[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

If the Zulu are indeed in R&F it would be unsurprising for them to have an Ikhanda district replacing the Encampment, but I could also see Firaxis giving them a Kraal UI. Someone who knows more about Zulu culture than I do can probably think of more options as well.

If the Zulu are indeed in R&F it would be unsurprising for them to have an Ikhanda district replacing the Encampment, but I could also see Firaxis giving them a Kraal UI. Someone who knows more about Zulu culture than I do can probably think of more options as well.

I think an ikhanda is an obvious choice - as an enclosed pasture/settlement it is in fact a type of kraal. It could have some sort of adjacency bonus (+housing/food) for cattle/livestock/bonus resources.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I suspect Byz/Ottomans might be a separate DLC or held to the next xpac. After all, the part of the video where forces were attacking Georgia was meant to highly Georgia.

I'll still with my bet, but Ottomans I might hedge with Zulu.

I don't really see how the Ottomans could be skipped.

I mean they apparently weren't in 1 or 2; 3 and 4 only added in expansions. 5 was the only one where they were in Vanilla (and they were the least played Civ in vanilla per achievements - which is not surprising since they weren't great outside of the Janissary). So they don't appear overly high on Firaxis's priority list.I was assuming the existence of the Janissary from the Poland scenario made them more likely (they already have unit model), but I maybe that was originally intended as their only appearance!?

I mean they apparently weren't in 1 or 2; 3 and 4 only added in expansions. 5 was the only one where they were in Vanilla (and they were the least played Civ in vanilla per achievements - which is not surprising since they weren't great outside of the Janissary). So they don't appear overly high on Firaxis's priority list.I was assuming the existence of the Janissary from the Poland scenario made them more likely (they already have unit model), but I maybe that was originally intended as their only appearance!?

It's a question of "when" the Ottomans are going to be added to Civ6, not "if".

1) The thursday livestream is kind of proof there was supposed to be a Cree livestream last week that the controversy set fire to.
2) We really, really, really need Firaxis to say something about Post-RF DLC. Could someone who watches the Livestream try to fire off a question and get them to mumble something about it?

If there are post-RF DLC, it really changes the dynamic of what civs we can expect and how excited or disappointed we should be.

Example: Assuming RF is the only xpac and no further DLC, we'd have every right to be annoyed at no Byzantines, Ottomans, Zulu, etc.
Assuming 1 more xpac and no dlc, once the last 3 civs are announced for this one, we can basically carve in stone who will be in the xpac. (Ethiopia, Zulu, Ottomans, Byzantines, Carthage, Babylon, Portugal, 1 slot open to discuss).
Assuming 1 more xpac AND dlc, we get fun discussions
Assuming 1 OR MORE xpacs...

Really the only way they could continue to release DLC would be to design those Civs around the features from the base game right? Civ V didn't get any DLC after its first expansion probably because needing an expansion (essentially DLC in this day and age) to play other DLC could be problematic

Really the only way they could continue to release DLC would be to design those Civs around the features from the base game right? Civ V didn't get any DLC after its first expansion probably because needing an expansion (essentially DLC in this day and age) to play other DLC could be problematic

It seems that way.

So far the releases have gone like this:
district
improvement
building
-Chandragupta-
improvement
building

So the next three should be:
improvement
district
improvement

It would be great if the Inca had the Tambo as in improvement. It would give military benefits as well as housing, food and loyalty ones. This, of course, would go well with some type of rendering of the Inca Trail as they were found around their road system.

From the leaders announced so far, which ones you guys think are "atheist scum" (leaders that don't go for religion unless they have a really good reason to do so), if any of them?

It would be great if the Inca had the Tambo as in improvement. It would give military benefits as well as housing, food and loyalty ones. This, of course, would go well with some type of rendering of the Inca Trail as they were found around their road system.

I want that too. I'd like to see it get additional yields when worked in cities with a governor. TBH, the terrace farms just seem stale. I hope they don't use them as a UI.

@leandrombraz Probably all of them except Tamar.

From the leaders announced so far, which ones you guys think are "atheist scum" (leaders that don't go for religion unless they have a really good reason to do so), if any of them?

I could see Wilhelmina being one, considering the Netherlands were secular already in the 20th century, maybe the mongols?

Is it really that unthinkable to have post expansion pack DLC though ? A not very exact analog, the sims have been notorious in releasing expansion pack and you could purchase each one separately and some of the feature won’t show up unless you have both expansion A and expansion B. So theoretically Firaxis could do something like “if you have this EP that new civ will have something +2 loyalty points , if you only have base game,that feature will instead become +2 coin or science or whatever that fits.

I want that too. I'd like to see it get additional yields when worked in cities with a governor. TBH, the terrace farms just seem stale. I hope they don't use them as a UI.

@leandrombraz Probably all of them except Tamar.

I’d like to see terrace farms just because I know the artwork would be spectacular.

My guesses for the three unrevealed remaining:

Inca: UI (Tambo sounds good.)
Turks: UD (Bazaar replacing the CH)
Mali:UI (some sort of trading post UI. UA will be focuses on mines)

Top Bottom