[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Is a straight out tourism district a possibility? It would allow for national choices for buildings (but do not use this to post any more nazi pics please)

dutch_queen_wilhelmina_has_just_been_teased_on_tv

On Reddit they are saying Netherlands and Wilhelmina were just teased on Dutch TV. Anyone here able to verify that?

You mean Netherlands/Wilhelmina being in the Rise and Fall expansion was advertised on Dutch TV?
Sounds strange. Has Firaxis ever done that before?

Here is an example of Dutch backlash at Wilhelmina in that link: :p
Very disappointed to be honest. Kind of stupid to represent the Dutch civilization at our lowest, weakest and most embarrassing point in history.. We have such a glorious and successful past! Also not sure how Wilhelmina is a good leader. Nothing against her but she didn't really do much in her time compared to people like William of Orange or de Witt brothers.

Here is an example of Dutch backlash at Wilhelmina in that link: :p
Very disappointed to be honest. Kind of stupid to represent the Dutch civilization at our lowest, weakest and most embarrassing point in history.. We have such a glorious and successful past! Also not sure how Wilhelmina is a good leader. Nothing against her but she didn't really do much in her time compared to people like William of Orange or de Witt brothers.

I noticed. I'm trying to find some kind of independent verification.

The Nazis burned down the first one in a black flag type event to justify seizing additional control of the country. The one with the Nazi emblem was the one they rebuilt.

Wasn't it just something that they used to seize power, while not actually instignated by them?

Also, I'm gonna see if I can get confirmation.

(oh and EP congrats on 10k posts)

People need to stop saying "was the leader a good leader".

First things first.

The game is about re-writing history in a sense, so picking those who failed and lead them to success is a good selling point.

Futhermore, it's obvious by now that the choices are picked based on a very funny method, that, of a Reality TV show.

So think if the leader picked would be a good reality tv contestant and then figure out if they are a good pick xD

Well, Wilhelmina isn't bad, but I kind of expected Willem van Oranje to return. Now we won't see his cool striped pants again :-(

I can already imagine YouTube reaction if Wilhelmina is really the Dutch leader. Complaints... Complaints everywhere.

Also, I join in congratulations on Eagle's 10000th post :)

Okay, the Netherlands are indeed led by Wilhelmina, and they can build Polders on COASTAL TILES!!!!!! (that was basically my dream by the way)

That's also all information they gave us.

(oh and the skipping through the rest of that tv show made me very happy I don't normally watch tv... blegh)

Wow, you watched it Leyrann?

Well it looks good
Dark orange with blue border

Edit: nevermind, it's true :p

Looks like Netherlands will be the next Civ to be revealed on Tuesday.

They made Wilhelmina look younger than I expected.

Spoiler :
upload_2017-12-9_20-14-2.png

And a second polder:

Spoiler :
upload_2017-12-9_20-15-1.png

Wilhelmina:

Spoiler :
upload_2017-12-9_20-16-3.png

Also, one of her abilities is called "Radio Oranje", which is the name of the radio in WWII that we were talking about already. No hints as to what it does.

The One of the dutch abilities is called "Radio Oranje", which is probably a reference to the Dutch resistance Radio.

Polders can be build on coast.

Edit: Ninja'd again. :lol:

If the goal was distinct leaders that ooze personality I think Wilhemina's model definitely ticked off the boxes. I don't know how fitting she looks as a leader, but just glancing at her she looks like an aunt that would spoil her nieces and nephews with candy even though their parents warned her about spoiling their dinners, except she's actually quite strict when it comes to manners and is very intimidating when upset.

(I know nothing of Dutch history, so I have no clue if that even remotely resembles her actual personality)

Looks to me like a Polder adds +1 food +1 production plus another 1 food for every adjacent Polder, but I think we can't be sure from that single screenshot (yields only appeared after placing the polder).

And it is not some kind of national joke day in the Netherlands today?

Top Bottom