1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 28, 2017.

1. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

The pics released show what looks like a forum, so I'm guessing that's the first building. I'm guessing it's either the first building for everyone regardless of government type or it's the building exclusive to Classical Republic.

I too would like to see a choice between mutually exclusive buildings for every district. Your proposal for an observatory is an interesting one. Choosing between that for a bit more science and a university for the housing could work. I'm not sure the Theater Square needs another building, though, since it already has a choice between two museums.

Guandao and Siptah like this.
  2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

No, several articles said that there are buildings associated with government types.

Yes, the Reichstag is specifically German, but I was stalling out on coming up with an example of a Fascist government building.

3. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Nürnberg nazi party rally grounds. Something like that.

4. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

I don't think Firaxis would use "Nazi" in the name of the building.

5. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Reichskanzlei if you want to use a building that is specifically fascist an German, probably too specific. Maybe a Dictator‘s Palace?

Guandao likes this.
  6. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Party rally grounds.

I just kept the Nürnberg nazi part in for clarification. :p

Guandao likes this.
  7. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

If you translate the real name it‘s Imperial Party Rally Ground ;-)

Guandao likes this.
  8. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

And a lot of Americans sound British (because singing tends to be non-rhotic). It's called a Transatlantic accent. But also genre conventions also dictate pronunciation to a degree: rock and pop originated in America, so many pop and rock singers affect American accents, etc.

Both "Maya" and "Mayan" are correct. Mayan tends to be used either as the language or adjective rather than the demonym, but I don't think it's explicitly incorrect. "Incan," however, is not a word, as far as I know. Strictly people the Inca was the ruler and Quechua is both the language and the people, so calling them "Inca" is kind of like calling Egyptians "Pharaoh." But it's become standard and I don't really expect it will change now. :p

Siptah, Leyrann and Guandao like this.
  9. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

I agree as well.

The Holy Site has a whole set of mutually exclusive buildings.

The Encampment already has a mutually exclusive set of buildings: barracks vs. stable.

The Theatre Square has the art museum vs. the archaeological museum.

The choice between observatory and university is interesting.

For the Entertainment Complex, how about zoo vs. circus or stadium vs. theme park?

For the Industrial Zone, how about Power Plant vs. Solar Power Plant?

For the Commercial Hub, how about Stock Exchange vs. Corporate Headquarters?

For the Harbour, how about Seaport vs. Cruise Port of Call?

Guandao likes this.
  10. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

Assuming the other new district is a new district available to everyone and not just a unique district for a specific Civ or one provided by a specific governor, the possibilities I see are an intelligence district that enhances espionage or educes enemy spy effectiveness or a medical district that boosts either housing or food.

While we're on the subject of districts, I would love to see the Aerodrome reworked into a tourism district. I'd keep the hangar and military airport to boost air units for those who want to build strong air forces, but I'd add a commercial airport and hotel/visitor center as a third building and have those boost the city's tourism.

MarcosQuadros, Siptah and Guandao like this.
  11. Eagle Pursuit

According to the Steam blurb, There are two new districts and two new unique districts. So, the Government Plaza and unknown second district should be available to everyone with two additional districts that are unique to two new civs.

Guandao, darkace77450 and Leyrann like this.
  12. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Of course, one of those is already known as Korea's unique campus of which I do not remember the name.

Guandao and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  13. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Chieftain

What about using only the Congress Hall which was located on that rally ground?

14. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

That would be another idea! To be honest though, I think this building might be most famous:

Guandao likes this.
  15. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

Ah, good to know. Thanks.

16. Captain Fargle

Captain Fargle Chieftain

Seowon

Leyrann and Guandao like this.
  17. Eagle Pursuit

I thought that was the Reichstag. Also, that should happen whenever a Communist civ takes a Fascist civ's city that contains a Government Plaza.

MarcosQuadros and Guandao like this.
  18. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

The Volkshalle would be an interesting wonder for a civ that chooses Fascism.

19. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Chieftain

Apparently there are two different Reichstags (parliament), one prior to the Nazi-Germany the Weimar Reichstag and formed by the Nazis the Greater German Reichstag. But the actual building was build for the Weimar Reichstag in 1894.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  20. Eagle Pursuit

The Nazis burned down the first one in a black flag type event to justify seizing additional control of the country. The one with the Nazi emblem was the one they rebuilt.