[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Did they change the starting positions bug when each time you start a game you start next to a civilization in rise and fall? anybody some info on that one?

I might just be making this up but to my knowledge; as the British Empire was know for having a lot of governors; especially overseas in the colonies, could England gain a bonus to accumulating Governors or using governors of foreign continents?
Maybe in addition to "British Museum" England also gets +1 governor title per new continent discovered or governors double a city's loyalty on foreign continents.

Did they change the starting positions bug when each time you start a game you start next to a civilization in rise and fall? anybody some info on that one?

In the livestream with Ed he said they made changes to the algorithm to make sure it was more equal distribution. I forget exactly what he said, but something like making sure there's a real civ and at least 1-2 city-states per continent, as opposed to now where you can have an entire continent with only city-states.

I might just be making this up but to my knowledge; as the British Empire was know for having a lot of governors; especially overseas in the colonies, could England gain a bonus to accumulating Governors or using governors of foreign continents?
Maybe in addition to "British Museum" England also gets +1 governor title per new continent discovered or governors double a city's loyalty on foreign continents.

I remember an off-hand remark (during a livestream, perhaps?) that England would probably receive some sort of loyalty bolster to far-flung colonies so that you can play them the way they were intended without your overseas empire collapsing immediately.

It probably doesn't involve Governors, but who knows?

In the livestream with Ed he said they made changes to the algorithm to make sure it was more equal distribution. I forget exactly what he said, but something like making sure there's a real civ and at least 1-2 city-states per continent, as opposed to now where you can have an entire continent with only city-states.

It seems that their original intention was that continents with a couple of CS would sit in between continents with a Civ on it. But the CS continents clumped together, as did the Civ continents. Too bad as that was a good idea in theory...

I suppose they could still do a First Look on Thursday, January 18.
Don't think we'll get one this week: they said in the tweet today that they were taking a break "this week'.

The speculation is guna get unhinged... and not completely unfairly lol.

I remember an off-hand remark (during a livestream, perhaps?) that England would probably receive some sort of loyalty bolster to far-flung colonies so that you can play them the way they were intended without your overseas empire collapsing immediately.

It probably doesn't involve Governors, but who knows?
Redcoats garrisoned in cities? Until a revolution happens. :mischief:
Anyway that sounds more of a Pax Britannica ability than a British Museum ability.

Don't think we'll get one this week: they said in the tweet today that they were taking a break "this week'.
Of all weeks, they take off while I'm sick and need new R&F civs to discuss. :cry: However will I entertain my half-dazed mind? :(

I'm hoping this reveal will cover some of the vanilla civ changes. I think America is the only civ we know is getting a change, right? Will those changes be part of the vanilla patch, or R&F specific?

So many questions...

Emergencies would be good to see as well.

Guessing the final three civs will contain another newcomer (go Ashanti, go!). It would be weird to show the only two newcomers, take a break and then at max hype, deliver three returning civs.

Honestly, detailed info on new features is more interesting than particular civs. But civ introductions cause much more active discussions :)

Will those changes be part of the vanilla patch, or R&F specific?
I would expect the changes to be R&F specific, since they are only changing the base feature that the vanilla American ability is based on in R&F itself. If you only have vanilla, then legacy bonuses are still a thing, so the American ability doesn't need to be changed.

Of all weeks, they take off while I'm sick and need new R&F civs to discuss. :cry: However will I entertain my half-dazed mind? :(

Turns out you didn't have to worry! No official reveal, but strong hints for the Mapuche and Scotland in the same day...

...this would also appear to lend credence to the Chinese leaker. So in fact we would appear to have a good idea about all three remaining civs now.

Turns out you didn't have to worry! No official reveal, but strong hints for the Mapuche and Scotland in the same day...

...this would also appear to lend credence to the Chinese leaker. So in fact we would appear to have a good idea about all three remaining civs now.
I'll take the Mapuche and try very hard to ignore Scotland. :p

Top Bottom