU's and UB's are out for the remaining 3 civs, are there any potential civs that we could reasonably rule out just on the basis of them not having a suitable UI/UD candidate?

Top Bottom