[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Do we know if Spec-Ops need to be close to an Aerodrome to make an air-drop to somewhere? And if we also need Rapid Deployment for that? I sure hope it works for
Everywhere inside your territory... they could be very handy for some late-game emergencies in such a case.

From the information, I saw "Can para drop forward without the use of aircraft" I will try to find my source of that for you and I'll edit it in it's been a while since I saw it

Edit:
Source:
Information located under the "New Units" Section

While of course, this does not confirm that you don't need Flight technology to build the unit or where it's located in the tech tree but it does imply that you wouldn't need a specific delivery system after the unit is unlocked

Last edited:
I guess Game of Thrones could be said to be an accurate depiction of an atheist nihilist's rewriting of Medieval history. :p

So I've heard. :( Sorry, GoT, but you lost the thing that came closest to my giving you a chance. :p
There's some who may disagree with me, but I strongly agree with Zaarin.

I'll just say that it is just plain depressing though (and too graphic and too disturbing for my liking too).

Y'all don't dis Kingdom of Heaven, love it for what it is, not what it isn't.

True - I do appreciate it as a fine work of propaganda :p

There's some who may disagree with me, but I strongly agree with Zaarin.

I'll just say that it is just plain depressing though (and too graphic and too disturbing for my liking too).
I agree to get back on topic after this post.
Disregarding the graphic stuff, it is one of the best stories I have ever read and watched.
Side note/getting back on topic: Now I kind of want Richard Madden to voice either William Wallace/Robert the Bruce or whoever it is. I mean he does have connections with Sean Bean. Wonder if he knows Scottish Gaelic?

Didn't Alexander Siddig play Perseus or Hermes or something in one of those pseudo-Greek movies? (TBH, outside of Star Trek I've actually only seen him as Gabriel in The Nativity, which also featured Shoreh Aghdashloo as Elizabeth.)

He played Hannibal in a History of Nat Geo tv show which I saw a number of years ago...

I guess that the civ revealed next will be the Mapuche. We've seen his portrait two times already.
Next will be Scotland.
Zulu last. Just to remember the G&K announcements. Everybody was sure that Shaka/Zulu would be revealed last, but then it turned out to be Sweden and no one could believe it. So if they planned this the other way round this time (everybody thinking Inca, or Ottomans, or Mali), it would be fun. Shame that the leak ruined it.

I guess that the civ revealed next will be the Mapuche. We've seen his portrait two times already.
Next will be Scotland.
Zulu last. Just to remember the G&K announcements. Everybody was sure that Shaka/Zulu would be revealed last, but then it turned out to be Sweden and no one could believe it. So if they planned this the other way round this time (everybody thinking Inca, or Ottomans, or Mali), it would be fun. Shame that the leak ruined it.

I remember that clue being particularly devious - they showed a close up of his armour's filigree from the concept art, which people were sure was Shaka's leopardskin.

I think the Zulu will probably be last too, since they're the only fan favourite at this stage.

Am still anticipating a double reveal next week, Mapuche on Tuesday and Scotland on Thursday for Burns's Night...

As the release is approaching: Does anyone know when we can expect that the NDA will be lifted and streamers/let's player may show something? When have we been able to see sth before the release of the base game?

As the release is approaching: Does anyone know when we can expect that the NDA will be lifted and streamers/let's player may show something? When have we been able to see sth before the release of the base game?

Someone mentioned yesterday or earlier today (not sure which) that a streamer/streamers couldn't say wheter or not they were allowed to stream... I believe this week, maybe next week. So yeah, decide for yourself what that means. :)

Next will be Scotland.

Hopefully Firaxis will have smoothed everything out with the Mapuche leaders (if the headband leader is Lautaro) by then.
I just suspect that's the reason they didn't reveal them this week.

Hopefully Firaxis will have smoothed everything out with the Mapuche leaders (if the headband leader is Lautaro) by then.
I just suspect that's the reason they didn't reveal them this week.
"Quick! Stall them with a 'full details' video and a live stream while we round up some tobacco and fly to Argentina! We do not want the Cree thing to happen twice in one expansion!" :lol:

"Quick! Stall them with a 'full details' video and a live stream while we round up some tobacco and fly to Argentina! We do not want the Cree thing to happen twice in one expansion!" :lol:
:lol:

Oh, and twenty-one days.

Probably Chile, but yeah. Lol.

@Kimiimaro, time to update your City-State list!

Kumasi and Nan Madol were in today's Livestream, in the second save.

@Kimiimaro, time to update your City-State list!

Kumasi and Nan Madol were in today's Livestream, in the second save.
*sigh* I'd love to see Madagascar added at some point. In place of the Zulu would be nice...

*sigh* I'd love to see Madagascar added at some point. In place of the Zulu would be nice...

You're a Madagascar fan?
Welcome to my little club! :goodjob:

They really don't seem that popular here, mainly because people are unfamiliar with their history.
I started becoming more familiar with them after reading some materials by one of my former Professors, who does fieldwork in Madagascar.

You're a Madagascar fan?
Welcome to my little club! :goodjob:

They really don't seem that popular here, mainly because people are unfamiliar with their history.
I started becoming more familiar with them after reading some materials by one of my former Professors, who does fieldwork in Madagascar.
I'm not extremely familiar with them, but what I know is interesting. Certainly more interesting than "rage against the British and disappear" Zulu.

Top Bottom